McInnes it is not - Staying with the sheep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember McCoist knocked back McLeish in 2005 to come in as coach and no one doubted his loyalty because he knew the situation was a mess.

McInnes has just knocked back his dream job. Far too easy to call him a shitebag rather than ask question why he's done so.

And I don't believe for a minute he's a shitebag
Exactly! McInnes has caught wind of something and what ever has been put on the plate has scared him off

Beforehand I wasn't overly excited by mcinnes but I thought he'd building a decent squad and certainly have us competing but now it's apparent that The job was clearly too big for him and he decided to stick with the easy / no hassle provincial club where 3rd or 4th and a cup run every couple years is ok to keep things ticking along as he & assistants picks up their wages and family life Is pretty steady (no shame in any of that & settling for the quiet life, but that ain't going be the case / expectation or sacrifice needed as a rangers manager

In the end, mcinnes has flirted with leaving Aberdeen twice but has backed away at the last minute (Sunderland and with Us) when the reality of the job he'd been taking got too much for him.

We should be thankful that we saved the £1million plus compensation plus the months wasted on him as manager at our club when he so obviously doesn't have the self belief / self confidence & required level of arrogance / star power about him to take our club forward.

At least mcinnes bowed out before he really cost us and it cost him his current job situation.

DQeuKgPXcAA6quL.jpg:large

That’s crap! Go to rangers or stay in Aberdeen! There is literally no debating what you do! NONE

Something stinks

Its not really though is it?

McInnes wants the job, but knows in 12 months or 18 months he'll probably be out of a job.......... hes already admitted he doesnt know how to beat Brenda!

He'd then end up at a Motherwell or a Partick making buttons.

DM is not a big game big decision manager...... seems the man knows that

I can’t believe we are left in this position 6 weeks after the board Sacked the manager, and our board don’t think this is a concern.

Its not really though is it?

McInnes wants the job, but knows in 12 months or 18 months he'll probably be out of a job.......... hes already admitted he doesnt know how to beat Brenda!

He'd then end up at a Motherwell or a Partick making buttons.

DM is not a big game big decision manager...... seems the man knows that

He would make more at us in 12 months than he would have in 3 years at dolly, he will be sacked in 2 years at dolly so I don’t buy that either!

I posted yesterday that I had a feeling that bird weren’t unanimous in wanting McInnes and I have been proved right purely by Chance as I know nothing! But what’s clear to me is we are a Captainless ship steering from one disaster to another with no control whatsoever

I am now coming round to the thought that we actually have a board room fight for control! And see when we draw or loose in the next 3 games watch the melt down

It's obvious he wasn't a preferred candidate, either now or in March.

Still surprised, though, that he'd turn down his "dream job" and not give it a go.

A lot of criticism of the Board, but what would you do if you thought none of the applicants were good enough?

they interviewed, decided not to settle, headhuntered their preferred candidate but got a KB.

Dont see what theyve done that wrong. I'll wait until jan and see who they appoint and then at least wait a few games to get a vibe of how the new guy is getting on, then i'll start to make a judgement of their recruitment process/decisions.

If that’s true and he wasn’t willing to resign in order to become our next manager, then he was definitely never the right man for the job. Every one of us on here would walk over broken glass if given the opportunity that McInnes was offered.

A lot of criticism of the Board, but what would you do if you thought none of the applicants were good enough?

they interviewed, decided not to settle, headhuntered their preferred candidate but got a KB.

Dont see what theyve done that wrong. I'll wait until jan and see who they appoint and then at least wait a few games to get a vibe of how the new guy is getting on, then i'll start to make a judgement of their recruitment process/decisions.
The very fact that we are asking for applicants is why I am pissed of with this boards approach.

The guy seems mentally weak I thought he would be a decent appointment if that’s true he felt unwanted and couldn’t part company with Aberdeen he’s got no chance in the managerial game

for all those saying murty is a safe pair of hands
, it was only a couple of weeks ago we got beat of hamilton and dundee

most on here wanted him gone right after those games

a couple of heavy defeats and this place will be in a uproar

So he doesnt want to ruin his legacy with the aberdeen fans eh.

So the implication being that the simple act of joining rangers ruins a legacy at Aberdeen?

So basically he's staying at Aberdeen because their fans hatred of us as a club is so strong?

He's willing to give up his dream job at his boyhood heroes because of the hatred of Aberdeen fans?

He sounds like a bit of a wet blanket with no stones tbh. Hes not doing what HE would prefer, he's being denied that because the aberdeen fans would hate him. He'll regret that in later years.

If they would hate him for joining a bigger club , that he grew up supporting then that means they clearly have no effection for the guy in the first place!!

If you really believe that, you're as deluded as an average poster from Kerrydale.

Is that right?

Nobody knows what has led to the position we are in but I reckon that guess is as good as anybody’s.

Why don’t you share your thoughts or are you just here to pass nonsensical judgements on others?

DM has just been schooled by Murty over two games, he also knew that most of the Rangers support were not convinced with him being our manager,

Looking at that Record back page, 2 things are confirmed: 1. We messed around too long and treated our 'preferred candidate' very unprofessionally. 2. McInnes would never have been able to cope with being our manager.

I remember someone on here meeting Clint Hill near the end of last season and saying that Hill believed a lot of our players that were brought in from lesser leagues couldn't hack the expectation of winning every game. I can totally see that with McInnes. He looked shell shocked on Sunday so imagine how he would react if he was our manager and had to turn around a series of poor results whilst under constant media scrutiny. With the Sheep, he can finish anywhere in the top 6 and have a job for life.

Is there a chance Derek is holding our for improved terms and conditions and will end up becoming our manager in a couple of weeks time (a la Allardyce and Everton)?

Is there a chance Derek is holding our for improved terms and conditions and will end up becoming our manager in a couple of weeks time (a la Allardyce and Everton)?

Not a chance imo it was pretty 50/50 with fans as it was now the fans wouldn't accept it especially after what's on the record back page KJ and DM are very friendly.

Reactions: Mez
As far as him not wanting to 'wreck his legacy at Aberdeen', refusing to rule out the Rangers job has probably put the kibosh on that. For 6 weeks he kept his options open. When the Sunderland job came up he went down to meet them. If his Aberdeen legacy meant that much, he wouldn't have done either.

So he doesnt want to ruin his legacy with the aberdeen fans eh.

So the implication being that the simple act of joining rangers ruins a legacy at Aberdeen?

So basically he's staying at Aberdeen because their fans hatred of us as a club is so strong?

He's willing to give up his dream job at his boyhood heroes because of the hatred of Aberdeen fans?

He sounds like a bit of a wet blanket with no stones tbh. Hes not doing what HE would prefer, he's being denied that because the aberdeen fans would hate him. He'll regret that in later years.

If they would hate him for joining a bigger club , that he grew up supporting then that means they clearly have no effection for the guy in the first place!!
Ffs mate they were wanting rid of him earlier today and one even hoped he’d die.

Good luck up there deek am sure you will need it.

No, the club statement said he wasn’t ready to manage Rangers, why should that be any different in a couple of weeks time ?

Eh Del we were willing to pay over 1m for you ffs how more wanted do you want.
I'll put my cards on the table, i like our board. They have an impossible task imo and have made good progress. I'll accept mistakes from these guys as they are genuine bears. HOWEVER, they haven't handled this well. Before sacking Pedro we should have had our man identified. We should have had a deal done, within a week OR agree a temporary manager until the end of the season. That's leadership. What they've done is have a recruitmemt process. Really? This is Rangers ffs! We pick you! The board have devalued the position. 6 weeks later we go to Aberdeen, offer the money and McInnes says 'no thanks'. He didn't feel wanted because who were the board looking at for 6 weeks? Is there already a split? Is there a long term plan? If we REALLY wanted McInnes, he'd be at Ibrox. It looks like we were a bit unsure.

Is he married with a young family? Just floating the idea that the prospect of returning to Glasgow to be watching you and your kids backs for the Cretins from the East End wouldn't be too enticing. Couldn't stay in Aberdeen either because they'd be hounded worse there.

Maybe an oversimplification of the situation, but maybe... No natural predators up there really, easy life, few hassles. Might have had a bearing, he doesn't really look like a man of steel exactly.

He made it clear he was pissed off with how long it took us to talk to him.

A fucking shambles.

If he turned the job down because he took the huff, he will really live to regret it. What age is he - 10? Appears to behave like he is. Maybe he was worried Santa couldn't find his new house in Glasgow!

He made it clear he was pissed off with how long it took us to talk to him.

A fucking shambles.

So basically toys out the pram, cutting his nose off to spite his face?

If he wasn't interested then he could've out the speculation to bed weeks ago by saying he wanted to stay put.

In recent times I have been critical of the board. In recent times I have been critical of Derek McInnes.

It seems as if these two factions have collided and all hell breaks loose. I cannot say I am shocked.

What a mess.

Come on, tell me you're not just a little pleased about how's it turned out...?

The follow on from this is the next transfer window. Who's going to sign for a rudderless club with no manager? That's us set back another 6 months.

I think we need to be aware of how easily we adopt the club propaganda as reality. How long after that embarrassment of a statement was it before the most popular phrase on here was "job was too big for him"?

I'm going to my bedroom to strip off, lie down and have a long, slow concomitant.....

Seems to me that the duds Pedro signed didnae look to shabby the last two games.

Candeias cardoso morelos alves Herrera didn’t start both games only alves started one. And Pena was possibly our worst player in both games so your point is invalid. If you seriously think we could recoup money on any of these players (other than possibly morelos) you’re living in a fantasy world.

I get the impression I'm missing out on a joke here....what are the references on Twitter to Derek McInnes wanking under a table in a strip club?

Candeias cardoso morelos alves Herrera didn’t start both games only alves started one. And Pena was possibly our worst player in both games so your point is invalid. If you seriously think we could recoup money on any of these players (other than possibly morelos) you’re living in a fantasy world.
Pena was our worst player last 2 games???

I get the impression I'm missing out on a joke here....what are the references on Twitter to Derek McInnes wanking under a table in a strip club?
Apparently Traynor caught him wanking under a table at a strip club and McInnes was humiliated, which is why he hasn’t taken the job.

I’d be surprised if we hadn’t received positive vibes from his agent before going after him so publicly.

As silly as it seems, I honestly don't believe we even talked to his agent. The board seems to have been too dignified throughout this process. :rolleyes:

I honestly ain't too fussed about not getting McInnes - he wasn't my first choice - it's more the process that annoys me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back