McInnes it is not - Staying with the sheep

Status
Not open for further replies.
He never felt wanted enough by us? What was he expecting? Dinner, flowers and a handjob? I’m of the opinion he got cold feet.

Having said that, for us to now go into the rest of December without a manager is horrible planning from the board.

We are relying on a youth coach to keep our season alive while the board make it up as they go along.

That’s the biggest and only disappointment for me.

Nobody would be happy to take a job they know they were the last option for. I think he's made the wrong decision, but if the board wanted him they would have done it weeks ago. I don't rate him that highly, but he was treated like shit by the board if we're honest.

I’m not disagreeing. The Board, though, are not the Club.

He could have been in the dug-out on Saturday in front of a full Ibrox. That should be enough to get over how he got there.

I reckon he would have taken the job if offered 2 games ago. Being soundly exposed tactically by our excellent youth coach whose name was chanted by the fans after the away game (while McInnes ran up the tunnel) , changed the game in my opinion and he did bottle it.

I'm relieved. Dont rate him. Didn't like the raised fist to the home fans when his team scored on Sunday. No Docherty or Marshall coming to Ibrox.

Did something click with Murty after the two defeats? Whether due to the boards incompetence or not, I'm delighted he's getting the chance to show us.

Candeias cardoso morelos alves Herrera didn’t start both games only alves started one. And Pena was possibly our worst player in both games so your point is invalid. If you seriously think we could recoup money on any of these players (other than possibly morelos) you’re living in a fantasy world.
That's true but some did take part also John, Jack, Mcrorie (brought in by Pedro to the first team) so not as bad as you imagine. Don't think we need to recoup money just yet.

Not sure if it’s been mentioned already but apparently McInnes’ brother has slaughtered us on Facebook. Says he wouldn’t be able to take us any further forward under King and the board, 2nd would be the best he could’ve done, which in time the fans wouldn’t accept.

Not sure if it’s been mentioned already but apparently McInnes’ brother has slaughtered us on Facebook. Says he wouldn’t be able to take us any further forward under King and the board, 2nd would be the best he could’ve done, which in time the fans wouldn’t accept.
Just as well it wasn’t his brother we offered the job to then.

The simple fact is that we are currently 2nd despite the odd poor result and turmoil lately.

Celtic are also very poor as recent results have shown.

A decent manager would be challenging them from the word go, even with our current squad and some ins and outs next summer.

So f^ck McInnes and f^ck his brother as well

We didn't make him feel wanted enough according to his mate Keith Jackson. Absolutely laughable. He's bottled it. Small time mentality.

Candeias cardoso morelos alves Herrera didn’t start both games only alves started one. And Pena was possibly our worst player in both games so your point is invalid. If you seriously think we could recoup money on any of these players (other than possibly morelos) you’re living in a fantasy world.

Behave yourself ffs Pena played well against Aberdeen if you did not see that then it is you that is living in a fantasy World?

Putting aside the sheer ineptitude of the Rangers board, it looks as though we have dodged a shitebag-sized bullet in not securing McInnes.

He clearly realised the job was miles too big for him

Putting aside the sheer ineptitude of the Rangers board, it looks as though we have dodged a shitebag-sized bullet in not securing McInnes.

He clearly realised the job was miles too big for him
Exactly. Who cares about legacies at Aberdeen when you have the chance to manage Rangers? Still, having said that, the board have huge questions to answer. And they had better deliver a proper manager now.

His brother trotting out the excuses as well then.

I was told last night most stuff was agreed between McInnes , Docherty and Marshall and Rangers and Aberdeen were still in negotiations but they were very amicable.

I was then sent a message again just before lunch time that it would highly likely be done today.

I had no reason to doubt what I was told considering where it came from but with all the pant wetting I decided to share with the forum to try and calm things down .

Something has happened this afternoon and the person that told me isn’t saying much at all as they were 100% convinced.

For me I am happy as I never wanted McInnes but had been resigned to it being him.

Now that the supposed safe option is out of the equation hopefully we will be a bit more adventurous with our appointment.
You didn’t say ‘most stuff’, you said those three were certainties and that it was only Barry Ferguson that was needing some things ironed out (despite multiple posters and Ferguson himself even confirming he hadn’t even received a single phone call to get involved).

Is he married with a young family? Just floating the idea that the prospect of returning to Glasgow to be watching you and your kids backs for the Cretins from the East End wouldn't be too enticing. Couldn't stay in Aberdeen either because they'd be hounded worse there.

Maybe an oversimplification of the situation, but maybe... No natural predators up there really, easy life, few hassles. Might have had a bearing, he doesn't really look like a man of steel exactly.

Makes me think that Jacksons piece in the record the other day about Mcinnes potentially knocking us back because the time we had taken may have come from the horses mouth ..

Is he married with a young family? Just floating the idea that the prospect of returning to Glasgow to be watching you and your kids backs for the Cretins from the East End wouldn't be too enticing. Couldn't stay in Aberdeen either because they'd be hounded worse there.

Maybe an oversimplification of the situation, but maybe... No natural predators up there really, easy life, few hassles. Might have had a bearing, he doesn't really look like a man of steel exactly.
His family don’t stay in Aberdeen with him, they stay in Houston. McInnes himself travels back and forth and has a flat in Stonehaven apparently.

Runners-up is a trophy for some clubs and people involved in football. I believe DM sees it like a trophy.

You didn’t say ‘most stuff’, you said those three were certainties and that it was only Barry Ferguson that was needing some things ironed out (despite multiple posters and Ferguson himself even confirming he hadn’t even received a single phone call to get involved).

If you are going to be pedantic then yes you are correct I did say those 3 were all agreed as I was told it had all been discussed with agents and lawyers and they were happy with what was on offer and it was as only a matter of time.

I was also told Ferguson was involved and a good possibility of it happening so I posted what I was told and believed to be true.

When I was told the 3 would be done yesterday I asked about Ferguson and told he wasn’t happening which I then passed on .

See now the way I read this is that even his brother doesn't rate McInnes' managerial skill-sets if he thinks he can't challenge..... we are having a "shocking" season supposedly, but yet we are 2nd with the 2nd best goal difference (by a considerable way I may add) just bettered our supposed nearest competitors home and away AND still nobody is even moderately happy (yes I know there have been blips and some god awful performances as well).
The games against the sheep didn't even look like the players were playing out of their skin - it looked like they were playing as a team finally and if thats what can happen with some belief then my god we aren't actually that far off and if McInnes thinks he can't make a difference then he has accepted he isn't good enough IMO.

Yes there may still be some poor management going on behind closed doors by a board who aren't really keeping us informed but nobody really knows do they.

Get that fat fukin slug traynor as far away to fuk from the club as possible. Everything he’s touched has made us look like a fukin amateur outfit.

The board have fuked up immensely. King and the board are fukin clueless when it comes to running a football club.

First thing they should do is pay for a chief exec that’s a proper chief exec. Someone who knows a football club and how to run it. Stewart Robertson ain’t him. How we have went 7 weeks and have now been knocked back by the manager of Aberdeen is anybodies guess. King has been made to look like a complete mug here.

If you are going to be pedantic then yes you are correct I did say those 3 were all agreed as I was told it had all been discussed with agents and lawyers and they were happy with what was on offer and it was as only a matter of time.

I was also told Ferguson was involved and a good possibility of it happening so I posted what I was told and believed to be true.

When I was told the 3 would be done yesterday I asked about Ferguson and told he wasn’t happening which I then passed on .

Maybe your source isn't ITK.

Or maybe you're just talking absolute shite for attention on an internet forum.

I know which one I'd pick.

Maybe your source isn't ITK.

Or maybe you're just talking absolute shite for attention on an internet forum.

I know which one I'd pick.

Least i am big enough to come on and admit it .

My source has been right plenty of times but I will be keeping things to myself in future.

It all came from our side so it’s quite apparent that they were convinced McInnes would take it as the financial demands had been met but he’s bottled it just as simple as that .

Who knows what has really went on as the press will always paint us in a bad light but no matter how badly we’ve handles it it is obvious we have dodged a bullet.

If McInnes didn’t want the job due to his loyalties with Aberdeen, then he wasn’t fit for the job. He’s got a poor managerial record and he was basically getting it because he is “a Rangers man”. If his loyalties with Aberdeen are that strong then he obviously isn’t “a Rangers man”.

If McInnes felt “unwanted” then good riddance. He should have been fighting tooth and nail for the job that eclipses Aberdeen by miles. If that was the case then he wouldn’t have been thick skinned enough to take the job.

If McInnes has changed his mind at the last minute, then it suits his previous as a bottler.

Any of those 3 scenarios show we have got the best result in a bad situation.

I reckon he would have taken the job if offered 2 games ago. Being soundly exposed tactically by our excellent youth coach whose name was chanted by the fans after the away game (while McInnes ran up the tunnel) , changed the game in my opinion and he did bottle it.

I'm relieved. Dont rate him. Didn't like the raised fist to the home fans when his team scored on Sunday. No Docherty or Marshall coming to Ibrox.

Did something click with Murty after the two defeats? Whether due to the boards incompetence or not, I'm delighted he's getting the chance to show us.
The board might just stagger into a solution if Murty continues to win games.

this pish has to stop nobody's sources were correct no matter how you try and spin it

its friday morning and dm is sheep manager its over stop trying to seem like you know something

Adding to this I enjoy the drips of info posters get but when things do not go right please stop arguing that they were right despite the deal being over

There was a post on this thread (?) I think that kind of went under the radar and I am looking for it to re read it. Along the lines of McInnes was holed up in Glasgow, awaiting things being sorted but the club would not meet the release clause and wanted McInnes to resign and for us to be taken to court by Aberdeen, and that this is what we were pushing his agent to facilitate. It ended by saying that McInnes was quoted directly saying that 'That is not how the club I played for would do business' or words to that effect. Who posted it and where is it please?

Well Aberdeen still have him but do they want him?

Lunchtime yesterday in the Sun

ABERDEEN fans’ group chief Scott Barclay has said Derek McInnes’ position is now UNTENABLE.

He told the BBC: “Derek’s a very clever man and he’s managed the media as best as he could but there is one man in this whole situation that could have killed the speculation and that is Derek McInnes.

“Fans are tearing each other apart over the whole thing and it’s not our making, or the club’s.

“He’s been backed to the hilt and given money to spend; considerably more than anyone in a long time.

“He was rewarded with a new contract after the Sunderland situation but here we go again.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sp...berdeen-derek-mcinnes-untenable-move-rangers/

Why are our fans still having a go at the club?

DM has shown himself for what he is, a chocker. He has shown he cant be trusted and if i was aberdeen i woukd get rid asap. To think after this week he will have the brass neck to be in there dug out tonight. That on top of the fact we just beat them twice in a few days. We dodged one big time.

Well Aberdeen still have him but do they want him?

Lunchtime yesterday in the Sun

ABERDEEN fans’ group chief Scott Barclay has said Derek McInnes’ position is now UNTENABLE.

He told the BBC: “Derek’s a very clever man and he’s managed the media as best as he could but there is one man in this whole situation that could have killed the speculation and that is Derek McInnes.

“Fans are tearing each other apart over the whole thing and it’s not our making, or the club’s.

“He’s been backed to the hilt and given money to spend; considerably more than anyone in a long time.

“He was rewarded with a new contract after the Sunderland situation but here we go again.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sp...berdeen-derek-mcinnes-untenable-move-rangers/

Same sheepy throbber is on the BBC pages again this morning full of glee that he is staying.

They can keep him, he was never good enough for Rangers anyway.

Aberdeen supporters should "forgive and forget" Derek McInnes and get behind the manager after his link to Rangers, says a fans' group leader.

Scott Barclay, chairman of Dons' Supporters Together, was "absolutely shocked and stunned" when Aberdeen announced McInnes would remain as boss.

Earlier on Thursday he said McInnes' position was "untenable" ahead of Friday's Premiership game at Dundee.

"When I got the news I laughed, I couldn't believe it," Barclay said.

"But now we must get behind him. He is our guy, he has laid his marker down and we have to recover from what has been a rough last five games for us, starting on Friday.

"Aberdeen away fans are a raucous bunch and I think they will be 100% behind the team, no question. I think Derek will get a great reception.

"A lot of fans will think 'we have stuck it in the eye to Rangers' and that is a huge win for us. Some of us might stand back and think 'what is the back story here?'

"I want to accept the club statement, I am delighted to read it, it makes sense. Maybe to Derek, this was the biggest decision of his life that will impact his family forever.

"But I do think there is a bit more to it. That is the question that will linger in Aberdeen fans' minds."

Is it?

I think there's obvious errors but they're not insurmountable. A 3-year contract to another manager that the Board didn't fully believe in could have left us with more serious problems.

We move on.
The club is not in a good place.

Yes the directors are putting money in - but that money, much as it is needed and we are all grateful for, is simply keeping us 'ticking over'. How long are we prepared to just keep ticking over and just managing to keep the lights on etc. etc. ?? There need to be a stage when we go up a level. I don't have the solution as such but it is the board's duty to seek external investment through their contacts in the business world.

Julian Wolhardt is one such guy and i think it is imperative that we establish his intentions. Is he just involved for the sake of it or does he intend to provide proper investment ??

I didn't want McInnes from the start and made that absolutely clear - so I am glad we dodged this bullet.

But THE underlying issue in all of this is our weak financial position which means we are trawling round the cheap end of the market for unimpressive managers like McInnes. Until we have sufficient resources to properly fund a manager and financially attract the relevant quality of people then we we will continue in this vicious circle.......and all the while the mentally challengeds will continue to dominate. There will be a breaking point in this cycle. When and what the consequences are remain to be seen. But I am extremely concerned.

The club is not in a good place.

Yes the directors are putting money in - but that money, much as it is needed and we are all grateful for, is simply keeping us 'ticking over'. How long are we prepared to just keep ticking over and just managing to keep the lights on etc. etc. ?? There need to be a stage when we go up a level. I don't have the solution as such but it is the board's duty to seek external investment through their contacts in the business world.

Julian Wolhardt is one such guy and i think it is imperative that we establish his intentions. Is he just involved for the sake of it or does he intend to provide proper investment ??

I didn't want McInnes from the start and made that absolutely clear - so I am glad we dodged this bullet.

But THE underlying issue in all of this is our weak financial position which means we are trawling round the cheap end of the market for unimpressive managers like McInnes. Until we have sufficient resources to properly fund a manager and financially attract the relevant quality of people then we we will continue in this vicious circle.......and all the while the mentally challengeds will continue to dominate. There will be a breaking point in this cycle. When and what the consequences are remain to be seen. But I am extremely concerned.
King said they were a couple of years away from self sufficiency.

King said they were a couple of years away from self sufficiency.
He did mate. But we will just have to wait and see how that pans out. Never take anything or granted. Let's hope things turn out well but we should also keep an eye on this.

And 'self sufficiency' just means we will have sufficient cash to pay the bills and keep the lights on - our revenue paying for this and not having to rely on directors to plug the gaps. It doesn't necessarily mean that we will suddenly have buckets of cash for players, good quality manager and stadium improvements etc.

The key for a club like us, with low financial resources in a two team league, is to clinch a CL spot and try and get the cash injection which that provides. My concern is how are we ever going to get to that golden pot. Feels like we are a million miles away from it. In this day and age you have to speculate to accumulate. While we continue to get it wrong on the football side we will struggle to move forward.

I may be paining quite a miserable picture but I do have concerns on the future direction of the club in the absence of any proper external involvement.

McInnes not taking the job backs up my belief that he wouldn't have been capable or confident enough in his own abilities to take on Rodgers and Celtic.
That's not the man I'd be trusting with a job as big as ours.

He'll regret his decision, we'll move on and hopefully appoint someone with the character and stature required to be the Rangers manager.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if he's already regretting his choice.
If he's not already, then he certainly will in the coming days when the reality of his decision hits home.

I also wouldn't be surprised if moves on his part are made to rectify this decision – if they are, I'd home we tell him to absolutely ram it.

The whole thing is utterly bizarre.
In a normal world, no so-called Ranger ever knocks us back to stay at the sheep.

In fact, in a normal world, the sheep fan leaves to join the bigger club, Rangers, every time.
Think about that for a second.

It is not a case of people definitely saying he is a shitebag it’s a case of asking why some people don’t think it’s a possibility. You want others to think it’s all the boards fault which it may well be but why not consider other options as well.

For instance why do you think it’s his dream job? There’s been a lot of water under the bridge since he played for Rangers. For all you know since I doubt you know McInnes personally managing Man Utd could now be his dream job.
I think there is some chip on McInnes's shoulder regarding Rangers and it's all to do with the club he's at, I think this has been there for a few years, just something I have detected, for instance if he was Hearts manager he wouldn't have the same outlook.

Hard to know what to trust here.

McInnes not feeling wanted was obvious. Simply due to the fannying around for six weeks.

Also the board. All goodwill and trust is probably gone

Any Traynor led statement is just packed with lies spin and classlessness

The statement is an embarrassment.

It’s like asking a girl out, her knocking you back and you saying that you didn’t fancy the frigid bitch anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back