McInnes it is not - Staying with the sheep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that went well didn't it:(

Been in absolute shock about this and deserve every single bit of stick there is for my so called ITK posts.

Sorry if my posts mislead anyone was 100 percent sure it was happening and it didn't also didn't want folk thinking I had disappeared I was on a wee holiday.

Not sticking up for you but even the most passive of Rangers fans knew we wanted McInnes and went for him, how is anyone supposed to know that in the final stages he would back out of the deal for god only knows what reason.

Well that went well didn't it:(

Been in absolute shock about this and deserve every single bit of stick there is for my so called ITK posts.

Sorry if my posts mislead anyone was 100 percent sure it was happening and it didn't also didn't want folk thinking I had disappeared I was on a wee holiday.

You posted in good faith plenty had the same info towards the end that you had all along so
I am certainly not getting on your back for that.

What I am going to get into you for is your blind backing of Dirty Del.

Loads of us could see he didn’t have what it takes but thankfully it looks like we have dodged a massive bullet as the guy never had the mental strength and isn’t a good enough manager for us anyway.

Hopefully the board find a better candidate now but I won’t hold my breath.

He's done us a massive favour in not signing for the club.

We can now go and appoint a manager who's got the balls to manage this club and fight to get us back where we belong.

McInnes has shown himself to be a weak person.

He has a puff piece in the Herald today about how he will consider other job offers and the article is trying to say he didn’t take the job because we have no money also stuff about the way it would affect his family.

The thing that makes the full situation worse is he had 6 weeks to think about this if not more and pulled out 30 mins-1 hour before he was due to sign :(

Rather that one single reason, I reckon a multitude of things have swayed his decision. It looks to me as if something has a broke the camel's back at the last minute

Probably didn't feel wanted given we took about 6 weeks to make our move, the wages were relatively poor, not much of a transfer budget, the board having other ideas about his backroom team

I'm surprised he didn't take it, but it hardly makes him a shitebag or a "weak person" (FFS at the latter - this is football, not life or death). We are an utter basket case of a football club and I'd go as far as saying it's perhaps the most poisoned chalice in European football

Someone like McLaren you could understand the logic in being interested. A guy who has no reputation to lose so he can come here and if he fails, can piss off to Azerbaijan or wherever without any damage done. McInnes at least has a reputation to lose

He has a puff piece in the Herald today about how he will consider other job offers and the article is trying to say he didn’t take the job because we have no money also stuff about the way it would affect his family.

The thing that makes the full situation worse is he had 6 weeks to think about this if not more and pulled out 30 mins-1 hour before he was due to sign :(

Worried how it'll affect his family? Im sure Smith, Wallace etc kids handled dad being Rangers manager well. He would also be at home in Glasgow.

Maybe he didnt fancy the spotlight? Or being in Glasgow? The pressure? Maybe his kids are delicate wee souls? Truth is we dont know

I do know that every transfer window money has been made available to spend for permenent transfers, short term deals or loans.

Net spend in 2015 summer was over a million, Jan 2016 500k, summer 2016 £3million, Jan 2017 250k and summer 2017 over £6million

What was Aberdeen's net spend during the same period?

Money wont be the issue

Rather that one single reason, I reckon a multitude of things have swayed his decision. It looks to me as if something has a broke the camel's back at the last minute

Probably didn't feel wanted given we took about 6 weeks to make our move, the wages were relatively poor, not much of a transfer budget, the board having other ideas about his backroom team

I'm surprised he didn't take it, but it hardly makes him a shitebag or a "weak person" (FFS at the latter - this is football, not life or death). We are an utter basket case of a football club and I'd go as far as saying it's perhaps the most poisoned chalice in European football

Someone like McLaren you could understand the logic in being interested. A guy who has no reputation to lose so he can come here and if he fails, can piss off to Azerbaijan or wherever without any damage done. McInnes at least has a reputation to lose

Steve McLaren, as much as he is seen as a joke figure, has a better standing and has achieved more in the game than Derek McInnes ever will.

Worried how it'll affect his family? Im sure Smith, Wallace etc kids handled dad being Rangers manager well. He would also be at home in Glasgow.

Maybe he didnt fancy the spotlight? Or being in Glasgow? The pressure? Maybe his kids are delicate wee souls? Truth is we dont know

I do know that every transfer window money has been made available to spend for permenent transfers, short term deals or loans.

Net spend in 2015 summer was over a million, Jan 2016 500k, summer 2016 £3million, Jan 2017 250k and summer 2017 over £6million

What was Aberdeen's net spend during the same period?

Money wont be the issue

I agree with your full comment he’s totally shit the bed and his puppies on the press are loving it as it’s allowing them to get extra digs in .

I would hope he was aware of his own limitations and so for the good of Rangers stayed where he is in the hope we get a manager more suited to the role. Rather than he bottled it.
If he was aware of his limitations, he would have made it clear weeks ago he wasn't up to the job

So while we can debate the tone of Rangers statement , they were right in their assertion he is a shitebag ?

Can't believe so many on here wanted mcinnes as manager in the first place
He,s one of us,knows Scottish fitbaw,guaranteed vice winners blah blah blah.Oh and he will walk of over broken glass to come to Ibrox.

His bottled crashed,simple as that.One chance of a lifetime and he blew it.At least he knows we won't come calling again and he can rot forever in his pish stained bed.

i dont hold any animosity to DM over rejecting the job.. its his right. My main gripe is it took us 6 weeks to go for DM with nobody else seemingly in contention. The board have failed us not DM.

We will never know but the tone of our statement although it was poor tells us all the board were furious.

And rightly so if the deal was “done” but the statement didn’t help.

I will be honest I never fancied McInnes, but that doesn’t change the fact we were made to look incompetent by not getting our man, I think the main concern now is if McInnes was number 1 choice what’s plan B ?

I’d love to know McInnes exact reason for changing his mind but I guess we won’t know that for a long long time.

His bottled crashed,simple as that.One chance of a lifetime and he blew it.At least he knows we won't come calling again and he can rot forever in his pish stained bed.

I think it was his ego. He didnt want to be known as the manager who lost to the tims. So deep down has no faith in himself.

All this about not making him feel wanted and second choice is pish. Almost every job in the real world has someone they want and a reserve list. If the preferred candidate turns it down or their references dont pan out, they go to the next on the reserve list.

He will never get the chance again. His choice. We move on. Nothing lost, Murty is holding us steady.

i dont hold any animosity to DM over rejecting the job.. its his right. My main gripe is it took us 6 weeks to go for DM with nobody else seemingly in contention. The board have failed us not DM.

We will probably find out he wasn't first choice. I am thinking applications were weak and we approached under contract managers. I'm guessing O'Neil was one, maybe Gio too? Both probably gentelmen enough to politely say say no and keep it out the press

Don't believe his bottle crashed, believe pure and simple that we made a hash of appointing him by taking six weeks to approach (unless there is a very good reason why it took this long), he also in my opinion had reason to feel aggrieved for not being approached first time round. People don't bottle out of being Rangers manager ffs.

He had earned a shot at the job, and being a good age, ex player etc he should have been right at the top of the list.

Let's face it, it couldn't have been a good time for him (to have this hanging over him, without official word), when the time came he was right to criticize. To be honest warning bells should have been ringing when after last Sunday's match he publically criticized his potential future employers, that would hardly be getting off on the best foot if he had gone on to be appointed. I think he felt he didn't have backing/support, perhaps justifyingly so.

You posted in good faith plenty had the same info towards the end that you had all along so
I am certainly not getting on your back for that.

What I am going to get into you for is your blind backing of Dirty Del.

Loads of us could see he didn’t have what it takes but thankfully it looks like we have dodged a massive bullet as the guy never had the mental strength and isn’t a good enough manager for us anyway.

Hopefully the board find a better candidate now but I won’t hold my breath.

I thought he would have been great for us but obviously I thought he would have the balls to take the job.

It will work out for us imo but he has made a huge mistake and when the stories go about that our board have been terrible and handled things wrong how about a so called Rangers man leading us down the garden path then leaving us high and dry without even informing our board he let Aberdeen do that via a statement.

I dont think he was ever taking the job or coukd take it after the being in charge against ys for 2 games. The fact DM just walked back in and took aberdeen on friday tells ne we dodged a bullit. No loyety from this guy.

I thought he would have been great for us but obviously I thought he would have the balls to take the job.

It will work out for us imo but he has made a huge mistake and when the stories go about that our board have been terrible and handled things wrong how about a so called Rangers man leading us down the garden path then leaving us high and dry without even informing our board he let Aberdeen do that via a statement.

You would have missed a poster during your holiday trying to make out it was all down to the board moving the goalposts at the last minute which most of us know is a pile of shite.

Didn’t stop it becoming fact very quickly though until said poster was corrected and has now went missing as he appears to have been banned he was definitely a plant from the McInnes side.

We have also had the shite that Milne is paying him 1 Million a year out of his own pocket again
A load of nonsense as there average wage is 2500 a week .

Then it’s rife about Aberdeen that Mrs McInnes put her foot down as he’s on his last warning for being a naughty boy and she doesn’t want all his dirty secrets coming out in the papers a certainty with the added spotlight of being Rangers manager.

Now that it has all calmed down again I think it is obvious that it was a combination of Milne having photos of McInnes and his mistress and Allen telling him he would have to lose the beard that swung the decision

You would have missed a poster during your holiday trying to make out it was all down to the board moving the goalposts at the last minute which most of us know is a pile of shite.

Didn’t stop it becoming fact very quickly though until said poster was corrected and has now went missing as he appears to have been banned he was definitely a plant from the McInnes side.

We have also had the shite that Milne is paying him 1 Million a year out of his own pocket again

Then it’s rife about Aberdeen that Mrs McInnes put her foot down as he’s on his last warning for being a naughty boy and she doesn’t want all his dirty secrets coming out in the papers a certainty with the added spotlight of being Rangers manager.

Mental mate it's open season again.

I know they will never divulge what actually happened but the board should put something more in depth out .

McInnes won’t be sitting easy in Aberdeen anyway if he fails to get 3rd this season which his highly likely then his jacket is on a shaky peg.

Isn't it more plausible that he turned us down having weighed up an approach that came 6 weeks late. Why does it need to be more complicated?

Bullet dodged anyway, not half the manager he thinks he is. Said it in another post, paying for him would be ludicrous, he's the type I'd maybe accept if he was free to start but I'd much rather we spent his release money in other areas.

Isn't it more plausible that he turned us down having weighed up an approach that came 6 weeks late. Why does it need to be more complicated?

Bullet dodged anyway, not half the manager he thinks he is. Said it in another post, paying for him would be ludicrous, he's the type I'd maybe accept if he was free to start but I'd much rather we spent his release money in other areas.

It is mate he knew exactly what was on offer and we wanted him it was all agreed and he shit the bed at the last minute.

Your bottom paragraph is 100% spot on I wouldn’t have taken him for nothing.

We should be looking at someone like Karanka even if we give him the job till the end of the season see how it goes .

When a 'Rangers man' is approached to take over as Manager of HIS club then it shouldn't matter if it comes after 6 weeks, 6 days or 6 hours.

Jock Wallace was 3rd choice when he came from Motherwell. You think it bothered him? HIS club came calling and he answered the call.

Latest rumour doing the rounds is McInnes was told of 3 players coming in january whether he wanted them or not, ans wasnt keen on being told that. Might be true, probably isnt, but i suppose we will never know and stuff like this will always do the rounds. My own take is he shat it and ill stick with that

Latest rumour doing the rounds is McInnes was told of 3 players coming in january whether he wanted them or not, ans wasnt keen on being told that. Might be true, probably isnt, but i suppose we will never know and stuff like this will always do the rounds. My own take is he shat it and ill stick with that

Sick with your instincts. Everything indicates 'your take' is on the money.

King said specifically in his interview after the agm that players coming in in January depend on the manager and what he wants to do. The rumours about mcinnes not having final say are just made up

Ignore that rumour. He shat it and didn't even have the decency to let us know he shat it. We changed nothing at the last minute; the deal to be signed was the deal both parties had agreed.

He shat it.

Again.

When a 'Rangers man' is approached to take over as Manager of HIS club then it shouldn't matter if it comes after 6 weeks, 6 days or 6 hours.

Jock Wallace was 3rd choice when he came from Motherwell. You think it bothered him? HIS club came calling and he answered the call.

Is Mcainns definitely a Rangers man?

Having the home kit when your a kid and going to the odd match doesn't necessarily make you the " bleeds blue " " would crawl over broken glass " shíte that some of the posters have come away with on this thread

Having the home kit when your a kid and going to the odd match doesn't necessarily make you the " bleeds blue " " would crawl over broken glass " shíte that some of the posters have come away with on this thread

That is certainly a valid question given the events of the last week.

Ignore that rumour. He shat it and didn't even have the decency to let us know he shat it. We changed nothing at the last minute; the deal to be signed was the deal both parties had agreed.

He shat it.

Again.
If the above is true, and you are one of the few here who we trust, then it calls into question McInnes overall character in that he didn’t have the decency to let us know. That is weak, and shows that when under pressure he takes the easier option. Bullet dodged I’d say.

Eh he also played for us for 5 years and yes he is definitely a Rangers man that s not even in question.

As far as I'm concerned although our statement could have been worded better and might have been improved by that obligatory best wishes for the future comment
- there was nothing particularly wrong, disrespectful or confrontational in the content -
reading the excuse for the press we have here in Scotland- especially the daily retard group - you'd think it was a declaration of war -
We shouldn't react to this & treat it as yet another example of a pathetic attempt at journalism in institutions where they don't even understand the meaning of the word
They are Corrupt, dysfunctional and utterly biased to a man

All that shite came from the mcinnes fan boys on here , who spent weeks telling us how good he would be , how much of a Rangers man he is etc etc

Mcinnes turning us down wasn't in the script and instead of accepting what some of us had been saying that he wasn't good enough and didn't have the mentality to manage Rangers they instead made up shit to defend mcinnes .

Truly bizarre behaviour . They would rather make stuff up and blame Rangers and try to excuse the Aberdeens managers behaviour .

Strange

He shat it.

Again.
I`ll take your onion on this over anyone else on the forum and that`s good enough for me.

Many of us suspected this all along, especially when he himself admitted 'his chairman convinced him to stay'.

How many were approached before Advocaat took the job? I'm pretty sure he wasn't first choice

As far as I'm concerned we dodged a bullet - be grateful and get on with filling the post with someone much better & if that takes longer than we would like then so be it - we'll need to be patient longer -
All this press fuelled 'who said what and who bottled first, who may have been disrespectful to which set of fans' is a sideshow of no consequence whatsoever

Eh he also played for us for 5 years and yes he is definitely a Rangers man that s not even in question.

Depends how you define a Rangers man I suppose.

he backed out of a deal with Rangers and didn't have the decency to let our club know; prior to the sheep making political capital out if his decision - not the action of a Rangers man n my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back