McInnes it is not - Staying with the sheep

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's taken time, but I can confirm that cwoodloyal's info last night was correct. The blame here does not lie at all with DMcI. Our board have wrecked this whole deal.

And what did he say?

Going by what you've posted, I can categorically say that it's wrong – like pretty much everything he posts – because the blame here lies 100% with McInnes.

Our board have not wrecked this deal.
The deal was agreed.
McInnes shat it.

That is the facts.

"A lot of fans will think 'we have stuck it in the eye to Rangers' and that is a huge win for us. Some of us might stand back and think 'what is the back story here?'
It's literally all about us.

Kept their best manager in decades a bit longer and they only reason they want him is because of us.

The morons were acting like they wanted him gone just because they lost to us! They did the same thing last year after Warburton's win at Ibrox.

We are entitled to voice an opinion. Fed up with these folk blindly defending the amateurs that are running the club. Good intentions was fine for the first 12-18 months. It needs to be more now. Boo hoo if you’re offended.

So you are happy for others to commit acts of violence on our board but not prepared to do it yourself?

Right gotcha.

I am offended.

Hard to know what to trust here.

McInnes not feeling wanted was obvious. Simply due to the fannying around for six weeks.

Also the board. All goodwill and trust is probably gone

Any Traynor led statement is just packed with lies spin and classlessness

True what you say there but that statement has got King written all over it. Same tone and same childish patronising manner.

Least i am big enough to come on and admit it .

My source has been right plenty of times but I will be keeping things to myself in future.

It all came from our side so it’s quite apparent that they were convinced McInnes would take it as the financial demands had been met but he’s bottled it just as simple as that .
Don't be too hard on yourself mate. If you heard from good sources that have been right in the past thanks for sharing. I myself recognise that this is a forum and until an official announcement is made that posts even from posters in the know, can be derailed by unforeseen events. (Would seem in this case McInnes bottling it).

The thing with sources etc is that a lot of the time the information may well be correct (at the time) however anyone who works in business will tell you that things can change in a heartbeat. Even if all of the ducks are in a row and everything is good to go, it is not uncommon for one party to have a last minute change of heart.

Put simply, there was probably only about 4 people involved in this who were privy to the facts and even then not one would have had 100% of the info (McInnes, King, Robertson, Milne) and the situation would also have been changing on an hourly basis.

So don’t bash people who share info - be intelligent enough to understand that the info is only a snapshot of what was happening 24hrs previously and has already probably changed and will change again

McInnes not feeling wanted was obvious. Simply due to the fannying around for six weeks.

Derek Mcinnes is a man of no substance and clearly not much a Rangers man or one of us as his fans on here were suggesting over the last few weeks .

Look at Jock Wallace , clearly not the boards first choice as we had approached Alex Ferguson and Jim McLean before him , but he had no hesitation in answering our call and he did it with pride .

Well done in winning the most stupidest post of the day.
I think this is probably right. They will accept not winning every week, so within reason he will have a job up there for as long as he wants. We will not accept being second and IMO he would have been out on his arse within 18 months at Ibrox.

McInnes not taking the job backs up my belief that he wouldn't have been capable or confident enough in his own abilities to take on Rodgers and Celtic.
That's not the man I'd be trusting with a job as big as ours.

He'll regret his decision, we'll move on and hopefully appoint someone with the character and stature required to be the Rangers manager.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if he's already regretting his choice.
If he's not already, then he certainly will in the coming days when the reality of his decision hits home.

I also wouldn't be surprised if moves on his part are made to rectify this decision – if they are, I'd home we tell him to absolutely ram it.

The whole thing is utterly bizarre.
In a normal world, no so-called Ranger ever knocks us back to stay at the sheep.

In fact, in a normal world, the sheep fan leaves to join the bigger club, Rangers, every time.
Think about that for a second.

For me, last Sunday's pre / post match interviews highlighted D Mc's frailties.

I never wanted him near the Rangers job, hopefully the " bleeds blue - would crawl over broken glass " shite gets put to bed forever.

At the very least he is gutless.

To me it looks like he this more of Mutton fc than he does about Rangers.

It's time to put this story to bed now, McInnes isn't coming. He has made his decision and he will have to live with it. Once the dust settles, I genuinely believe he will live to regret this. He has settled for the safe option and obviously doesn't believe he was up to managing a club of our size and stature. We should be thankful to him for recognising his limitations and saving us a lot of grief.

For me, last Sunday's pre / post match interviews highlighted D Mc's frailties.

I never wanted him near the Rangers job, hopefully the " bleeds blue - would crawl over broken glass " shite gets put to bed forever.

At the very least he is gutless.

To me it looks like he this more of Mutton fc than he does about Rangers.

Sadly it hasn’t and for the foreseeable future it won’t, too many allowing their bruised egos and hard ons for McInnes to colour their thinking on this.

No matter how many times they are told that McInnes had a change of heart and chose not to take the job. They manufacture another phoney narrative disparaging of the board and in mitigation of McInnes.

For what it’s worth and I am not in the know, I suspect McInnes was never the majority first choice and Kings lazy, contrary choice. I suspect that there was more than likely a first choice candidate who they had protracted discussions with who was ultimately seduced by one of the EPL jobs which became vacant in the early weeks of the process.

I think Kings early leaking of his preference for McInnes was the spark from which the media and itk’s built their false narrative. I also suspect it caused friction with the rest of the board and especially the DOF.

I think given Kings preference for a lazy hire such as DM was starting to be accepted by others on the board, especially when Murty had lost to Hamilton and Dundee. I further suspect that they fully expected a highly motivated sheep team to murder Murty’s charges making McInnes a more palatable choice.

That was as we know blown out of the water and the major doubts regarding McInnes resurfaced amongst the board. I suspect McInnes was aware of the split at board level, plus the support was very publicly split in regard to him being the right man for the job.

Of course it could have been handled better, but sometimes events overtake planning and thankfully us gubbing the sheep home and away scuppered Kings plant to institute McInnes as manager despite the fact that he was nowhere near a fit to our DOF’s job spec related to the strategic vision of the club.

I think King was guilty of trying to panic buy a manager for Christmas to appease the restless villagers threatening to storm the Ibrox gates with pitchforks etc.

Hard to know what to trust here.

Also the board. All goodwill and trust is probably gone

Any Traynor led statement is just packed with lies spin and classlessness

Hard to know who I’m more disappointed with. DM for turning down the opportunity of a lifetime or the board for making a royal lady's front bottom of the whole situation.

Sadly it hasn’t and for the foreseeable future it won’t, too many allowing their bruised egos and hard ons for McInnes to colour their thinking on this.

No matter how many times they are told that McInnes had a change of heart and chose not to take the job. They manufacture another phoney narrative disparaging of the board and in mitigation of McInnes.

For what it’s worth and I am not in the know, I suspect McInnes was never the majority first choice and Kings lazy, contrary choice. I suspect that there was more than likely a first choice candidate who they had protracted discussions with who was ultimately seduced by one of the EPL jobs which became vacant in the early weeks of the process.

I think Kings early leaking of his preference for McInnes was the spark from which the media and itk’s built their false narrative. I also suspect it caused friction with the rest of the board and especially the DOF.

I think given Kings preference for a lazy hire such as DM was starting to be accepted by others on the board, especially when Murty had lost to Hamilton and Dundee. I further suspect that they fully expected a highly motivated sheep team to murder Murty’s charges making McInnes a more palatable choice.

That was as we know blown out of the water and the major doubts regarding McInnes resurfaced amongst the board. I suspect McInnes was aware of the split at board level, plus the support was very publicly split in regard to him being the right man for the job.

Of course it could have been handled better, but sometimes events overtake planning and thankfully us gubbing the sheep home and away scuppered Kings plant to institute McInnes as manager despite the fact that he was nowhere near a fit to our DOF’s job spec related to the strategic vision of the club.

I think King was guilty of trying to panic buy a manager for Christmas to appease the restless villagers threatening to storm the Ibrox gates with pitchforks etc.

I agree with most of your post apart from the paragraph at the bottom.

They don’t care about appeasing the fans or they would have had a proper list and be moving on to the next person as we speak, instead they are standing about at the end of the night and even the fat burd has been taken .

Waiting another 3-4 weeks going Into a transfer window with no manager and all the available decent bosmans that are going to be about for next season is a serious dereliction of duty and will cost the board far more in the long run.

And what did he say?

Going by what you've posted, I can categorically say that it's wrong – like pretty much everything he posts – because the blame here lies 100% with McInnes.

Our board have not wrecked this deal.
The deal was agreed.
McInnes shat it.

That is the facts.

Too many won’t believe this and are intent on blaming the board.

Nearly 3 months is far from acceptable to get a manager but McInnes backing out at the 11th hour because he’s a shite bag is hardly the boards fault.

If McInnes really really wanted to be at Rangers, then he would be.
He would not just have walked away and thrown in the towel.

He chose to stay at Aberdeen. His. Choice, no one else's.
And as for his mate Docherty, well you can be judged on the Company you keep.

Clearly the deal was agreed with Derek
He either realised he never had the bottle or he would need to return to the family home and stop pumping wee coo

Even if the goalposts had changed as to what his powers would be. Surely McInnes would have been smart enough to allow his Media pals to know that his hands are tied when in the job. The board would then have had no choice but to give him the control he desired especially if he was doing well.

His own self belief let him down. Some ITK (I know I know) have said he didn't think he could compete with the Tims with what was on offer. Thats a damning indictment of the man himself not anyone else. Everyone knows we can't compete financially with the Tims for the foreseeable.

McInnes bottled the biggest chance he will ever get, he's not someone I want to challenge them.

I agree with most of your post apart from the paragraph at the bottom.

They don’t care about appeasing the fans or they would have had a proper list and be moving on to the next person as we speak, instead they are standing about at the end of the night and even the fat burd has been taken .

Waiting another 3-4 weeks going Into a transfer window with no manager and all the available decent bosmans that are going to be about for next season is a serious dereliction of duty and will cost the board far more in the long run.

I don’t think King was altruistic in his trying to appease the support with McInnes, I think he was doing it to shut them up. McInnes was never the right man for the job and I suspect deep down even King knew that...Hence the halfhearted approach which clearly left McInnes underwhelmed to the extent he backtracked.

I don’t think King was altruistic in his trying to appease the support with McInnes, I think he was doing it to shut them up. McInnes was never the right man for the job and I suspect deep down even King knew that...Hence the halfhearted approach which clearly left McInnes underwhelmed to the extent he backtracked.

The board have an even bigger issue today failure to win today or Wednesday will but them under massive pressure as the support are at breaking point especially with the smeer campaign coming from all angles.

Even if the goalposts had changed as to what his powers would be. Surely McInnes would have been smart enough to allow his Media pals to know that his hands are tied when in the job. The board would then have had no choice but to give him the control he desired especially if he was doing well.

His own self belief let him down. Some ITK (I know I know) have said he didn't think he could compete with the Tims with what was on offer. Thats a damning indictment of the man himself not anyone else. Everyone knows we can't compete financially with the Tims for the foreseeable.

McInnes bottled the biggest chance he will ever get, he's not someone I want to challenge them.

Given how comprehensively his supposed second best team in Scotland was defeated on a 5-1 aggregate over two games. if he had anything like the ability his cheerleaders were eulogising one would have thought that with better players, facilities and a decent transfer window he’d have fancied his chances of laying more of a glove on Brenda.

Clearly the deal was agreed with Derek
He either realised he never had the bottle or he would need to return to the family home and stop pumping wee coo

Am I missing something? "Clearly the deal was agreed"? I thought to agree a deal you had to actually discuss terms. You are talking nonsense there I'm afraid.

So as your obviously IKT what were the terms???

2vlwrpt.jpg

I would hope he was aware of his own limitations and so for the good of Rangers stayed where he is in the hope we get a manager more suited to the role. Rather than he bottled it.

I will be surprised at any manager who has some standing in the game being told who will be bought by a DOF.

Managers are old school. They want full control of the playing side of things.

I will be surprised at any manager who has some standing in the game being told who will be bought by a DOF.

Managers are old school. They want full control of the playing side of things.

FFS - not this again. That is NOT how it works. At Rangers or anywhere else that I'm aware of. Guardiola? Conte? Klopp? They all work with a DoF under some guise or other. You think they're being told who will be bought? Or are you arguing none of them have any standing in the game?

Well that went well didn't it:(

Been in absolute shock about this and deserve every single bit of stick there is for my so called ITK posts.

Sorry if my posts mislead anyone was 100 percent sure it was happening and it didn't also didn't want folk thinking I had disappeared I was on a wee holiday.

Well that went well didn't it:(

Been in absolute shock about this and deserve every single bit of stick there is for my so called ITK posts.

Sorry if my posts mislead anyone was 100 percent sure it was happening and it didn't also didn't want folk thinking I had disappeared I was on a wee holiday.
Any idea reasons it fell through?

Even if I did mate would there be any point in posting nobody cares or would believe it anyway.
Don't be silly bud, I think its clear to everyone that hes done a complete 180 at the 11th hour. It's gone from done deal to no deal in the space of an hour, much to everyone's surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back