Sunday’s game: which is likely?

What happens?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s just over 400 cases in the UK with over 60 million population ffs there too much scaremongering going on. The game should and will go ahead.
You obviously have never studied epidemiology or university level mathematics. See the WHO Secretary General’s words today where he chastises developed countries for not doing enough quickly enough which has led to a THIRTEEN FOLD increase in cases, basically since it got out of China.

We are now in the area where unless it is shut down quickly, probably in the next couple of weeks maximum, the increase in cases curve will be exponential. Imagine how many people one person having the virus could cross-infect in day (dozens, perhaps hundreds) and you get an idea of what could happen.

Angela Merkel said today that 70% of the German population could catch it. Last time I looked the population of Germany was about 80 million. 3.5% mortality, as reported by WHO, is 2.8 million people.

If this comes to pass football stadia won’t be getting used to play games, they will be being used to store the bodies of the victims. And if you think this is fanciful contact your local emergency planning officers and ask them.

Now please go and do some research, listen to what WHO and the like of Angela Merkel have to say and stop posting this ‘there’s nothing to be concerned about’ nonsense.

The government decision getting made tomorrow will see it either behind closed doors or off altogether. Surprised anyone is still thinking otherwise.

Not sure why we are delaying the inevitable and allowing further time for it to spread before taking measures like elsewhere, We can clearly see what’s coming.

I think a decision will be made before thousands of fans start travelling all over the country. Closed doors maybe a way to appease the broadcasters.

You obviously have never studied epidemiology or university level mathematics. See the WHO Secretary General’s words today where he chastises developed countries for not doing enough quickly enough which has led to a THIRTEEN FOLD increase in cases, basically since it got out of China.

We are now in the area where unless it is shut down quickly, probably in the next couple of weeks maximum, the increase in cases curve will be exponential. Imagine how many people one person having the virus could cross-infect in day (dozens, perhaps hundreds) and you get an idea of what could happen.

Angela Merkel said today that 70% of the German population could catch it. Last time I looked the population of Germany was about 80 million. 3.5% mortality, as reported by WHO, is 2.8 million people.

If this comes to pass football stadia won’t be getting used to play games, they will be being used to store the bodies of the victims. And if you think this is fanciful contact your local emergency planning officers and ask them.

Now please go and do some research, listen to what WHO and the like of Angela Merkel have to say and stop posting this ‘there’s nothing to be concerned about’ nonsense.

What condescending nonsense.

It should be postponed, 100%.

There is no way football will carry on, even behind closed doors. One player in the SPL with the virus closes the whole league.

One game will make no difference to a football season which is going to close anyway, but it could result in a faster spread of the virus. Why take the chance?

If the Gov move to a delay phase in the morning then the game would either be played behind closed doors or postponed.

IMO there is no way PS will let it be played behind closed doors as its either an extra 50K Bears hitting the bars from early doors or going and standing outside Ibrox.

It is either played with fans or its of...............

Behind closed doors. After all, they've been moaning about ticket allocation...

The League will want this played and will pray for a yahoo win to make it easier to award the title.

I'd expect it to be postponed. If it is played behind closed doors then all that will happen is that people will be in the boozers watching it which defeats the purpose.

Postponed and all league and European football binned by the weekend. Shits getting real now. Travel bans coming, no non US nationals allowed to enter the US from Europe soon and I reckon restrictions and cancellations within Europe. Sporting events concerts etc are all going to get hammered.

I think business as usual then closed doors for the rest of the season unless a top flight player is found to have it.

Voted Postponed, can’t see Strathclyde’s ‘finest’ agreeing to go ahead BCD when the crowds that appeared at PSV BVB game. Same thing would happen here.

This is their chance to all but end the season so it won’t be getting cancelled at any cost. Likewise Sky will not want to be broadcasting an empty stadium.

Looking from the outside, the situation in the UK and Europe in general seems to be escalating rapidly. When hundreds (perhaps thousands) of people travel from outside Scotland for an OF game, this fixture couldn't have come at a worse time. To be allowing 2 full house games in 4 days seems madness when lots of countries are banning any event which will have more than 1,000 in attendance.

I'm not particularly religious but, if the games do go ahead, my thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Except that’s not quite true, is it?

Isn't it? Look at Iran, they have politicians dying and their health service is overrun.

Italy, the second best health service in the world isn't coping, Spain is struggling, China had to put millions in lockdown.

I think its safe to say this is a pretty serious situation.

It should be postponed but I have my doubts it will.

It’s pointless playing it then cancelling from monday

Play it with no away fans = nobody gets infected. Sorted.
What If a player has it though. Then he could spread it to the other teams players, coaches and stadium stuff that could be a good 30/40 people its passed on to.

Women interviewed on sky news there saying she doesn't think large gatherings will be banned just yet in announcement today.

If it was behind closed doors I could see thousands of Rangers fans outside and TGFFITW wouldn’t want to miss out. A riot waiting to happen.

I think that it will be postponed. Especially if we are going into delay phase

Logic would say from Monday onwards, if at all. It’s way off reaching its peak in this country.

UK Government will prob initiate the delay phase from next week, so %^*& knows.

The mortality rate is likely well under 3.5%. Its around about 1% or less. Its serious but let's not exaggerate.

Not a chance any football will go ahead in the uk with fans now and theres a good chance all football will be cancelled this season as well so it limits the movement of all people

I personally think (hope) it'll go ahead. Read on bbc news that although we are due to go to delay phase, sports may not be affected straight away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back