Sunday’s game: which is likely?

What happens?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Field based myself and a lot of the sites I visit are either restricting visitors or making you apply for permission to come on site.
Although I'm lucky enough to have a few quid in the rainy day fund I understand others will get it tough if we go into lockdown
It's looking that way mate, my savings are going to be dented, but as long as the bills are paid.

Up until this morning I thought there was no chance of it being behind closed doors. Now I'm not so sure.

Field based myself and a lot of the sites I visit are either restricting visitors or making you apply for permission to come on site.
Although I'm lucky enough to have a few quid in the rainy day fund I understand others will get it tough if we go into lockdown

Correct, we have been told to turn away reps etc

I'd imagine the Tims are putting out a few mealy mouthed statements, whilst their place men in the media go nuts about "public health"?

Already too many rumours going about from folk saying it’s cancelled or it’s behind closed doors.

All it is until official

If the official goby advice is bcd, then so be it

However the knock effect is what will have the most impact. The loss of earnings for small businesses will be catastrophic.

Behind closed doors I reckon....apparently today or tomorrow UK government will ban big crowds at gigs and sporting events etc.

I reckon the season is over.

Fingers crossed we dont lose any players to the virus.

How football clubs tick over without gate receipt revenue will be a worry.

On a positive note, some newspapers may go bust if there's a prolonged lockdown.

They will always be a need for newspapers because of the bogroll hoarding.

behind closed doors is my opinion
ludicrous to have this game on with a crowd in the current situation

It's not the mortality rate which is the main issue, it's the hospitalisation and breathing support rates. This turns into viral pneumonia at a high enough rate that given it's virulence it can easily overwhelm medical response which in turn bumps up the fatality rate (Italy is pretty much a case in point)
Yeah - fair point. Still feels like the risk profile hasnt changed- we have to do everything we can to keep the elderly and infirm away from it

I expect game to go ahead. Think it will be Monday before government put a stop on large gatherings etc. Cobra meeting lunchtime today,do guess we will find out for definate later today.

behind closed doors is my opinion
ludicrous to have this game on with a crowd in the current situation

Not a chance this game gets played behind closed doors, IMO. It will either go ahead as normal or will be postponed.

So instead of being in an open air stadium we all go and cram into tiny boozers.

if any players or staff have it the game will be definitely off.

Playing it behind closed doors is pointless. People are still going to congregate in large groups to watch this.

Either postpone it or play it as normal.

Even in a situation as unprecedented as this, you still get people on threads like this giving it no chance this will happen and no chance that won't happen. Laughable.

In my opinion if there is no fans then it must be postponed. For those asking until when, I have no answer. It took one of the NBA superstars to say that that he would refuse to play with no fans and the league has stopped all play. Would any of us be happy to have this played BCD then a post split game away with all their fans allowed to attend? Closed door games are a form of punishment....end of.

Someone posted elsewhere that Bundesliga are close to cancelling season, no winner....as they cannot see time to finish league or reschedule it.

I'll now be surprised if Sunday goes ahead with supporters.

The way football scheduling is and the number of parties with stakes in it, I could well see everything this season being cancelled and starting next season (so long as the virus is in decline) afresh.

The % of people voting for the third option was 4% when I went to bed...

We need to postpone and take a break.

The risk of one player - as in Serie A/NBA and others yet to come - causing further disruption means closed doors games is also a short term risk with a long term consequence.

I understand UEFA’s tricky position but the CL/EL is already creaking under the pressure and if they are planning on completing those competitions and ensuring all major leagues can rest and then resume, you do have to concede that Euro 2020’s present position in the calendar is moving towards unrealistic.

Tonight’s game is daft enough - playing on Sunday seems reckless in the extreme.

I doubt it could be played behind closed doors. People would congregate outside the stadium like happened at PSG
The police would never sanction it

Playing it behind closed doors is pointless. People are still going to congregate in large groups to watch this.

Either postpone it or play it as normal.
large groups of more than a thousand, how many pubs hold a thousand people, what are you calling large groups

Might be a rumour but apparently boys with hospitality for sunday have been told its closed doors? Anyone heard anything?

We play and get beat then it makes it easier to award the league to the poets. With that in mind we should be pushing for it to be postponed. Make it as difficult as possible for the mentally challengeds/SFA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back