Sunday’s game: which is likely?

What happens?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally think (hope) it'll go ahead. Read on bbc news that although we are due to go to delay phase, sports may not be affected straight away.
They’ll can it after the weekend to go BCD. Folk Uk wide will have made plans to go see their team this weekend, so can see the logic in it being implemented from Monday. Government reports stated delay phase would likely be live from Monday anyway

Cobra meeting today, this is picking up pace and fast
I think the government will announce all gathering are not to go ahead.
Can’t see Sunday going ahead, behind closed doors would cause a riot.

Or with logic, just play the game with crowd and then crowds banned from start of next week .

If delay phase is entered doesn't it ban mass gatherings?

Can see it being announced today to shut down the weekend games.

I just got into work and been told they are shutting us down for 2weeks.

It’s not to stop the spread it’s to slow it down to give the nhs a chance to cope

2 weeks with no money I’m a contractor

This will be on. The SPFL will be cheering on them more than usual so they can just award them it after.

no further fixtures

I really don’t see the point of tonight’s game going ahead... As things stand all football is likely to be cancelled within the next 3 to 4 days.. What’s the point in playing a first leg tie for the second tie never to get played..It puts the risks of more folk catching it higher.

Why play behind closed doors when refs are so fikim bigoted they no longer care about how they screw us. I know this thread is about a virus their has been one doing the rounds here for years.

I hope it goes ahead. I just read that large gatherings aren't being banned just yet but we'll see.

Isn't it? Look at Iran, they have politicians dying and their health service is overrun.

Italy, the second best health service in the world isn't coping, Spain is struggling, China had to put millions in lockdown.

I think its safe to say this is a pretty serious situation.

Not one government has fallen.

Covid-19 is serious and will cause some disruption over the coming months, but let’s not get carried away.

I have a feeling some are enjoying the hysteria.

I just got into work and been told they are shutting us down for 2weeks.

It’s not to stop the spread it’s to slow it down to give the nhs a chance to cope

2 weeks with no money I’m a contractor
Same as that mate I'm a self employed spark.

Having listened to Sturgeon on ITV this morning I'd be amazed if it goes on as normal, suggestion being that it was the strain on the police and medical services, required to manage a large crowd that would scupper it.

Would only be postponed if Celtic has injury issues, the same way they shamelessly exploited Phil O’Donnell’s death.

The mortality rate is likely well under 3.5%. Its around about 1% or less. Its serious but let's not exaggerate.

It's not the mortality rate which is the main issue, it's the hospitalisation and breathing support rates. This turns into viral pneumonia at a high enough rate that given it's virulence it can easily overwhelm medical response which in turn bumps up the fatality rate (Italy is pretty much a case in point)

Would ne a riot of absolute half wits, that's the only people that would still turn up.

The game is 100% behind closed doors. It’s going to be announced later today

Anyone that thinks Rangers - Celtic behind closed doors will ever be allowed to happen is nuts.

Folk roaming outside under zero control

22% of the vote :))

Postponed or behind closed doors. If the Government move to the delay phase today I can't see how a crowd will be permitted at Ibrox.

Are folk just voting business as usual because they want it to go ahead?

Everything points to this either being closed doors or off all together.

If it is played then behind closed doors... And I would say that is a government made decision!

Will be weird watching us playing a competitive game in an empty Ibrox :(

not a hope in hell Police Scotland will let it be played behind closed doors, its either on or off and looking more likely off.

not a hope in hell Police Scotland will let it be played behind closed doors, its either on or off and looking more likely off.

Surely you need to be half daft to be roaming about outside.

1. It's behind closed doors for your own safety
2. Why would you wander about outside when you could sit in the house with a few beers and watch it live on TV
3. The only ones outside will probably be equal numbers on each side spoiling for trouble so why get involved,

If it's BCD, crowds will still gather outside and there could be trouble. Easier to contain if everyone is seated inside.

As soap is the preventive recommendation - we'll be alright - but they won't!

Of course, if they have any injuries or suspensions, it'll be postponed until we have fixture clog.

Same as that mate I'm a self employed spark.

Field based myself and a lot of the sites I visit are either restricting visitors or making you apply for permission to come on site.
Although I'm lucky enough to have a few quid in the rainy day fund I understand others will get it tough if we go into lockdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back