Aberdeen face losing up to £5M and are "fighting for their future" as Coronavirus crisis deepens

Like iv said in other threads, i cant take any joy from this till i know we’ll be ok. Once i know we will get through this fine, then il laugh at all these cvnts folding.

I assume by TV money you are referring to the Europa League money. Not sure if this is dished out per round or is paid out once the competition is completed? Is there a danger of this not being paid, or a certain percentage of it, because it might not be completed?

On the contrary, I think you are naive to think we will ride this out without any problems. I don't think it's wise to laugh up our cuff at other teams.

Any business model relies on future income streams. We have no certainty with any at the minute and like businesses throughout the country, wages and bills will need to be paid in the short term.

I agree, but as per what I mentioned, I don’t see how it will majorly impact us as most of our cash is already provided via season tickets? Or are you worried about next season not happening?

I agree, but as per what I mentioned, I don’t see how it will majorly impact us as most of our cash is already provided via season tickets? Or are you worried about next season not happening?
Season tickets aren't on sale and last season's ST money was spent a long time ago.

Season tickets will have been collected by end of August 2019 (last instalment) and will have been budgeted for, and spent by now I would have thought. This is our main source of income and Europe is a bonus.

League payouts are shite and we make next to nothing from merchandise sale at the minute. Matchday revenue, and hospitality helps slightly.

The full house for Leverkusen was a timely earner for what lies ahead.

Season tickets will have been collected by end of August 2019 (last instalment) and will have been budgeted for, and spent by now I would have thought. This is our main source of income and Europe is a bonus.

League payouts are shite and we make next to nothing from merchandise sale at the minute. Matchday revenue, and hospitality helps slightly.

The full house for Leverkusen was a timely earner for what lies ahead.

Yip, that makes perfect sense, so surely the club would have budgeted for little income for the rest of the year? Which is looking highlylikely. But it’s only an issue if next season’s income is at risk.

I am astonished at the ignorance on here regarding the current crisis for all clubs. For the clubs that manage to survive they will be severley weakened at best, and I wouldn't like to put a time limit on when we are back to the position we were all in before this happened. The gloating is crazy.

Yip, that makes perfect sense, so surely the club would have budgeted for little income for the rest of the year? Which is looking highlylikely. But it’s only an issue if next season’s income is at risk.

It is. The feeling among folk i've spoken to at clubs is August/September at the very earliest. I've also had it suggested that there a risk there will be no football in 2020 whatsoever.

Im not sure. Do you know? Nope.

So it’s probably not worth speculating about without any actual information.
I don't know definitively but having spoken to a few clubs, they don't think we're back until August/September at the earliest. There's absolutely nothing which suggests next season will kick off 'on time'.

I think every club including ourselves will have difficulty in balancing things out the next few months or so . Having said that I can’t think of many teams I’ll have any sympathy for . I think our european income will see us through no problem .

Too bad, how sad or the other way around .Sheep fans are used to that.

BTW, have they opened up the mental homes and pineapples as there would appear to be a super abundance of lunatic sellik fans on here.

I have absolutely no sympathy for teams like Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts and Kilmarnock, who were happy to have empty stands when we played at their grounds.

Quote- There's an east wind coming all the same, such a wind as never blew on Scotland yet. It will be cold and bitter, Stevie and a good many of us may wither before its blast. But it's God's own wind none the less and a cleaner, better stronger land will lie in the sunshine when the storm has cleared.”

There’s only 6 teams in the whole Scottish system who’s insurance coverage includes ‘infectious diseases’

Wonder who the lucky ones are? Hopefully we are one of them

I think some of our fans are just too forgiving. What we saw on the last day of the 2018 season was basically match fixing between them and Celtic to deprive Rangers of 2nd place.

One win in fifteen games against them and that win just happened affect Rangers directly (wow what a coincidence)

Haven’t Dundee Hibs been spending big to get promotion? Surely the Tannadice Tesco is more likely than ever now. Can’t wait to scan my shopping on the exact spot where Laudrup clinched 9IAR

oh dear, how sad

Haven’t Dundee Hibs been spending big to get promotion? Surely the Tannadice Tesco is more likely than ever now. Can’t wait to scan my shopping on the exact spot where Laudrup clinched 9IAR
Now that right there is one fantastic thought. Please let this happen.

One small bit I picked out of this is that teams are going to be desperate for season ticket money, that may help push to void current season and just start with a new one

Understand our Club will go through losses, that doesn't not make me want these scum bastards to rot in hell. Do folk not understand the concept that it's acceptable to realise we are in the same boat, we just hope a few c*nts walk the plank with the hope that we can sell season tickets and muster some investment. The 2 things are entirely exclusive ffs. Also, if you don't wish Aberdeen a horrible death, does that mean Rangers get money o_Oo_Oo_O

I just hope our board can cover our losses. I know we have no debt but were still paying wages with no match day income apart from what we got for season tickets.

I also hope Aberdeen go to the wall.

Back