Rangers on FM 2020

Bogle is really good at what he does, he's not really a superstar just very dependable

Barisic, Kent, Katic (team captain), Woodman, Unuvar, Harrison, Barry are my superstars
Jack Harrison? Got him on a free a couple season in on 19 and he did ok. Only took him in to sell him tho as he was worth a fair bit but a free transfer lol.

Just got an ingame message, ‘In a display of incredible generosity, the Rangers board have decided to award you a sum in the region of £500M to spend on players and a new stadium’

then an ‘accept’ button at the bottom.

*clicks accept

‘Sadly this proves to be an April fools wind up from Sports Interactive’

Hook, line and sinker, they got me lol
About to turn mine on to see this lol.

haha it’s a gutter mate, thought I was in the money lol.

I only think it happens if your on 1st of April in game on the 1st of April irl
Aye just turned mine on and no msg for me, im still in August of first season atm. Kinda glad as it must have been devastating lol.

Sold Barisic at the end of my 3rd season to PSG for £29m - big mistake. I’ve struggled to find a good enough replacement. Hickey is doing ok but missing Borna.

Just into June after the first season, zero money so far and the mentally challengeds are away spending 15 million on players! Are people punting players to fund a budget?

Just started a network game with a mate, I'm Brentford & he's West From.

Some of Brentford's U23 players are brilliant. Got a lot of leagues loaded but still some players I signed for Rangers not available. If anyones got any gems to recommend me batter away.

Just into June after the first season, zero money so far and the mentally challengeds are away spending 15 million on players! Are people punting players to fund a budget?
Its the only way mate. Im reluctant to sell any star players this season but gotten rid of a few fringe players. Can sell some players for £20m plus but im hoping to get more at end of season if i have a decent season.

Anyone got any recommendations for cm? Looks like Strasbourg are about to make a bid for Arfield which id be happy to let go but iv been re training him as a dlp in cm to act as cover and id like a youngerish kinda player to come in instead if he leaves.

Anyone got any recommendations for cm? Looks like Strasbourg are about to make a bid for Arfield which id be happy to let go but iv been re training him as a dlp in cm to act as cover and id like a youngerish kinda player to come in instead if he leaves.

Gianluca Busio, he starts at Sporting Kansas City. Alternatively, Alex Blesa.

Bought Busio for £6m and sold him for 20m a season or so after. Blesa cost me £8m and he's now truly sensational.

Gianluca Busio, he starts at Sporting Kansas City. Alternatively, Alex Blesa.

Bought Busio for £6m and sold him for 20m a season or so after. Blesa cost me £8m and he's now truly sensational.
Aye i was thinking about Blesa but he has a £4.8m release clause. Dont suppose il get him cheaper but if i get £6m plus for Arfield i think thats who il go for. Hes still 17 so can get him homegrown in a few years.

Carles Alena

Aye i was thinking about Blesa but he has a £4.8m release clause. Dont suppose il get him cheaper but if i get £6m plus for Arfield i think thats who il go for. Hes still 17 so can get him homegrown in a few years.

Worth every penny, he's 22/23 now and is about 4* CA and 4.5* PA.

most likely a loan deal but the boy sergio gomez from BVB is a smashing player to get yer hands on i had him for rangers for a season and he won all the award except TGS

Cochrane, McCrorrie and Docherty are turning into really good players in my game.

Rather than selling players for silly money I’m rejecting the offers and keeping the squad as is....

I qualified from a group including Ajax, PSG & Roma.

I’ll try and post my transfers & squad later. On another note the Tims have spent about £90mil on players - Yet are still pish!

Cochrane, McCrorrie and Docherty are turning into really good players in my game.

Rather than selling players for silly money I’m rejecting the offers and keeping the squad as is....

I qualified from a group including Ajax, PSG & Roma.

I’ll try and post my transfers & squad later. On another note the Tims have spent about £90mil on players - Yet are still pish!
Its mental how much money they spend on this game!

Cant fucking believe it. Sold Arfield for £6m so met Blesas release clause ans hes just signed a new deal with Levante on the last day leaving me to find a CM in the next 2 hours :eek:

Cant fucking believe it. Sold Arfield for £6m so met Blesas release clause ans hes just signed a new deal with Levante on the last day leaving me to find a CM in the next 2 hours :eek:

Brutal man ... keep an eye on him you’ll get him eventually. If you’ve still got Stephen Kelly he turns out pretty good.

Had a bit of an injury crisis and was forced to use youngsters, they're exceptional. Cole McKinnon, Lowly, Mebude and Young-Coombes all doing the business.

Had a bit of an injury crisis and was forced to use youngsters, they're exceptional. Cole McKinnon, Lowly, Mebude and Young-Coombes all doing the business.

It’ll pay off eventually. McKinnon didn’t develop for me as expected, Lowry coming along nicely. Mebude is in & around the squad but he’s on Loan in serie A getting games. NYC went to Bournemouth for 25m having never played a game for me.

It’ll pay off eventually. McKinnon didn’t develop for me as expected, Lowry coming along nicely. Mebude is in & around the squad but he’s on Loan in serie A getting games. NYC went to Bournemouth for 25m having never played a game for me.

Man City want Mckinnon and he wants to go. They offered £4m which could rise to 10 with a percentage of the next sale. Just let him go?

Man City want Mckinnon and he wants to go. They offered £4m which could rise to 10 with a percentage of the next sale. Just let him go?

Get him sold for that. Kelly is better. Keep a hold of McPake, NYC & KRH though.

In 22/23 season cruising in the league now, furthest I got in champions league was semi finals last year, in the summer there sold andrija Balic who I signed in summer of 20/21 for free. Sold him for 37.5 million to PSG as well as Kamara for 18 million to RB Salzburg and Ryan jack to Newcastle for 10 million, previous season I sold aribo to West Ham for 35 million. Morelos still banging them in up front, got luis Suarez as back up to him from Watford. The mccrorie brothers are captain and vice captain. Finding a good right back quite hard to find, finally got a guy called amian from France who is playing well.

Youngster wise, Stephen kelly has turned into a good squad player, with NYC and Ritchie hosler probably making the step up next season. Josh mcpake also around the squad as well. Sold barisic as well, had hickey for a few seasons now so he will step in but also signed a left back from Milan called zagre for 6 million.Ultimately, I look to sell one of my main players each off season to give me a decent budget, sold Goldson after first season for 25 million. Usually majority of that money goes towards buying regens that then get loaned out. but will also use some to replace the player I sold

In 22/23 season cruising in the league now, furthest I got in champions league was semi finals last year, in the summer there sold andrija Balic who I signed in summer of 20/21 for free. Sold him for 37.5 million to PSG as well as Kamara for 18 million to RB Salzburg and Ryan jack to Newcastle for 10 million, previous season I sold aribo to West Ham for 35 million. Morelos still banging them in up front, got luis Suarez as back up to him from Watford. The mccrorie brothers are captain and vice captain. Finding a good right back quite hard to find, finally got a guy called amian from France who is playing well.

Youngster wise, Stephen kelly has turned into a good squad player, with NYC and Ritchie hosler probably making the step up next season. Josh mcpake also around the squad as well. Sold barisic as well, had hickey for a few seasons now so he will step in but also signed a left back from Milan called zagre for 6 million.Ultimately, I look to sell one of my main players each off season to give me a decent budget, sold Goldson after first season for 25 million. Usually majority of that money goes towards buying regens that then get loaned out. but will also use some to replace the player I sold

Zagre is quality mate.

Look for Bosko Sutalo for RB.

A cheap player to pick up( not sure now this was before updates) is Carlos Perez from Barca turns into a class player

I’m not sure if people know about these tips or not but here’s two of my most common scouting techniques.

The laziest one is by right clicking a player, you can use “Find Similar Players” for the game to automatically take you to the scouting screen with that player’s main attributes selected so you can easily find replacements.

The other way I use is that when you’re searching for players and in the scouting page where you can select attributes, the game gives you an option to select the attributes most important for your selected role. This way if you’re wanting to improve your team, you can do it based on the player roles you use in your tactics to find the players best suited for it. It gives you the ability to choose how many of them you care about (ie the search only needs to match 5 attributes out of 9) and what rating you care about. So you can reduce these until you get a decent pool to scout from.

I need a good Box to Box midfielder

How much money you got mate?

Shandon Baptiste. I’ve just started a championship network game with a mate and I’m Brentford and he looks a beast at 21.

Josh Dasilva too.

Last edited:
I need a good Box to Box midfielder
See my post above. If you use the scout to scout for players matching the attributes for a BBM, you’ll find a decent number of options. BBM is one of the more difficult roles to find suitable players for, I always use this approach when looking for a new one.

retrained katic, he can now play anywhere in def, tremendous at rb, trying to get Rhian Brewster permanent proving fruitless but he's got 28 goals this season, 13pts clear in league after 27 games, just drew 2-2 with Liverpool in CL last32

got Malang Sarr(cb), Max Kilman(cb), Yangel Hererra(cm), Kelechi Iheanacho (amc/st) on pre-contracts

alfie coming back for £17mil
How do you retrain players mate?

How do you retrain players mate?
I’m not in front of the game so I hope I’ve got this right...

If you go onto a player’s profile and then into the training tab, there will be some options like intensity and focus. One of those options will be position/role/duty. If you change that, the player will train in that position. But you’ll need to give them game time in that position for it to be successful.

Bogle is really good at what he does, he's not really a superstar just very dependable

Barisic, Kent, Katic (team captain), Woodman, Unuvar, Harrison, Barry are my superstars
Is he the boy from Derby? In the game I started as derby I got promoted via the playoffs in season 1. In season 2 finished 13th in the PL and that boy was a standout.

oh can you talk me through how to do that?

If you go into the player search screen and start a "New Search", you'll get the below screen. From here, in the Attributes section, you want to hit "Pick".

At the top of this page, you'll see the "Highlight Key Attributes For Role" dropdown where you can select which role you want to scout for - in our case, the Box to Box Midfielder (Support).

Once you hit "Okay" you're back to the player search page but with all the desired attributes for the role filled in. It defaults the search to needing to match every attribute (in this example "Match 20/20" and sets each attribute to needing to be a minimum of 15. You can use the + and - to raise or lower that number and use the "Match 20/20" dropdown to lower the number of attributes that need to match.

On the left hand side, you could also (for our example) select the CM position and the Box to Box Midfielder role. This will mean the search will only return CMs who are already experienced in the role. I don't normally use this part but it's useful to know and sometimes use.

Hope this makes sense!

How much money is needed to have stadium expansion accepted? Always get told no due to finances even though I had 20-30 million in the bank.

How much money is needed to have stadium expansion accepted? Always get told no due to finances even though I had 20-30 million in the bank.

I've upgraded Ibrox twice now (albeit modestly). I dunno what the clubs balance was at the time but I had easily £80-100m in the transfer budget. The capacity is now 67k and that took about £50m easily if memory serves me.

Back