They're going to let member clubs vote on void vs current

If you read the release on the SPFL site they have dangled the carrot of 'possible league reconstruction' in front of hearts. Not that it WILL happen just that they 'will talk about it'. Hearts will be suckered in by that.

We are on our own and, without significant backing, we are f*cked.
Most clubs will be getting financially blackmailed into this, vote for it and you get your final payments. I'd like SKY to take out legal action vs SPFL and bankrupt them (although would that leave them with members picking up the bill?). At this point in time I would cause as much damage to these clubs as possible, %^*& them.

Absolute bullshit.

Why are the Rangers support still hiding behind asterisks, exceptions and whataboutery?

This kind of deflection - you've literally said that Celtic should have it - does not help our club moving forward.

It's insular, tribal and really unhelpful.
The “let them have it” calls on here are just another embarrassing example of the willingness of a section of our support to allow these b’stards to get away with anything they want to do, like a stupid asterisk is going to be relevant in future years to come.
No surrender indeed.

It's the outcome of a political (football politics) vacuum when we got put down thr divisions. Plus these other clubs are complete push over bastards, we should never play ball with these clubs again, hamper them financially at any given turn.

They‘ve had 5 years to ‘build relationship’. Where is the evidence of it? It looks they’re asleep and getting the piss ripped from them.

Fans are no better. You know people will trot along to these grounds as if nothing has happened

Celtics mid week article about wanting to finish the season was probably all part of the PR strategy, knowing fine well this was coming. Oh we wanted to play to a finish, but if you guys vote for a finish then fair enough.

Rangers better be lobbying every club in the country about this
They blindsided our board with that comment, we been sleeping at the wheel again..

They‘ve had 5 years to ‘build relationship’. Where is the evidence of it? It looks they’re asleep and getting the piss ripped from them.

Fans are no better. You know people will trot along to these grounds as if nothing has happened
Totally get people want to watch their team, we all do, but there can be no excuses this time. Frankly it should have happened in 2012.

Stewart Robertson, 16th March 2020:

”We will continue to maintain a watchful eye on the decisions of footballs governing bodies. Let me reassure the fans that we will not be found wanting in this situation

Over to you sir!

With the exception of Rangers, it really does appear that nobody cares that Scottish football is run by one club for the benefit of one club.
Given that we, ourselves have basically done fk all in terms of challenging Liewell’s grip on Scottish football, does anybody really care that it is being run for the benefit of one club.

I think it's unlikely that the club would announce a boycott, and the reasons for it.

Club 1872 and the support though, that is a different matter.
No need to announce a boycott. The club can just say we don’t want away tickets. This means the home club have to sell direct to our supporters. This absolves the club from any responsibility and allows people to make their choice.

Totally agree. They are paying an MD a 1/10th of Lawwells wage. You get what you pay for.

If the scum are awarded the title we should refuse to buy tickets for all away games including any semi finals or finals at Hampden next season. I know it will be difficult for some to carry this out as we are not the greatest support for all joining as one at times to punish other clubs, however they will have pissed all over the top of us once again and surely we must hurt the scottish game severely if this happens. This surely has got to be the final insult for the Gers support from the rest of Scottish football if this is the outcome and serious action must be taken by us all.

If the scum are awarded the title we should refuse to buy tickets for all away games including any semi finals or finals at Hampden next season. I know it will be difficult for some to carry this out as we are not the greatest support for all joining as one at times to punish other clubs, however they will have pissed all over the top of us once again and surely we must hurt the scottish game severely if this happens. This surely has got to be the final insult for the Gers support from the rest of Scottish football if this is the final outcome and serious action must be taken by us all.
Fans will just buy tickets anyway. Also clubs have been cutting our allocations anyway. Also we dont have a very good record of getting to hampden recently, therefore it's an empty threat

Why is it that league restructuring can only be discussed if teams vote in favour of this carve up?

If restructuring is what is best for Scottish football, surely it merits discussion regardless of the outcome of the vote.

They couldn’t be any more transparent with this corruption if they tried.

No need to announce a boycott. The club can just say we don’t want away tickets. This means the home club have to sell direct to our supporters. This absolves the club from any responsibility and allows people to make their choice.

I'm afraid that would be, and would be portrayed as, a boycott.

The problem with this Rangers board is that they are absolutely terrified of how they come across to other clubs and the authorities. They want to play nice and in return they're being kicked from pillar to post by them because they will not fight back.

There is zero ruthlessness in our boardroom towards others. None whatsoever.

I can say with almost certainty the club will come out with something along the lines of
"we are deeply upset at the decision of other member clubs to end the season and base awards on current standings. We have fought this decision in every way possible for the sake of sporting integrity but reluctantly have to accept the decision as voted for by the majority of member clubs"

or something else just as cowardly.

A sickening stitch up that was always on the cards.

Defining moment approaching for the board and the fans who line their pockets of the clubs who continue to shaft us.

Sadly I expect our board to be found wanting, and I know the supporters will continue to hand over their hard earned to the clubs who despise us.

Personally if it transpires the way I expect I’m done.

If the League programme isn't completed, then there can be no title award or relegation, for that matter. Even the daft Tims I know accept they won't be winning the League this season. It won't count, no matter the " champions " spin from the media.

The board will fully lose my support unless:

- In the event of the vote passing, they go for the SPFL legally
or
- If option 1 isn't possible, then just go full pariah club. We are already hated by them all. Burn all the bridges. Be a stumbling block for every decision, every day, for anything and everything the league and clubs do.

If the League programme isn't completed, then there can be no title award or relegation, for that matter. Even the daft Tims I know accept they won't be winning the League this season. It won't count, no matter the " champions " spin from the media.
It will count though, anyone thinking otherwise is kidding themselves on.

The problem with this Rangers board is that they are absolutely terrified of how they come across to other clubs and the authorities. They want to play nice and in return they're being kicked from pillar to post by them because they will not fight back.

There is zero ruthlessness in our boardroom towards others. None whatsoever.

Worse than that is that they have a ‘we know best’ philosophy. They wouldn’t even consider using the strength of our support or our financial advantage. They think the fans are morons and they are sophisticated business people.

Its being reported on the other thread that this will be an Ordinary Resolution, rather than a Qualified Resolution or Commercial Resolution.

The importance of that is that whilst a Qualified Resolution requires 90% approval from the Premier League clubs (11-1) an Ordinary Resolution only requires 75% approval (9-3).

Cnuts.
we are screwed - only 9 need to vote for it.

https://news.stv.tv/sport/spfl-clubs-to-vote-on-season-end-but-premiership-not-clear-cut

The SPFL board will ask lower league clubs to vote to end their season prematurely but a call on the outcome of the Premiership won’t be made yet.

Instead, top flight clubs will be asked to give a vote on bringing the season to an end, but their decision will be used as the basis for further discussions with UEFA.

UEFA has warned associations they risk losing their Champions League and Europa League spots for next season if they call their top leagues without prior approval.

The SPFL is holding conference calls with all 42 clubs on Wednesday. It’s understood they will propose a resolution to vote on ending the season. Voting isn’t expected to take place on Wednesday.

Voiding the season is also being put to members but is not considered a realistic option as it would lead to contractual problems and possible litigation.

Football has been suspended since March following the coronavirus pandemic. The likelihood of any competitive action returning before August or even September is slim.

The prospect of going several months with no income could threaten the existence of some clubs.

However, if a decision is taken to end the season now, this would allow the governing body to hand out prize money for their final league placings.

In the Premiership, that would see Celtic crowned as champions, with Hearts facing automatic relegation, though that decision is not imminent.

But an instant decision on the lower leagues would see Dundee United promoted to the top flight as Championship winners. The club are currently 14 points clear at the top of the league.

Partick Thistle would be relegated from the Championship, while Raith Rovers move up from League 1.

Stranraer would drop into the fourth tier, with League 2 promoting Cove Rangers as champions.

Some clubs had pushed for league reconstruction during the crisis but there are no plans to change the format of the competition.

While lower league sides are expected to be widely supportive of ending the season and releasing funds, the Premiership decision would be more controversial.

Rangers have already warned they would challenge any decision to crown Celtic as champions, while Hearts would take legal action if they were to be relegated without having played all of their games.

The primary stumbling block though, is UEFA’s desire for all of Europe’s top leagues to act uniformly and after consultation with the governing body.

After Belgium ended their league and named a champion, UEFA threatened that leagues who acted unilaterally would risk losing Champions League and Europa League places.

However, UEFA president Aleksander Ceferin has since indicated leagues could decide to end early, though only after consultation with the hierachy in Nyon.
This tells me it wont be plain sailing for the top league and has probably been challenged possibly by a few clubs ....could be wrong right enough

A sickening stitch up that was always on the cards.

Defining moment approaching for the board and the fans who line their pockets of the clubs who continue to shaft us.

Sadly I expect our board to be found wanting, and I know the supporters will continue to hand over their hard earned to the clubs who despise us.

Personally if it transpires the way I expect I’m done.
If the club come out of this in a bad light and the fans dont think they have done enough ST sales will definitely drop especially in these hard times .

Then the membership scheme would be in tatters. Will not happen

Fans will just buy tickets anyway. Also clubs have been cutting our allocations anyway. Also we dont have a very good record of getting to hampden recently, therefore it's an empty threat
Yes so lets just roll over and have her tummy tickled once again.

based on this, how likely are clubs to back it. There are clubs with a vested interest like St Mirren etc avoiding relegation.

But are any clubs likely to miss out on a shot at Europe for instance?

Since when was the criteria 75% or 9/12 clubs?

Didn't it used to be a minimum of 10 for any changes?

based on this, how likely are clubs to back it. There are clubs with a vested interest like St Mirren etc avoiding relegation.

But are any clubs likely to miss out on a shot at Europe for instance?

Rangers and Hearts obviously

Killie St Johnstone and Hibs are the only other maybes

Killie have a shot at Europe, i think Hibs would be put into the bottom 6 with this too

If true then we need to be on the frontfoot here.

Make it more appealing to the diddy clubs to vote null and void.

How? Easy.

Make it known that we will support splitting the money and take a loss on our potential income to help out less fortunate clubs.

Come up with a plan for when football restarts -that the diddy clubs will recieve either cheaper seats, or a part of their end ticket sales.

Make it known that this will only happen if sporting integrity is upheld as if it is not we will have no faith in scottish football any more and we will look elsewhere, in a country where sporting integrity matters to continue our football as it is within our strongest beliefs that football should only be won on the pitch.

Make it known that by finishing the season as is there will be no european football or european money

Teams in the lower league? we can offer them a friendly at their own ground to help offset the losses from corona.

I really hope we don't do that. That comes across as desperate, offering the kitchen sink so that they vote for null and void.

30 odd pre-season friendlies against lower league sides just to elicit their support in a vote.

Playing out the season and deferring the start to next season, if and when we get the pandemic under control is the most sensible option.

Null and voiding leaves more questions than answers:

Would we get full Sky/BT TV money for the season? (EPL penalty quoted as £726m if fixture list not finished, a proportionate amount will likely be sliced off ours)

How would we determine European places for 2020/21? Aberdeen won't accept Motherwell getting the 3rd spot while in contention. Motherwell won't accept it being based on 18/19 placings.

What happens to tickets/hospitalty that have been purchased for this season? Do we have to reimburse those individuals or offer them a discount/substitute for next season?

Vote put to member clubs rather the SPFL making the call themselves so they avoid any potential legal action.

Only offer on the table is to settle on current standings to allow financial payments to be distributed. No option to null and void and distribute. Vote through and all clubs get their much needed payments.

Option to re-structure league if clubs vote to settle on current standings. All clubs in line for promotion get promoted but no clubs get relegated.

They’ve really covered all bases here haven’t they. Ensure the filth get their title. Ensure they aren’t open to legal action. Ensure all clubs struggling financially get their payouts via blackmail. Ensure all clubs in line for promotion or relegation are kept happy.

Everybody satisfied.

The resolution also recommends that matches in the Ladbrokes Premiership remain postponed for the time being, to give the best possible opportunity for the remaining 2019/20 fixtures to be played.

However, if the SPFL Board determines that the remaining Premiership matches cannot be played, the Ladbrokes Premiership would also be terminated, with final season placings determined on the same basis.

So does this mean that the lower leagues vote on what happens and the premier league follows suit meaning we get no say in it?

Back