Castore Sportswear

Brilliant news. Fucking embarrassing thread.

Ambitious company have joined forces with us, investment in the superstore, bespoke kits, significantly increased revenue for our club. And crucially........NO MORE SPORTS DIRECT!

What’s not to love?

Your spot on here DZ, and by the sounds of the interview we may get some proper exposure overseas for our brand.

People are being very short sighted if they can see that there is possibly a long term opportunity for the club here. We are this companies first major club, we help them grow and we sell merchandise, which in turn could lead to better terms next time around if both sides are happy with things.

I for one would rather have a company tailoring a deal to us rather than us signing on and accepting generic pish from a company who really couldn't give a shit.

I’m shocked at anyone not excited about this deal. Partnered with an ambitious company who will only make money if he product sells well, a company who sound excited to be partnered with our club and who are in line with our forward thinking new commercial director.

aye it’s not Adidas or Nike but again it’s like cars for me. BMW and Mercedes are like Adidas and Nike And Castore is like McLaren. Would McLaren do well if they started producing a car to compete with the lower end Saloon cars of the other companies?

the main thing is SD and Ashley are gone and we have a deal where the more we sell the more we make and the stuff we are getting is going to be first class.

I’d say though we are stuck on for a Red Liverpool type away or third shirt, What a marketing opportunity it would be for a Liverpool based company why has an icon of Liverpool there to be seen in your product. Getting a share of the scouse pound as their second team would be a decent chunk of cash

Jordan Campbell has just tweeted that it's a 25 million multi year deal.

Rumoured to be a 5 year deal so a minimum of 5million per season + profits.

Very good deal, if correct.

I took from the interview that it was a 3 year deal possibly with an extension of both parties happy.

Watched it 3-4 hours ago so cant remember exactly was james bisgrove said but thats definitely what i took from it.

What Bisgrove actually said was that ‘there was potential for further retail outlets’. He didn’t say it was a certainty or quote a figure. You’d imagine we would try and get the lease from Elite for the Glasgow and Belfast shops though - if Castore can see that it will be worthwhile. Bearing in mind that, at last, we will have a MegaStore at Ibrox worthy of the name. Castore may be cautious at first. This is a huge move for them.
Agreed, their business is online. They will measure the mega store and go from there. Don't get me wrong, a couple of strategically placed stores would be good just for footfall. I am always a tad jealous of the horrible ones store in Glasgow airport, purely for the location.

Not watched video yet. Will do later. I assume if tops are going to be priced similar to that of European clubs we could be looking at somewhere between 60-75 quid a top then potentially. Seems fair enough. Quality comes at a cost.

Agreed, their business is online. They will measure the mega store and go from there. Don't get me wrong, a couple of strategically placed stores would be good just for footfall. I am always a tad jealous of the horrible ones store in Glasgow airport, purely for the location.
Their airport store runs at a loss purely there for branding reasons.

I'm finding it very difficult to find any negatives here.

- Reported 5 million a year (at least)
- Free of SD
- 250,000 investment into the megastore
- Bespoke kits which will potentially be of better quality than anything else in the football strip market
- An up and coming British company with serious wealthy backers
- Already sponsors and has involvement from one of the greatest British sportsmen of all time
- One half of the founding brothers doing a Q&A session with Bisgrove - with Bisgrove coming across with a sense of ambition for where we should be going as a modern club
- Cost of strips will be in line with other European clubs
- Top quality kit for the players

Of course, there are questions marks about Castore having the ability to meet the demand for sales but after watching the interview they seem pretty switched on about this as well.

Brilliant interview.... I'll definitely be investing in all the shirts, some training gear........... And a selection of Mehmet's Turkish Castore gear.

Their airport store runs at a loss purely there for branding reasons.

Probably but its for brand exposure.

Plus it annoys me when im going on holiday and i see that eyesore knowing that visitors to scotland may think they are scotlands premier club.

Businesses need to start somewhere and this will be massive for us and castore. Nike weren't that huge of a world wide brand untill Jordan started being sponsored by them then they took off from there.

If I had to guess I'd go..

Glasgow x 2
Edinburgh
Belfast
North of England.

given that they planned for their own store no2 being in Liverpool
i'd guess that assuming that goes ahead - we'd be stocked in there so not needing a NofE store

The thought of good distribution networks to USA, Australia, and Korea opens up what should be good for our worldwide fans who have relied on family far to long to get kit.
If these brothers can cope with the demands of our support over the course of this contract, this partnership could last a long time.

I remember having to google what brand does Andy Murray have on his shirt a year or so ago, so that was the first time l had heard of the brand. Really excited to see how this develops but watching the video can certainly see the benefits for them and us.

I'm not sure it's Branson they're referring to here - although Branson did back them initially via a start-up fund.

I've read the owner of the retail chain New Look (Tom Singh) is an investor, as well as the former boss of Saatchi & Saatchi (Robert Senior) - both are extremely wealthy people.

Either way, they have some pretty big hitters in their corner.

It wouldn't surprise me that Castore open shops across the UK and have a Rangers section rather than a Rangers shop in Liverpool for example.

I'm finding it very difficult to find any negatives here.

- Reported 5 million a year (at least)
- Free of SD
- 250,000 investment into the megastore
- Bespoke kits which will potentially be of better quality than anything else in the football strip market
- An up and coming British company with serious wealthy backers
- Already sponsors and has involvement from one of the greatest British sportsmen of all time
- One half of the founding brothers doing a Q&A session with Bisgrove - with Bisgrove coming across with a sense of ambition for where we should be going as a modern club
- Cost of strips will be in line with other European clubs
- Top quality kit for the players

Of course, there are questions marks about Castore having the ability to meet the demand for sales but after watching the interview they seem pretty switched on about this as well.

Can't complain about any of that. Great money for the deal.

Well backed, dynamic,highly ambitious, seeking to become an exclusive quintessential British brand, partnering with the quintessential British club. What’s not to like. The yahoos can get their kits in sports direct along with their Slazenger track bottoms.

I suspect there will be a small amount of Rangers merch with the Castore outets but with the main selling being done on a matchday at the stadium and online. Lets face it, at the start, Elite got hundreds of thousands of orders for millions of items so the demand is there, not in shops anymore. Its the company that needs to be able to be able to keep up with demand and the customer service element to deal with stock accuracy and returns which I am sure Castore will be able to cope with after recent fiascos with lesser companies

This is a brilliant deal and it will be night and day difference from what we have endured for the last few years with SD. I am so excited to have a megastore back at the stadium and actually buy things for my son. Castore gear is high quality and looks great.

I think we are in for a treat with the strip releases and the training & leisure ranges. I am also expecting castore to deliver some special edition items for the 150yr anniversary.

I didn't say the season would start in 8 weeks, I said plans were being made for it to happen.

You did say that this current season isn't over though.

If it's not over, then there will still be games to play and we would play those in Hummel.

You were the one that accused me of thinking another game would be played from this season. I pointed out that I didn’t say that and reminded you that the season will not be starting in a few weeks.

Welcome to my ignore list. It’s always the ones that can’t be bothered to give themselves an avatar. Cheerio.

EYM1tA2XQAApoth

Back