Signing announcements within the next week - SR

so from names im seeing banded about, folk are hoping for some of these?

GK - Hladky
LB - Douglas
Mid - Armstrong
FWD - Vydra, Taylor, Toney, Weissman

not sure about Douglas maybe good for cover i guess, same with Hladky, Armstrong unlikely but wouldn't say no, with the forwards i'd have to go with Weissman based on his stats/age and that he's played in EL - however IF Alfie is sold i'd go for Weissman & Vydra

Hladky
Liverpool Loan
Douglas?
Dallas?
McLean?
Toney?
Tapia?
Kamberi?
Dykes?
Would take Armstrong but doubt it.
It'll be an interesting window and we need to lay down a marker to win trophies next season.
No more quantity players, Quality and better squad players.

I’d take Armstrong as he’s a goal scoring midfielder that can play and graft. Type of midfielder we’ve been needing for years

Lyle Taylor & Hldaky are stick ons for me, too much stuff around them.

I like Hladky think he's a really good goalkeeper and a steady one at that.

Am still not convinced on Taylor.

Really hoping Taylor is headed elsewhere, Hladky seems smart and cost efficient but bringing Taylor in seems really short sighted and a waste of the budget imo

Toney is an interesting one he's quick and has an eye for goal and can mix it up a bit but he's built like Aribo looks a tad lightweight not convinced he could lead the line for us tbh.

Toney is any thing but lightweight. He's strong and aggressive and absolutely batters into people. Good at holding the ball up.

He's got a good bit of pace and intelligent movement.

Toney is any thing but lightweight. He's strong and aggressive and absolutely batters into people. Good at holding the ball up.

Yeah from what I’ve seen on YouTube he’s superb in the air ... the kind of striker we don’t have to throw on when we can’t break teams down

Any basis to these Armstrong comments or just a person posters would like us to target ?. I can’t see us forking out the 5-10 mil I imagine Southampton would want.

that's the way it's worked in the past few seasons other than Hagi as we had to activate or right to buy but the likes of Jack Alves Arfield and McGregor were all announced early on before the window opened in recent seasons and they were all free

Yeah from what I’ve seen on YouTube he’s superb in the air ... the kind of striker we don’t have to throw on when we can’t break teams down
Fucking hell, the new CR7 then. I know nothing about him, but sign him up:p

i hear willian will be looking for a new club :cool: :));) could sort the RF position
Him....
EgJxoLR.jpg

I hope its quality players over quantity. Players in the calibre of Ianis hagi

I like the sentiment, however we do require a backup left back and keeper at minimal cost to allow for quality acquisitions elsewhere in the first XI! If it was just these 2 and mildly underwhelming signings I'll deffo take it.

Just the fact we are the only club in Scotland looking to bring players in is promising.

If we’re paying that for a player who’s only done it in League One and not someone like Shon Weissman who’s scored goals in the Europa League, is available for the same price and has sell on value I’d be disappointed

You seriously think were paying 7/8 million for a player in todays climate?

From peterborough in the english 3rd tier?

From

They're only getting him if they sell Edouard.

Where did this Armstrong rumour surface?
I know mate but didn’t feel as if it’d make sense to include that.

Armstrong rumour has floated about since last summer, was offered to us, Celtic and a few other teams last season. Wilson asked about his availability earlier this year and continues to monitor his situation according to an admin on here

Rangers alongside Celtic and a host of English clubs were offered Armstrong on loan at the start of last season as he had struggled during his first year at Southampton and wasn't really in the manager's plans.

No club interested would pay the wages that Southampton wanted them to so he stayed at the club.

Since then he has become a regular for them. So it is very unlikely to happen now because
1. Southampton won't want him to go
2. Rangers aren't now going to pay the level of wage they refused to last season

Back