Kamberi?

For me its a yes, defoe finishes next year and theres injuries and he hasnt played football for months aged 37.
Morelos , great when screwing the nut.
Might be away, and the weight he carried after xmas , maybe worse.
Kamberi wanted to play for Rangers and wasnt shy in saying it.
He came into a team devoid of confidence.
Knows the Scottish game.

He would have been a good squad player but we do need better for the first 11, much better than Barker, Jones and Ojo etc

Underrated player imho. Is a good all round forward player who would do well with a run of games under his belt in a good side. Not at the same level as Morelos but would be a good addition to the squad and we need a third striker.

If the scouts think we can attract better then he's better off elsewhere imo I hope he gets a move to a good club tho

I would have taken Kamberi if Defoe wasn’t here as 3rd choice.

But we need a striker on the level of Morelos if we want to win the league.

I'd sign him as cover/squad depth. Thought he acquitted himself well except in Braga where he didn't seem to know the offside rule and missed a sitter.

If we do have money a striker is the one area I would spend on. Think we need someone who could really challenge Morelos and that for me is not Kamberi. He would just be a squad player.

His effort and dynamism showed up a lot of lethargic, phoning it in, shite performances from a lot of players post-January.

Put simply, if we maintain a better level and stop taking 70 minutes and a goal against to wake up and actually “run aboot a bit” then we shouldn’t need him.

We need experienced SPFL players our top priority this year is knocking them off the top of the perch, w if the price is right for FK I think we should take it, he can score against Celtic and knows this league, paying money for someone else might be a risk we cannot afford just now

In a long dirty shitty SPFL season where refs are bending over backwards to hand the scum a title we need a strong squad. Lambert might not be everyone’s cup of tea but he’s got dig and not scared to work hard. I’d take him.

Probably why Dortmund signed him...

I thought he looked okay when he played. He seemed to want the ball, put in some effort. I wouldn’t be against having him as a squad player so depends on the money.

We have a few players (Murphy/Hastie) that would do the same job so I don’t think he’s actually needed.

Hibs will want a bidding war, hopefully pick him up for monkey nuts as they get more desperate. Clearly won't play for them again, high earner and want him gone so all their bargaining is gone due to being bitter Rangers haters.

I would like to see us sign someone with a bit more quality and experience at a higher level.

We need a 2nd place forward as Defoe can't be expected to fill in for Alfie next season or try and change a game.

Kamberi did a good job for us but I don't think we will to sign him permanently that's my gut feeling and I think Defoe will drop down to third choice.

Fully expect at least one quality striker signed this summer maybe even two that's if Morelos leaves.

Be a good addition as a squad player offers something a wee bit different and he wants to be here.
I agree,I think we have far worse and I think both him and Stewart would be good squad players, we're still devoid of flair players though and players who can come on and influence a game.

I have to admit Kamberi did slightly better than I thought he might when he played for us- but I had very low expectations in the first place

He did offer us more height than we had but so did Lafferty - although Kamberi looked better in the air- but again that's not saying a lot - Height without decent skill & ability obviously isn't enough on it's own

There surely must be better out there - even if we are shopping with buttons

If our 3 strikers next season are Morelos Kambreri and Defoe we aren’t winning anything.
At the moment we only have Morelos and Defoe, are you thinking we need better than those 2? What's wrong with Kamberi as back up, done well in Europe and scored a couple of crackers in Scotland

Back