Kamberi?

150k is a low risk fee for what Kamberi would offer us on the park. Agreed, he won't shift Morelos or Defoe for the main striker role, but he's decent back up at that fee.

If we stick to our new policy of “Quality over Quantity” we won’t be signing Kamberi even for £150k

If we get rid of Stewart, Jones, Barker, Hastie and Ojo is already gone we’re going to need several replacements. Spending millions on every incoming player is fantasy stuff I’m afraid:

Defoe should be our third striker.

Morelos, Kamberi, Defoe isn't league winning material, especially if Morelos picks up an injury, suspension or loss of form like the last two seasons.

Ideally we go with Morelos/replacement, Vydra/Andone/similar ability, Defoe.

We are competing on four fronts. We need options, we need to be able to mix it up in terms of formations, we need quality, players pushing each other.

If Morelos drops out and we are relying on a Kamberi or Dykes then we won't be winning much.

If you think Vydra is coming to the SPL to warm the bench you’re going to be severely disappointed

What was he going to do in January then bud before Burnley pulled the plug?

I don’t believe he was coming as a Morelos backup. He would have played inside forward. He's now back in the frame at Burnley so I’d imagine any move up here would be based on a first team place. Otherwise he’ll either stay with them or move elsewhere.

We both know while Morelos and Defoe are here, the only slot open is third choice.

And with that in mind, £150,000 for Kamberi is the favourite for that slot.

Morelos will be away, likely for a lower fee than we would have predicted thanks to the Coronavirus. Will need a proper replacement for him but aside of that 150k for Kamberi isnt a bad bit of business even if he is a squad player.

We both know while Morelos and Defoe are here, the only slot open is third choice.

And with that in mind, £150,000 for Kamberi is the favourite for that slot.

I would hope we are not just looking for a 3rd choice striker. Defoe should fill that position. We need somebody in to challenge and compete with Morelos.

If the buff goes off form, gets injured, or has more disciplinary issues we can't be relying on Defoe to step up and take his place.

I would hope we are not just looking for a 3rd choice striker. Defoe should fill that position. We need somebody in to challenge and compete with Morelos.

If the buff goes off form, gets injured, or has more disciplinary issues we can't be relying on Defoe to step up and take his place.

I’d be astonished if Gerrard saw Defoe as anything other than the regular second choice striker, for the vast majority of games anyway.

A bargain is only a bargain if its something you need.

Personally I think we need better, and I'd prefer put £150k plus signing on fee, agents fees, and wages towards someone of a better standard.

Back