Kamberi?

How about getting players that are better than our first 11, then some of them become the subs?
In an ideal world I agree. The reality is that any striker we want has to accept he's 2nd if not 3rd choice with our current set up . Not many top players will accept that so I think kamberi is probably one of the best options. If morelos leaves then its different, but right now him and Defoe are ahead of anyone else

How about getting players that are better than our first 11, then some of them become the subs?
Totally agree, we should be upgrading starting 11 places this year and not bringing in players that can “come in and do a job”.

Gerrard only uses 15-16 core players anyway and there might be reasons for that but he didn’t use his big squad last year so it’s utterly pointless to bring in even more numbers - we need quality not quantity.

Would be a serviceable third choice striker but really we need someone that’s going to come in and push Defoe down to being the third choice.

We need to get better than Kamberi if we want to make a serious challenge.
He is bang average and only looks good in flashes. The very reason he was not a first pick at hibs ffs.

Also I think we all seen last season that age is now catching up on Defoe. Love the guy but again not what we need if going to make a serious challenge.

We need a bit of serious investment up front.

I thought he was decent enough in the few games he played, but there is better out there without looking too far

Rangers could land Florian Kamberi for a bargain £150,000 this summer – but Hull City have already made the first move for the Hibs striker.

The English Championship side has already had a couple of bids knocked back by the cash-strapped Easter Road club for the Swiss-born striker.

Hibs, who will ask players to take wage cuts on top of deferrals already in place to deal with the COVID-19 lockdown, are now prepared to sell in a cut-price deal with additional future payments and clauses.

Kamberi was on-loan at Rangers for the second half of last season and Steven Gerrard remains interested, although there are also other English sides watching his situation closely, while Polish side Lech Poznan remain long-term admirers.

The Ibrox club have prioritised other positions ahead of the wide attacking positions but the Kamberi deal they could return to later in the window, especially if they are able to move on some of their fringe players.

Get all the latest Rangers news sent straight to your Inbox every day by signing up to our newsletter.

We cover every morsel of information regarding your favourite club in the form of articles, videos and podcasts.

The newsletter will arrive every day at 12pm, giving you a round up of the best stories we've covered that in the last 24 hours.

Hibs are prepared to let the 25-year-old go for the same six figure price as they paid Grasshopper for him two years with a second future payment and additional add-ons.

Kamberi is currently back doing pre-season with his Hibs’ team mates.

The Edinburgh giants are feeling the full effects of the COVID-19 cash crisis.

They have already agreed deferrals with their players and staff but now they are looking to make further wage and financial savings with the Premiership set to resume behind closed doors.

Hibs could now have to sell some of their squad to help balance the books with the likes of Australian international Martin Boyle and Israeli keeper Ofir Marciano set to go into the final year of their contracts.

Boyle is already attracting interest from Stoke City and Huddersfield.

It would make financial sense to sell them rather than lose them for nothing this time next year.

Almost the same price as we were willing to pay to have a colt team admitted to the league, I woukd say yes to that deal.

150k is a superb deal in all honesty. Really hard to say no to that.

Would really like someone with more quality to compete with him & Morelos though.

£150k for Kamberi would be a bargain but how useful a signing would he be when we would still need another striker to come in.

Morelos, Defoe and Kamberi as our striking options don’t fill me with confidence.

We would be signing him for the sake of it and he wouldn’t get much game time anyway. Would be another Stewart/Jones which we don’t need!

If the £150k figure is true then I’d definitely go for him. Would be a decent enough backup to Morelos and Defoe.
We should also be getting a higher calibre striker in to challenge Morelos properly though. Having four strikers also means we can change it up formation wise easier as well.

He’d be worth a go at £150k if we can clear some of the others off the books who don’t play often

At £150k, Kamberi is worth signing. We only need a first choice striker if Morelos leaves.

Kamberi showed he can affect games off the bench or even if not starting all the time. That would be his role, and for such a little fee he's worth the risk.

Think we need four strikers when Gerrard is married to one up front?
One up front and regardless of who it is we play like its always Morelos up there.

I think most of us like the sound of the price tag but in reality it’s a waste of time.

At £150k, Kamberi is worth signing. We only need a first choice striker if Morelos leaves.

Kamberi showed he can affect games off the bench or even if not starting all the time. That would be his role, and for such a little fee he's worth the risk.
If we are bringing a striker off the bench then he needs to be getting a goal or at least an assist.

He did that once in 9 games and it was against St Johnstone in a game we drew (not his fault tbf) so I would hardly say he had THAT much of an impact of the bench.

I’d take him we need a striker who’s proven in the league . That’s been one of our big problems in singling players from other leagues and they can’t handle the league and that’s why I’d take Ferguson too we need these tyoe of players even for cover

150k is a decent price for Kamberi given his ability.

However, I really don’t feel like a front three of Morelos, Defoe and Kamberi is going to win us the league next year.

If we are bringing a striker off the bench then he needs to be getting a goal or at least an assist.

He did that once in 9 games and it was against St Johnstone in a game we drew (not his fault tbf) so I would hardly say he had THAT much of an impact of the bench.

We get a bit hung up on stats sometimes.

He had an impact in both games against Braga, especially the first leg off the bench. His pace, movement and energy created all sorts of problems.

You've mentioned the St Johnstone game. Just before that game, he was praised for his performance off the bench against Livingston.

With limited minutes over 9 appearances, many wanted him to start games for us very quickly. I think he done ok overall, and as I say, if the price is genuinely that low, I believe he's worth it.

150k is a decent price for Kamberi given his ability.

However, I really don’t feel like a front three of Morelos, Defoe and Kamberi is going to win us the league next year.
I agree.

I’ve commented on the other thread saying giving Defoe a 1 year extension was a mistake IMO.

In an ideal world we’d have two first choice strikers (Morelos and a new signing), with Kamberi slotting in as 3rd choice.

£150k is very tempting and a good deal. But we’d still need another striker.

For the fee mentioned we should sign him! Offers something different and can play in a couple of positions

150k is a superb deal in all honesty. Really hard to say no to that.

Would really like someone with more quality to compete with him & Morelos though.
Don’t understand why Defoe wasn’t given a player coach deal. I think it goes without saying he’s a great influence off the park but on the park he has noticeably regressed. And I know someone will bring up his goals tally but I’d like to know who many were scored that put us ahead

Take him at that price no bother. He can come in and do a job when needed.

Morelos/new main striker, then Defoe then Kamberi, in that order I'd be fairly happy.

I see him more as a back up for Kent or Hagi more so than a back up to Morelos but obviously he could lead the line during an injury crisis. He played out wide for Hibs a number of times in his career and even did it for us. A 150k for a guy who can play all across the front three is a bargain in the current climate.

I still want us to go for an adequate Morelos replacement/alternative, obviously.

Best thing I can say regards kamberi is he displayed a genuine desire to be at Rangers. From what I seen he's the one who looked ready to grasp the opportunity and make the most of it which is more than you can say for any of our other fringe players. For that reason I would take him and move to offload others.

One up front and regardless of who it is we play like its always Morelos up there.

I think most of us like the sound of the price tag but in reality it’s a waste of time.

Not really.

Morelos being injured or more likely suspended means that we’d miss a physical presence if we had to depend on Defoe. Kamberi is strong, fast and knows the league - a bit more talented than he’s given credit for as well.

Anyone expecting wholesale changes to the starting XI outside of Hagi is going to be disappointed.

150k for a 3rd choice striker who done a decent enough job for us when called upon, would be a decent bit of business.

Are people expecting us to splash out millions of pounds on someone who will be behind Morelos and Defoe for game time?

Correct.

People keep going on about how we should be looking for starting players to replace what we have to win the league - and yes, by all means, all clubs should be looking at continual improvement - but I’d argue the lack of back up and squad depth that Gerrard genuinely trusts is as big a problem.

For £150,000, Kamberi is a no brainer in that regards.

We need to be strengthening on what we have and a like kamberi but he's just not the level we need at the club need to be aiming higher to win this league this year

150k for a 3rd choice striker who done a decent enough job for us when called upon, would be a decent bit of business.

Are people expecting us to splash out millions of pounds on someone who will be behind Morelos and Defoe for game time?
No. I expect we sign someone of a good quality to be second choice.

No. I expect we sign someone of a good quality to be second choice.

It's unlikely to be cheap, finding someone to challenge Morelos. And any player who isn't quite at his level will have to be good at playing well in the odd game or off the bench, which is very difficult to find in a striker.

I've said this before, so apologies for repeating myself - if last summer, I was told Rangers could sign one from Jones, Barker, Stewart or Kamberi, I'd have been hoping we'd sign Kamberi. I think in terms of ability and what he'll offer us, he's better than those three.

Guess we'll see. Could all come to nothing.

Back