Kamberi?

3:10 - tremendous finish
4:49 - great dummy and assist
5:31 - comes deep and a superb first time ball to Morelos

Another day when we struggled to break a team down. The game changed completely when he came on, we were comfortably on our way to getting a third until we took Morelos off and brought on another man into midfield.

I don't think he's an out and out striker, but he's a very decent option when we need to change things. There's another excellent finish by him not in the highlights because of a foul if I recall, bear in mind that he had only been at the club for about three weeks at this point and we looked a different team when he came on.

I don't think we can just write this guy off.
Agree and was going to post similar. Worth having him around As he offers something Defoe or Morelos does.

As of now, we have Morelos and a veteran (yet still lethal) Defoe. We all saw what happened when Morelos came off the rails and Defoe, as it happens wasn't fit. Kamberi sure brought new life into our attack, despite his rare game time. By trade, Stewart is a central striker but was rarely used as such, yet also became somewhat of an impact player - usually on the right wing. We might play Jones and Murphy as strikers (the latter was used as such during his loan spell), but in essence we are well short of real strikers, not least if injury, suspension or lack of form happens by.

Kamberi would offer us a good option against the lesser lights of the Premiership, not least in a two striker formation. IMHO, if we continue against the brickwall brigade like we have these last four years with a 4-3-3, it does not really matter who plays the striker role, we will come up short.

I liked him. Always added something when he came on. Didnt show enough for a place in the squad.

Grbic is 23 and just had a really good season, loads of room for development.

Vydra has already peaked and has been inconsistent for his whole career.
Is it not a case of Vydra has done well in championship but not so much in the prem?

Would do well here no doubt

he's got a bit of pace,but gets caught offside almost all the time, ok he made a difference aginst Braga at Ibrox though he missed 2 good chances and in the away game he missed a very good chance, his first touch is not good, so a no from me

That was Kamberi at his best, and he’s inconsistent.

No thanks.

We need to keep Morelos, give him competition like Vydra, and have Defoe as third.

He’s worth keeping as back up. He made good impact when he played.

depends on the fee obviously

I would have him if the price is right. He made a decent impact off the bench on a few occasions and would be handy for easy win games where we might want to rest El Buffalo

A know a few Hibs season ticket holders and they all say the same thing about him. Started really well with them and then declined big time. After that he was pretty much a shadow of the player they first signed apart from very occasional glimpses of form.

I was told that before he came to us so it wasn’t sour grapes from them either....

Don't think we will either think it's clear we have other targets in mind.

It looks like Vydra was the one we wanted in January. I believe Kamberi would’ve been seen as nothing other than an option to get through the season. Gerrard will know we need better.

Imo we need a second striker who is similar to morelos. Strong and holds it up and links similar to what morelos can do.

Our team were so used to playing with morelos and using him constant that when defore and kamberi came in who were totally different we looked clueless and midfield ended up getting pressed as they didny have thay option

I thought he was very good for us in the short amount of match time he got. Certainly wouldn't be a bad addition to the squad as back up or coming off the bench.

Kamberi's best quality is being direct, something we struggled with from January. He's raw, for someone his age, very raw.

He's isn't someone who is turning a draw into a win imo.

Not for me, he has some ability no doubt but we need a higher standard and more consistent player.

He did offer something different to Alfie and Defoe though, so a similar type of player would be a good buy.

I'd have thought that if it was happening it might have been done and dusted already tbh. Doesn't seem to be any way back for him at Fester Road and you'd imagine we'd be in the box seat to sign him.

Seems a decent guy with a good attitude (although the HIVS might disagree), but not good enough to be our starting striker, especially with one up top.

I suspect we might not fully address the striking positions until we know what's happening with Alfie. Which might be a bit of a gamble if he ends up leaving us late in the window. But there's a difference between having to replace a 30 goal a season 15-20M pound player versus bolstering the squad to take into account an ageing Defoe.

He made an arse of himself upsetting Hibs with transfer insistence then showed no flair or enthusiasm when he arrived. Goodbye.

He gave us his all and had some very decent moments but overall he isn't quite good enough for where we need to be.

We need a big Hateley type striker to hold up the ball and get on the end of crosses. Also Gerrard needs to teach our midfielders how to shoot from distance.

Who was the big number nine who played against us in a friendly for Alfie’s old team? He would do a job for us.

He made an arse of himself upsetting Hibs with transfer insistence then showed no flair or enthusiasm when he arrived. Goodbye.
He may have shown the most flair and enthusiasm out of our whole squad post new year. Hagi may edge him but he put in plenty effort.

Good attitude, should enough energy when he played but might not be the best finisher. As a squad player I'd take him

Proper pre season he would be good for our squad considering he wont cost much. It's hard to come into a new team partway through a season but he showed more effort than 90% of the rest of the squad.

Wouldn't be against bringng him in as back up. If the price was right of course. Thought he showed good potential and something different up front for us that we were missing

Back