Hearts & Partick Thistle vs SPFL Starts Today.

The truth will be dragged out into the light at last .

OR an out of court settlement will prevail ...which will be extremely telling ,either way the corruptness will be there for all to see

Any move that can maybe get to the bottom of the dundee vote, is most welcome.

Not sure if it can be, but would be nice if we could find out exactly what happened. Let's hope its questioned.

Getting billed for half of SPFL’s costs.

If it was my club, I’d be wanting them to take it to The Supreme Court if possible. Anything to delay the SPFL start date.
You can't take a case to the Supreme Court at this state of proceedings, it is strictly an appelate court. Even when a final disposal is made, the next step would be to appeal to the Inner House of the Court of Session and then if so minded (and granted permission to do so) to appeal to the Supreme Court.

handing over all the evidence and an Independent enquiry just what Rangers wanted and we are not footing the bill
This the best bit of it all. Dave King will be sitting in one of his mansions pishing himself laughing. I hope that image is of some comfort to any deranged lurkers browsing here today - you all got played.

dont care one way or the other whether hearts go down. The fact they have to hand over all documentation is massive.

I think the Hearts solicitor already has a list of the documentation they want supplied, the spfl argued it would take too much time to put together but they have been ordered to supply the documents. If they can’t it will really be damaging to their case

"would take too much time to put together"

Seriously ?

School boy defence - 'wheres your homework Neil ?'.

Oh theres so much of it, I left it at home

"Well go get it"

Oh, for fucks sake !

I assume this arbitration will have to look at all matters concerning the decision and mechanism to call the league as complete. Emails will be getting purged from servers as we speak!

I wonder if the spfl will now try to compromise and settle out of court regarding compensation.

The absolute last thing they will want to do is handover documentation and phone call recordings.
They have no money and surely would need members to vote, 75% of clubs to back giving £10m in future money? Nah, this will end up in court again with Nelms and Doncaster at the fore

You can't take a case to the Supreme Court at this state of proceedings, it is strictly an appelate court. Even when a final disposal is made, the next step would be to appeal to the Inner House of the Court of Session and then if so minded (and granted permission to do so) to appeal to the Supreme Court.

Cheers bud, I said “ if possible “ as I have no clue re law.

The only negative thing about the documents is they will only be used in the closed court . They won’t be made public unless leaked.

There is simply no way that the SPFL can engage with a independent arbitration panel..

Crucially they have been required by the highest court in the land to disclose documents that the can’t afford to disclose.

This is a massive loss by the cabal and they will now have to find the cash to pay Hearts/PT or force through reconstruction.

i predict that the arbitration panel will not sit the risk is to high.

Tomorrow’s Keech Jackson article should be amusing. A direct insight into the level of panic in Lawwell’s cabal. Prediction - ‘Armageddon’ - ‘season start could drag on till Christmas. For the survival of our game Hearts and Thistle must withdraw their case.’

Full disclosure of documents. Does that mean that Neil will have to waste time signing all those pesky minutes! This really is just ridiculous red tape that we don’t need in Scottish football at this time!
Yes it is, the more the better.

Death by a thousand paper cuts to all of our haters

Tomorrow’s Keech Jackson article should be amusing. A direct insight into the level of panic in Lawwell’s cabal. Prediction - ‘Armageddon’ - ‘season start could drag on till Christmas. For the survival of our game Hearts and Thistle must withdraw their case.’
Is that you keech? Always wondered your user name

Last edited:
There is simply no way that the SPFL can engage with a independent arbitration panel..

Crucially they have been required by the highest court in the land to disclose documents that the can’t afford to disclose.

This is a massive loss by the cabal and they will now have to find the cash to pay Hearts/PT or force through reconstruction.

You are right, remember the mad struggle to try and prevent an independent inquiry, this is effectively the same thing.
They will pay the compensation and take it out of next years prize money

Going back to court is only really an option if there are serious legal failures at arbitration.
They can't just do it if they don't like the decision.
It's very unlikely to end up back in court.
If arbitration goes against Hearts, it means the crucial events surrounding the Dundee vote has been discounted(cast, lost uncast, found renegotiated, reversed, recast).
This alone is easily enough to get this back into court.

If anybody wants to read the Judge's full comments then here's the link. Interestingly, he makes it clear this is not something for 'football people' to make a call on and wants someone of Judge/QC/Advocate level to head the tribunal because it involves a claim of 'unfair prejudice' and that is strictly a legal matter and subject to case law.

"Hearts and Partick Thistle themselves contend that the Written Resolution did not meet the requirements of competitive fairness and sporting integrity, which I view as integral aspects of football."

lol

BBC Scotland headline that Hearts and Thistle lose and their case overturned. We pay for this shite.

If anybody wants to read the Judge's full comments then here's the link. Interestingly, he makes it clear this is not something for 'football people' to make a call on and wants someone of Judge/QC/Advocate level to head the tribunal because it involves a claim of 'unfair prejudice' and that is strictly a legal matter and subject to case law.

Of those people who thought the “out of the game” dig wouldn’t sit well with the judge, here ye go....

In my view, a further issue arises from a point made by Mr Moynihan QC on behalf of the SPFL about the disciplinary process and the potential sanctions applicable to SFA members. I was taken to the SFA’s Judicial Panel Protocol and shown a provision which applies where a member or an associated person takes a dispute, which is referable to arbitration in terms of Article 99, to a court of law, in circumstances other than those expressly provided by the terms of Article 99. The provision refers to penalties of up to £1,000,000 and/or suspension or termination of the club’s membership of the SFA being imposed if a court action is raised. In my opinion, the existence of that potential penalty (which includes expulsion or as Mr Moynihan put it, being put “out of the game”) is a factor which requires to be considered when analysing the lawfulness or otherwise of Article 99.15.

It seems it didn’t go down well at all, specifically mentioned and interesting overall comment on the SPFL/SFA threats via their “rules”.

I hope Hearts and Thistle have a plan B, C, and D.
If they haven’t discovered yet, there is no turning back now, and no giving up.They have few friends anymore, something we know all about!
They are now between that rock and a ‘heart’ place.

There will be no justice in their own country, there is no stomach for judges to really get into this.This case needs to go to CAS.End of.
Where’s James Anderson and co. when you really need him?

Lord Clarke seems to have made an exception in this case. Looks as if he thought that Hearts were in the right but needed to go through all the motions so that the SPFL don't have any legal reason to appeal.

Is the judge's decision to allow Hearts/Partick to appeal in court the arbitration decision?

Where did you read about this?

Because it's massive.

The BBC and the tabloids will already be spinning it as Hearts and Thistle " losing ", when there's a lot of mileage in this corruption left to run.

Losing....is it over?
No.
This needs to go the full distance, and hopefully will!

My understanding, unless it has changed recently, is that it will be three man Independent Panel from a list of former judges held by the SFA. Hearts/Thistle and the SPFL get to nominate one person each. The 2 nominated then decide between them who the 3rd person from the list will be. If they cannot reach agreement, it goes back to the SFA and either Maxwell or Mulraney chooses the 3rd panel member from the list.

In the words of Hugh Keevins, if Rangers select who performs an Independent Investigation, how can it be independent?"

did I not see above that the judge threw out the sfa list ? Prob end up with 1 hearts, 1 sfa and 1 not on the sfa list but not picked by hearts

If you read section 18, the same way I do - the judge has sympathy with the open court solution but is bound by law to grant the sist and arbitration instead. It’s really not a glowing endorsement of the SPFL position, is it?

I’m still working through it, but that bit stuck out to me.

yep like our famous EBT tax case

outer house court of session
Inner house court of session
Supreme Court

how many years did that take to finish ? 6/7

Maybe the IT Savy can comment but how can they give this list if they have been deleted ? How do hearts and the panel know they haven’t handed 98 over but deleted 2 and that’s the ones that catch them out

Back