Ready For A Revolution - New Club Crest

I like it and understand the concept. Football and club seem a wee bit close together but I'll get used to that. Looks good.

Last edited:
I like both the badge and font. The website is cleaner and easier to navigate than the incumbent.

The club are modernising and refreshing the brand to take us forward. I see no issues with it. 2022 will be great with all the Sesquicentennial celebrations.

It’s really not that hard to grasp is it if you’re honest with yourself.

The previous badge was professional looking and sharp whereas this one looks like it’s been rehashed on word-art by a 12 year old.

like I said that’s my opinion from looking at it and first impressions, if people can’t handle that then fair enough.

people are allowed to voice their opinions.

So one of these looks professional and sharp and one looks like a 12-year-old's word-art? That's not an opinion, that's talking utter bullshît for the sake of it.

Everyone will have their preferences here. Some will prefer the older version, some will say the change was unnecessary – all valid opinions. '12-year-old rehashed word-art' and 'awful/terrible' are not valid opinions in the context of how slight the changes are.

0JBSQkl.jpg

So one of these looks professional and sharp and one looks like a 12-year-old's word-art? That's not an opinion, that's talking utter bullshît for the sake of it.

Everyone will have their preferences here. Some will prefer the older version, some will say the change was unnecessary – all valid opinions. '12-year-old rehashed word-art' and 'awful/terrible' are not valid opinions in the context of how slight the changes are.

0JBSQkl.jpg

Jesus Christ. You’re picture completely proves my point. I stand by my opinion.

I'm not a fan but I'm sure it will grow on me.

Looks very "young" and the football club part at the bottom triggers my OCD lol.

Some people just moan like fukc.
Probably prefer original.
But as I've already said I like it .
It's not a drastic change.
When I worked for Diageo they updated the "walking man " logo on our work wear .Some lucky fecker was paid lots of money to design it. What he did was to have the man walking in the opposite direction. He said the old logo the man was walking back, whereas the new one was walking forward. Lotta push,but hay ho.

Couldn’t believe it when I seen the new badge. What age is the person who designed it ? 10? Whoever is responsible should be told to leave and to shut the door on there way out , horrendous

Is it bad that I can’t tell whether this is sarcasm or not?

Not sure on the placement of 'footballclub' for me it needs more spacing. I do like the updated lion, it certainly has a cleaner, defined outline.

Either way if it's allowing the club to move forward and shed some of the baggage we have had to put up with this last few years i'm all for it.

I'm not fussed, looks more brighter to me and clearer but not that much of a change, that said, if it were me, considering what it was to that...I wouldn't have bothered putting in the time.

I like it. I think it looks sharper and think having Rangers be the most prominent work across the top makes sense.

Some folks would be better saving their ire for the return of the match day threads imo. The transition to the new look is not exactly radical is it, looks more like a freshening up to me.

They projected the badge over landmarks in Glasgow last night. Someone uploaded to FB.

Brilliant from media team.

Last edited:
Reduce the font size and the word spacing and you’ve got a good badge. Really concerning how little they involve the fans in decisions like this

We pay marketing people for a reason, may as well get rid if we are just going to straw poll the support every time a decision needs made.

Also you will barely find two fans in our support who will agree what day of the week it is so I’m not convinced heavily involving the fans in these kind of issues would achieve much.

Why couldn't they have given 4/5 options as a poll for mygers members and given us like a week or 2 weeks to vote on a new logo surely that would have been a top incentive for the fans and a huge reason for even more to sign up for the scheme.

I'm not signed up to mygers (yet), if there had been vote on a new logo I would have signed up right away.

It’s hardly ground breaking changes but a slight improvement. A couple of the old crests would have been better and Move the rangers name to the top on one of those.

We pay marketing people for a reason, may as well get rid if we are just going to straw poll the support every time a decision needs made.

Also you will barely find two fans in our support who will agree what day of the week it is so I’m not convinced heavily involving the fans in these kind of issues would achieve much.
You pay “marketing people” to give the fans what they want and giving that’s what I do for a living I find it concerning that they aren’t getting any feedback at all from the fans. Customer feedback isn’t gospel but it is a fundamental part in reducing the risk when making large changes like this.

Why couldn't they have given 4/5 options as a poll for mygers members and given us like a week or 2 weeks to vote on a new logo surely that would have been a top incentive for the fans and a huge reason for even more to sign up for the scheme.

I'm not signed up to mygers (yet), if there had been vote on a new logo I would have signed up right away.
Because there woukd have been the same amount of moaning from the folk who's favourite didn't get selected.

Some folk really do enjoy being ragin at something, anything.

There is no tradition being lost in his change, the font was very 80s/90s and needed an update. This looks much sharper.

Absolutely love it. Was overdue some modernisation, obviously not everyone will be happy but I think they have done a great job.

It’s hardly the juventus change, bit of tidying up and I’m betting the changes to the football make vectors simpler for branding at small and large sizes. If we’re going to keep the fonts then I’d want to see them consistent throughout our comms though, not for all copy but for titles and the like?

You pay “marketing people” to give the fans what they want and giving that’s what I do for a living I find it concerning that they aren’t getting any feedback at all from the fans. Customer feedback isn’t gospel but it is a fundamental part in reducing the risk when making large changes like this.
Pretty sure they say in one of the emails that there was a consultation with the fans, and I've read a mod on here mention he was part of a club focus group for something (can't remember what) recently.

Great point.

I would have given such a vote to just season ticket holders. But they’ve gone ahead with it anyway so we don’t get a say.

Non-plussed.
There was nothing wrong with the 'old' one, and 'new' one is only minor changes.

I'm more worried that we spent money on something unnecessary for minimal impact.

Really like it. Modern and sharp but retaining a historic element. Perfect to sum up what we want Rangers to be going forward. All part of establishing the next period of Rangers.

Back