Friendly v Hamilton Today - Updates and Info in here

Great we’re back playing again. No doubt a bit of rustiness going by the number of chances we failed to convert, but I’m sure that will improve.

A little concerning so many missed out due to injury. Especially since we haven’t been playing. I wonder if they are injuries caused by lack of activity? I think that’s something we need to be very wary of
Check out the video below. There’s been a significant rise in the number of injuries for leagues that have restarted.
We’re probably the same given full contact has only been allowed for a week or so

Can't remember the poster but someone said Alfredo was that far behind in fitness he wouldn't be considered for Aberdeen game.

Think today shows different if he was that far behind he wouldn't have been involved today imo

Sun are reporting the team(s) as

Rangers:
McLaughlin, Tavernier, Goldson, Bassey, Barisic, Arfield, Kamara, Aribo, Hagi, Defoe, Kent.

Subs : Firth, McCrorie, Mayo, Edmundson, Middleton, Docherty, Barjonas, Stewart, Murphy, Jones, Morelos.

Assuming it was 4-3-3 as listed with complete change at halftime?

Middleton third choice left back? McCrorie backup for the right?

Sun are reporting the team(s) as

Rangers:
McLaughlin, Tavernier, Goldson, Bassey, Barisic, Arfield, Kamara, Aribo, Hagi, Defoe, Kent.

Subs : Firth, McCrorie, Mayo, Edmundson, Middleton, Docherty, Barjonas, Stewart, Murphy, Jones, Morelos.

Assuming it was 4-3-3 as listed with complete change at halftime?

Middleton third choice left back? McCrorie backup for the right?

Wouldn't read too much into that. Patterson being injured will have affected the McCrorie choice, as has Helander with regards Middleton.

Just a good way to get those two playing.

Any news about the Helander knock? Is it minor? Do we expect him to be fit in 3 weeks. Would expect Goldson and Helander to be the CB partnership if he is fit. Sounds like young Bassey gave a good account of himself, do we think he will be used as CB if Helander injured

I’m not sure that was a penalty. Decent, can tell we are lacking sharpness. Nice touches from Murphy, Hagi and Kent. Good to see quite a few different players involved.

Any news about the Helander knock? Is it minor? Do we expect him to be fit in 3 weeks. Would expect Goldson and Helander to be the CB partnership if he is fit. Sounds like young Bassey gave a good account of himself, do we think he will be used as CB if Helander injured

No, Yes, Yes, but he's not in the Europa League squad, unless UEFA allow us to add him in. Yes

Press campaign on Alfie is ramping up already.
Sad thing is, it is not even the press saying that kind of thing. A poster on here declared Alfie as missing the start of the season, in a running group on his own, over a stone overweight and showing a terrible attitude. Some might be true, it might all be bullshit, but he certainly does not look out of the picture or a huge mess in the pictures posted so-far.

That guy might be a little embarrassed today, you would like to think?

Sad thing is, it is not even the press saying that kind of thing. A poster on here declared Alfie as missing the start of the season, in a running group on his own, over a stone overweight and showing a terrible attitude. Some might be true, it might all be bullshit, but he certainly does not look out of the picture or a huge mess in the pictures posted so-far.

That guy might be a little embarrassed today, you would like to think?

It was me and why would I be embarrassed he is miles away from fitness only got 45mins today and was blowing. He is a stone overweight and even GM said he had a “ knock” .

Let’s see come Aberdeen if he starts!

Only Davis and Jack available for France from those who missed out today according to Gerrard in the post match.

Where are the posters who said Morelos had no chance of being fit for day one?

Wonder if Alfredo starts the season as number 1 from the spot kicks (don't know if Tav was still on the pitch at time of penalty)?

i.e. The team have been waiting on an opportunity for a fresh start in that respect and this, the new season, provides that.
Honestly thought Hagi would be on the pens this season. Had a good record at his last club.

he is way out of shape just look at him mate.
Rangers_v_Hamilton_Friendly_Morelos_Penalty_15.JPG

He doesn't look "way out of shape" to me.

Exactly the club are trying to get him in shape he is way out of shape just look at him mate.

Lagging behind everyone but hey listen time will tell so let’s see what happens.
They all played short games because the club is trying to get them all in shape :D

It was the first pre-season game ffs.

He looks absolutely fine and you are simply sticking to your guns in the face of evidence.

No chance was that a pen btw :D. Some cross for Bassey's goal and he took it well. Few big chances missed and we should have scored a few, the amount of chances we miss is shocking. Would be good if we could watcn the 90 minutes.

Who needs enemies when you have our own fans, embarrassing some of the comments directed towards Alfie.

Back