Hearts/Partick Thistle SFA Charge (Notice of Complaint)

The SFA have little to do with the Arbitration. They supply a list of potential panel members - in excess of 50 to choose from I believe - and each side gets to pick 1 panel member. The two selected then sit down together and choose the Chair of the panel.

The Court have also steered them towards the panel members being experienced in Law, rather than 'football people'.

Seeing as the arbitration is under the SPFL/SFA articles of association it’s not a good look for the SFA, especially with Doncaster on a SFA committee (I know technically he will not be involved in this NOC)

I wonder how the Lord from the other week would view these developments?

Last edited:
I hope that there's some background discussion about a breakaway. Part of me doesn't really GAF about the other clubs any more, we provided them with an opportunity to blow it wide open a few weeks ago and the majority of them shat the bed.

But the whole thing stinks so badly now that I would love to see us and whoever else is with us tell them to ram it and look at some sort of breakaway provision (cue biscuit puns). I genuinely don't think it's fixable with the current fuckers in charge, and they don't really look like going anywhere soon.

It will be good to see blue ribands on the league trophy again :))

When is the rest of Scottish Football going to wake up and challenge the cabal.
You don't have to be a fan of thistle or hearts to see this is intimidation and totally wrong.
The cabal are clearly shiting it that thistle and hearts win their case,no relegation therefore no champions and the scum are stripped of the title they were awarded at the zoom conference.Its time for a no confidence vote on the SPFL and SFA board.

Rangers silence is disappointingly deafening.

This is primarily Hearts' and Thistle's fight, but I would assume that we are looking at it closely.

People sometimes need to remind themselves what Rangers are really able to do legally ... and no, I have no clue either. Just taking the SPFL to court is apparently not an option?

Got a funny feeling that's why we backed down.

The behaviour and conduct of the SPFL and now the SFA is disgraceful.

Blatant corruption.

We didn’t take the SPFL to court so we can’t be charged like HMFC or PTFC.

They’d have to come up with some other trumped-up charges.

I hope that there's some background discussion about a breakaway. Part of me doesn't really GAF about the other clubs any more, we provided them with an opportunity to blow it wide open a few weeks ago and the majority of them shat the bed.

But the whole thing stinks so badly now that I would love to see us and whoever else is with us tell them to ram it and look at some sort of breakaway provision (cue biscuit puns). I genuinely don't think it's fixable with the current fuckers in charge, and they don't really look like going anywhere soon.

No European football would mean this is an absolute non-starter.

Unsurprising in this daft arse bizzaro footballing world that is Scottish Football.

I go in every single season wanting to win the title, goes without saying. But I want next years title, and doubt I've wanted anything more. I want it as a big brazen middle finger to the authorities who govern football in this country, Celtic (although that's two cheeks of the same arse) and the rest of their arselickers and hangers on. Their kid on pursuit of a non existent 10 means nothing to me in the slightest. I just want it as a get it up ye and for our supporters who have had to deal with this for at least the best part of 12 years.

The SFA have little to do with the Arbitration. They supply a list of potential panel members - in excess of 50 to choose from I believe - and each side gets to pick 1 panel member. The two selected then sit down together and choose the Chair of the panel.

The Court have also steered them towards the panel members being experienced in Law, rather than 'football people'.

So Rod McKenzie and 2 mates from the Groin Brigade.

Sure. But they could have avoided it. I'm just not convinced as most on here are that Mrs Budge is as brilliant and clever as they think.

She’s not. She’s played the odds & the fact that the Lord specifically flagged up the legality of this type of action from the SFA suggests to me that it’s the SFA that’s on shaky ground here, not Hearts or Thistle.

Look, they could have filed a complaint about SPFL chairman Neil Doncaster, of course he would recuse himself and would go and ask for SFA board member Neil Doncaster to arbitrate what information should be shared with the clubs and what the possible outcomes should be.

Should the clubs have any issue with the fair arbitration of Neil Doncaster into the charges against Neil Doncaster (who are, legally speaking, seperate entities) they could go and take a grievance to UEFA's "Control, Ethics and Disciplinary body" where board member Neil Doncaster would be willing to take a balanced approach to the charges levied against Neil Doncaster.

Of course, if UEFA's Neil Doncaster found the charge to be contemptuous he could levy sanctions, as arbitration would have failed due to the actions of the clubs, SFA board member Neil Doncaster may wish to levy charges too and should those two bodies find charges to bring against the complainants, SPFL's Neil Doncaster may wish to bring additional charges for their actions.

What's the problem guys? Why did you decide to go to court instead of using the official channels? This is a totally, 100% legit operation and not a mob outfit!

Look, they could have filed a complaint about SPFL chairman Neil Doncaster, of course he would recuse himself and would go and ask for SFA board member Neil Doncaster to arbitrate what information should be shared with the clubs and what the possible outcomes should be.

Should the clubs have any issue with the fair arbitration of Neil Doncaster into the charges against Neil Doncaster (who are, legally speaking, seperate entities) they could go and take a grievance to UEFA's "Control, Ethics and Disciplinary body" where board member Neil Doncaster would be willing to take a balanced approach to the charges levied against Neil Doncaster.

Of course, if UEFA's Neil Doncaster found the charge to be contemptuous he could levy sanctions, as arbitration would have failed due to the actions of the clubs, SFA board member Neil Doncaster may wish to levy charges too and should those two bodies find charges to bring against the complainants, SPFL's Neil Doncaster may wish to bring additional charges for their actions.

What's the problem guys? Why did you decide to go to court instead of using the official channels? This is a totally, 100% legit operation and not a mob outfit!

Very good :))

I'm content with it. I'd like to think we are backing them privately and tbf our dossier will be a huge peice of evidence.

Totally agree with the clubs position here. It would distract the momentum from Hearts and Partick Thistle. Some folk on here just don’t see the Bigger Picture. Feck if we are not releasing a statement they are not happy. Leave it to the Big Boys.

She’s not. She’s played the odds & the fact that the Lord specifically flagged up the legality of this type of action from the SFA suggests to me that it’s the SFA that’s on shaky ground here, not Hearts or Thistle.

It seems extremely foolhardy of the SFA given Lord Clark's comments on the legality of this type of SFA clause due to the potential sanctions being so draconian.

It does seem a bit of a 'panic stations' move by the SFA (let's face it, on behalf of the SPFL).

I am sure the SPFL/SFA wish to keep the whole matter out of court but it seems to me it could have the opposite effect.

Mental.

It seems extremely foolhardy of the SFA given Lord Clark's comments on the legality of this type of SFA clause due to the potential sanctions being so draconian.

It does seem a bit of a 'panic stations' move by the SFA (let's face it, on behalf of the SPFL).

I am sure the SPFL/SFA wish to keep the whole matter out of court but it seems to me it could have the opposite effect.

Mental.
Yes it’s a big card . But then again you can always try it then back down afterwards. That s what will happen imo .

Post of the seasons . Brilliant .

Wowser. The SFA might just have stepped over a line. Lord Clark, in his legal Opinion, stated the following :-

"I was taken to the SFA’s Judicial Panel Protocol and shown a provision which applies where a member or an associated person takes a dispute, which is referable to arbitration in terms of Article 99, to a court of law, in circumstances other than those expressly provided by the terms of Article 99. The provision refers to penalties of up to £1,000,000 and/or suspension or termination of the club’s membership of the SFA being imposed if a court action is raised. In my opinion, the existence of that potential penalty (which includes expulsion or as Mr Moynihan put it, being put “out of the game”) is a factor which requires to be considered when analysing the lawfulness or otherwise of Article 99.15"

My reading of that is he was not impressed with a clause that disciplines clubs for seeking legal redress. I think his meaning was clear - the existance of this disciplinary clause may invalidate Clause 99.15, the clause used to force Hearts and Thistle to go down the arbitration route. It was that clause, together with the allegations of breaches in company law, that convinced Lord Clark to require 3 legal panelists.

Feels like the SFA trying to influence the arbitration before it's started by formally and publicly making it known that Hearts and Partick Thistle broke the rules and are in the wrong. This perception they're trying to create wont work with the lawyers, just the media but I guess that's their audience anyway to influence the public along with the other member clubs.
Like fudging a vote?

Yet another bully Bhoy tactic from the SFA

Hearts & Thistle will have Lord Clarke comments behind them re the SFA rules etc

Also the timing surely is not fair given both clubs are just starting arbitration to try and resolve the dispute without Lord Clarke making a judgement in law

Wish Rangers or Sheep would raise a vote of no confidence in both Doncaster and Maxwell after their letter to UEFA prior to the original vote to end the league but conveniently want to complete the Scottish Cup

Both governing bodies are a corrupt shambles run by Lieswell and McKenzie behind the scenes

The SFA appointed the members on the arbitration panel and are now taking action against the clubs, they are meant to be overseeing the arbitration process so surely only a court of law can deal fairly with this now.

This is just a bullying tactic by the SFA.

It's absolutely disgraceful how the SPFL and SFA conduct themselves.
I really hope PT and Hearts gets this back in a court as soon as possible its the only way now they have a chance of getting justice the SFA have outed themselves.
They don’t appoint the panel, they get to choose 1 of the 3. Why do people keep repeating misinformation

Got a funny feeling that's why we backed down.

The behaviour and conduct of the SPFL and now the SFA is disgraceful.

Blatant corruption.
We didn’t ”back down“ we went the distance and our fellow member clubs voted against our motion.
Too many people on here keep going on an on about mad actions that would only lead to us being humiliated by the Cabal.
We are only one voice out of 42, we have built up a bit of a base now with 12 clubs voting with us. It’s the fence sitters we need to win over.

Back