£9.99 for PPV for home League matches on Rangers TV

Well done Rangers!

Is it a leap to say with 45,000+ season ticket holders already paid up and the ability to offer unlimited PPVs for a match at £10 a pop, we could well be making more than we would with fans at the match anyway? Considering we don’t have to pay massive stewarding and policing costs etc.

They shouldn't have bought a season ticket then.

We all knew exactly what we were signing up for.

In fairness to the guy making the point we didn't know that the same product would be provided for 25-40% of what we paid for part of the season that's played BCD.

It's a difficult one. I understand the need to increase revenue but I can also understand how a family of 4 that's paying £100-ish per game for their tickets might feel aggrieved that they could've got the same access to a stream for £10 - especially when money is tight for many.

I genuinely don’t understand people who renewed their season ticket then moan about how they’re not getting to games and paying too much etc...

Surely anyone with a brain cell knew the risk and was renewing knowing they wouldn’t get their money’s worth?

That last bit is a cheap fucking shot mate. Read some of the posts and try to see where folk are coming from.

40,000+ renewed in the knowledge that we might not set foot in Ibrox all season. That’s called loyalty, by most people’s standards.

As for ‘money’s worth’ - the club are happy today saying that the games are ‘worth’ a tenner. Unless you’ve already shown loyalty and commitment, in which case they are worth £36...

I paid for a season ticket

How much is it costing me per game to watch RTV? More than a tenner anyway that's for sure.

We bought our season tickets with eyes wide open, some people couldn’t afford them due to the current circumstances, if people who are struggling get to see games for a bit cheaper than those who can afford a season ticket then I don’t see what the issue is.

I’m surprised it’s as low as it is, but I certainly don’t grudge people the chance to see the games.

I genuinely don’t understand people who renewed their season ticket then moan about how they’re not getting to games and paying too much etc...

Surely anyone with a brain cell knew the risk and was renewing knowing they wouldn’t get their money’s worth?

You must be new to the internet and espcially Rangers social media.

Moan, moan moan, moan moan, moan moan, moan, wee bit of joy for about 24 hours then moan, moan moan, moan moan, moan moan, moan moan, moan :D

Imagine if someone told you at the start of the year you could watch 2 Rangers games at Ibrox on the telly for the price of 1 game at Livi.

a tenner is a good price point. its cheap enough that i'd hope the majority of people will pay to watch it instead of illegally streaming.

I don’t know about anyone else but I renewed even though there is an actual chance I may not be allowed into a game at all this season or very little of them, but I still signed up regardless of this. I knew the price and paid it anyway. £9.99 for joe public is a fair price

same mate - but I can see why some people will be less than happy about (as this thread has shown) due to circumstances with Covid some folk really struggled to justify and pay a season ticket (thankfully I worked throughout)

Can see both sides to this as an ST holder.

I paid £700 for my ST so even with the 2 friendlies that works out about £33 a game, but it’s far from a like for like comparison as I get to keep my seat for when we can go back to games which will hopefully be sooner rather than later.

Everyone rightly scoffed at £20 Livi were charging for individual match access so a difficult balance for the club to strike. The price they are charging is low enough that we should make decent cash out of it.

i know its a long shot and probably impossible. but i'd love it if this lead to rangers withdrawing rights to the spfl / sky and having our own dedicated service. it would be so much more lucrative for us.

In fairness to the guy making the point we didn't know that the same product would be provided for 25-40% of what we paid for part of the season that's played BCD.

It's a difficult one. I understand the need to increase revenue but I can also understand how a family of 4 that's paying £100-ish per game for their tickets might feel aggrieved that they could've got the same access to a stream for £10 - especially when money is tight for many.
As I said previously, you were always able to buy a virtual season ticket for £240 plus a VPN, it works out about £5 per game.

We all renewed in the knowledge we weren’t getting value for money this year at all.

It would be nice if the club somehow recognised that after things get back to normal (not sure how but something), however it is what it is. No complaints from this bear.

From the website

An option to purchase matches via pay-per-view for Away Supporters and Non-Season Ticket holders both in the UK and Internationally will be offered at £9.99 per match.

Away supporters are the away fans of the club we are playing

So no VPN required?

Just remember when timothy squeals "How kin yooze afford (insert name of latest signing) ? Yooz ur goin intae admin again etc, Sevcoooo howl etc ..." be sure to thank them for all the Rangers TV home games they'll be purchasing to fund these signings ;)

The issue is if we don’t get full houses back at Ibrox by the touted October date, this is going to cause major issues and will likely result in partial season ticket holder refunds. Season ticket holders can’t be expected to pay a premium and be disadvantaged over non season ticket holders for a sustained period of time.

The fact the test events have been pushed back doesn’t particularly bode well.

For those moaning. You have 2 options.

- Renew your season ticket. The club brings in good players and keeps the quality players we have.
- Dont renew your season ticket. Buy each game as they come. Sell our good players to balance the books and replace with lesser quality players.

What would you rather?

The issue is if we don’t get full houses back at Ibrox by the touted October date, this is going to cause major issues and will likely result in partial season ticket holder refunds. Season ticket holders can’t be expected to pay a premium and be disadvantaged over non season ticket holders for a sustained period of time.

The fact the test events have been pushed back doesn’t particularly bode well.
Not a chance. We all knew what we were signing up to. If we dont renew, how do you think the club even begins to kick off the season without going bankrupt?

I take it that Rangers TV will not be hosting any away games this season for fans abroad like they always have (excluding europe), meaning they will have to pay the corresponding club the fee instead?

You used to be able to buy a monthly package on the site, but that appears to have disappeared.

That's a great price. I dont object to paying less than a tenner. Had it been £25 or similar then I'd have been looking for a stream with the club getting nowt. I'm sure i wouldn't have been the only one.

"
You can shove the" Nobody forced you to renew"right up your backside.
Being a supporter obliges you to renew but getting the piss extracted from you is not on.
Being a supporter obliges you to renew under normal circumstances. This isn’t normal.

Explain how you are getting the piss extracted from you? Is your seat guaranteed when we get back - yes

are you getting to see the games - yes

would you rather the club charged non season ticket holders £20-£25 p/g?

as I’ve said we’ve bought a seat not PPV. We could be back in a few months and you’ll be sitting in your seat and the non season ticket holders well, won’t be.

I take it that Rangers TV will not be hosting any away games this season for fans abroad like they always have (excluding europe), meaning they will have to pay the corresponding club the fee instead?

You used to be able to buy a monthly package on the site, but that appears to have disappeared.

All games home and away except European game where it is blocked are available outside UK/ROI

There is no change to that agreement

Think you can only buy the annual overseas subscription now

That last bit is a cheap fucking shot mate. Read some of the posts and try to see where folk are coming from.

40,000+ renewed in the knowledge that we might not set foot in Ibrox all season. That’s called loyalty, by most people’s standards.

As for ‘money’s worth’ - the club are happy today saying that the games are ‘worth’ a tenner. Unless you’ve already shown loyalty and commitment, in which case they are worth £36...

So your logic is charge people 30 odd quid ppv which no one would even buy and have the club lose money because you decided without any force or pressure to renew?

We pay that much money because it secures us a seat in Ibrox, there’s a good chance people without one will not get to see a game for about a year or so while season ticket holders will be given opportunity to go when crowds open back up.

Season ticket holders knew what they were signing up for. There has never been anything mentioned by the club regarding a time scale of supporters being able to attend matches.

Would many season ticket holders want a refund? I’d imagine most see the bigger picture.

All games home and away except European game where it is blocked are available outside UK/ROI

There is no change to that agreement

Think you can only buy the annual overseas subscription now
That's a bit shit then, I used to buy it on a monthly basis when needed and used VPN. Stumping up the full upfront is not going to happen in this current climate.

Was ideal if we had more away games than home.

I'm struggling to see the 'anger' on here from some ST holders who think they are getting hard done by. Rangers are giving us the opportunity to watch our games from our living rooms at no cost, £9.99 for those walk up fans. We bought our STs in the assumption we wouldnt get in to see the early stages of the league. Anybody who thought otherwise is just plain daft.

Did you really want Rangers to say, we will only allow ST holders to watch our home games?

I bought my ST to, in a way, protect my seat for better times. As an overseas Bear I am used to paying to watch us play. £5.99, then £6.99, then now £9.99 ppv (weirdly past friendlies cost more to watch). Initially I bought my ST to be in the TC, so perhaps was fortunate then that had spare cash to give to the Club, although my seat was always used.

But £9.99 from 10,000 obsessed tims desperate to see us lose is a big bonus ;)

And in October / November when your back at Ibrox with your season ticket this offer won’t be available and the only way to watch the home game will be with your season ticket
Maybe maybe not hospitality will get first dibs there will be no full capacity at Ibrox in 2020

Fact chief medical officers are already suggesting that when the kids go back to school some released lockdown measures will be reintroduced

Considering large gatherings are not even approved in partial amounts will suggest that it will be limited capacity for s period to assess the data and number of spikes particularly with flu season coming.

We need to be at least be wary that we might not get into a game this year. If we do great but reality is at the moment we won't

Back