£9.99 for PPV for home League matches on Rangers TV

Very surprised its a a cheap as £10, should generate good bit of cash for the cub I hope. I hope ST holders are recompensed somehow though - more than a match preview and a digital program.

Its fucking mental. We pay 500-700, board members pay £8-10m. Yet posters accuse the club of being deceitful and liars. Its fucking mins boggling. The same people complaining about this are the same people in transfer threads asking for 6 new first team players.
You could say it is the same people everytime who think Rangers can do no wrong.
P. S.
I'd be looking for 7 new players. :p

Here's an alternative, whilst BCD continues, how about people on the waiting list donate an extra £25 a game for the PPV then, to demonstrate their loyalty and support the club?

No, I'm not being serious. But that's the corollary of your comment right there.

Except the obvious difference is that season ticket holders still have a seat when fans are allowed back. Some people have been waiting for years now and are more than willing to pay if it means they have a seat.

9.99 for ppv is brilliant. honestly thought the club would rip it yet again but a tenner would probably stop a lot of people using iptv or dodgy links especially now seeing what rangers have put in to RTV. i completely understand any ST holder that is a bit annoyed or even angry at the pricing as they have paid way more than that to watch the same stream... hopefully fans will be allowed back in sooner and later and ST holders will get their moneys worth in the end

Except the obvious difference is that season ticket holders still have a seat when fans are allowed back. Some people have been waiting for years now and are more than willing to pay if it means they have a seat.
You did see the first sentence...?

From the website

An option to purchase matches via pay-per-view for Away Supporters and Non-Season Ticket holders both in the UK and Internationally will be offered at £9.99 per match.

Away supporters are the away fans of the club we are playing
Excellent! Happy with this. Don’t want to get a stream or sky if I can give to the club first! Well done Rangers!

Eh? Missing something here.
Everyone will be watching the same stream. The club are asking some fans to pay 2 or 3 times more than others for the same product. Before this morning the value of the stream was the same as a normal match day ticket, now it isn't

can you get ppv if u just have basic rangers tv package ? im season ticket holder but i know few oldies who whould love it and its affordable for them to see the gers on telly

Everyone will be watching the same stream. The club are asking some fans to pay 2 or 3 times more than others for the same product. Before this morning the value of the stream was the same as a normal match day ticket, now it isn't
Where do you get that logic from?

Not that I would ever want anyone to miss out on watching Rangers but I can totally sympathise with people who are potentially paying for 3/4 season tickets in a household with absolutely no gaurentee of getting to any games this year never mind this season while being undercut by the club to watch the game.

It doesn't affect me to much as i pay for 1 season ticket and I cannot offer a better solution than what is on offer but i can see why people are annoyed.

Supply and demand pal
I don't disagree, just think that the demand for match streams will be high and we could go higher than 10 quid a game. Just to be clear, I have zero issues with the club bringing in money and saw that this could bring in additional revenue, I think the club could have a fairer pricing system

What really amazes me is all the negativity about ST holders paying more than some of our 'casual ' fans
but no one whinging about away fans getting it cheaper than ST holders
There you are something else to moan about

Where do you get that logic from?

4/5 people in a household might have a season ticket yet are all watching the games on the same TV - it is a tricky situation.

The counter argument of course is I can have as many mates and family around as i want to watch games that I get through my season ticket - something clearly you cant do in the stadium.

If you bought a season ticket like me all you paid for was chance of maybe, maybe getting to your seat this season, that's it, nothing else.

Anything else we get is a bonus, a freebie due to that virus. Tuck your petted lip in and get on with it.

This 'situation' is not slap in the face of fans, it's fantastically price due to our massive fans base. Going to attract alot more of the 'ill maybe watch' group at £9.99 that £25.

Haha nice one on trying to make it a Tav bashing thread. How about we say it's the difference between keeping players like Morelos, Hagi, Kent or Aribo and replacing them with Cosgrove, Curtis Main or any other jobbers? The point has clearly went above your head mate.
So are you happy to have Tav as a captain , are you happy to have him at right back ?

Sorry, but season ticket holders have a legitimate reason to be annoyed by that price.

No matter how true it is that the club will make more money from selling the games that cheaply, it's unfair as it stands.

I'm not too bothered by it personally, but can absolutely see why people are. Paying full price for a season ticket, feeling guilted into not applying for a refund, having MyGers pushed as nigh-on a requirement given how it all works, then seeing the service you'll receive being sold for so much less? People are allowed to be annoyed by that, regardless of the positives that it brings.

I bought the Abergreen game on Saturday and could only get fookin Audio did not get to see the game at all on RTV. It is not the first time that it has happened, about time the got their act together.
That game would have been an audio only option for any UK subs. If you have the season pass for non UK subs, you could watch it live.

Are you a non UK sub? If not, I don't see how it can be Rangers fault when all the Away fixtures currently showing here are Live Audio only.

@Gazb1962 EVERY stream on the internet is delayed by about a minute from live so using that to claim its 'legal' is just bollocks. You are watching 'illegal' streams - though many would argue otherwise - and your post is probably best edited before you cop a ban. You've been around here long enough to know that my man.

Had to read that point about three times before I believed anyone could've been thick enough to write it in the first place.

Genuine full-on stupidity/naivety to actually be convinced that you can get around copyright laws by delaying streaming by one minute.

However, I'm sure there are a great many people actually conned into believing they are not breaking the law by stuff like this.

Recompensed for what exactly? Did we get what we signed up for? Yes we did

It is what it is but don’t pretend we’ve spent £500+ on STs to watch on tv. Around renewal time a large proportion of people would’ve imagined we’d have been getting into the stadium much sooner

The latest chat I’ve seen on here is potentially 2021 with partial crowds, never mind full capacity. There’ll be thousands who scraped £ together for a ST to keep their seats, thinking they’d maybe miss out on half the games etc

Let’s not pretend 40k+ all renewed in the knowledge that we’d be paying to watch games through Rangers TV. Guarantee renewal numbers would’ve been lower if ST holders knew the chances of getting to games is as slim as we know it is now/they could get access to the games for £15 less than their ST would work out at

No there not asking that at all, they offered a chance to buy a season ticket for Ibrox, which you said yes to.

Access to games via RTV is a thank you for that, not a devine cost calculated right

Your trying to compare apples and orange here.

Had to read that point about three times before I believed anyone could've been thick enough to write it in the first place.

Genuine full-on stupidity/naivety to actually be convinced that you can get around copyright laws by delaying streaming by one minute.

However, I'm sure there are a great many people actually conned into believing they are not breaking the law by stuff like this.
In the past people would try and sell it to the Pubs, some bought and ended up with £5/£10K fines

ST holders never paid for PPV though we paid for a seat so the club aren’t asking us to pay 2-3 times more for the same product. When we get back we will have a seat. Non ST holders won’t.

No there not asking that at all, they offered a chance to buy a season ticket for Ibrox, which you said yes to.

Access to games via RTV is thank you for that, not a devine cost calculated right

Your trying to compare apples and orange here.
Those apples will look like oranges on Sunday though

That’s a fantastic price for non ST fans. A real incentive to buy in for each game.

Whether it’s a good deal for the club is hard to say without knowing what it costs to produce and stream a game.

If you bought a season ticket like me all you paid for was chance of maybe, maybe getting to your seat this season, that's it, nothing else.

Anything else we get is a bonus, a freebie due to that virus. Tuck your petted lip in and get on with it.

This 'situation' is not slap in the face of fans, it's fantastically price due to our massive fans base. Going to attract alot more of the 'ill maybe watch' group at £9.99 that £25.
Exactly. If you renewed this year, as me and my old man did, in reality we are essentially funding the club, knowing fine well going to Ibrox before 2021 is unlikely. And frankly have no issue with the PPV. It's a revenue generator for the club, allows those who cannot afford or make games closer to the team. Well done Rangers

It is what it is but don’t pretend we’ve spent £500+ on STs to watch on tv. Around renewal time a large proportion of people would’ve imagined we’d have been getting into the stadium much sooner

The latest chat I’ve seen on here is potentially 2021 with partial crowds, never mind full capacity. There’ll be thousands who scraped £ together for a ST to keep their seats, thinking they’d maybe miss out on half the games etc

Let’s not pretend 40k+ all renewed in the knowledge that we’d be paying to watch games through Rangers TV. Guarantee renewal numbers would’ve been lower if ST holders knew the chances of getting to games is as slim as we know it is now/they could get access to the games for £15 less than their ST would work out at

Having heard some complaints and comments to that effect already, I think you're right.

I saw my season ticket as an investment in the team this season, thinking I wouldn't be at a game until about February. I don't think everyone should have seen it that way though. Rangers were extremely lucky to have the loyalty and passion from the fan base they received. Believing they haven't done enough to reward that is a position you can make a decent argument for.

ST holders never paid for PPV though we paid for a seat so the club aren’t asking us to pay 2-3 times more for the same product. When we get back we will have a seat. Non ST holders won’t.
The announcement about RTV access to home games came out before the renewal period ended so some fans were paying PPV at that point (albeit only for the interim period while it's all BCD). Once fans are back in then yes, the match day experience is different and should be reflected in the price

I’ll be paying for our home games a tenner is good value. My bt sport is due to run out in sept so they will be binned and I’ll be no worse off and the club will get my money instead.

Back