£9.99 for PPV for home League matches on Rangers TV

As a season ticket holder, I don’t have any objection to paying full whack given the club benefit. However, if they don’t offer even a token gesture to season ticket holders it will be a little annoying. I didn’t claim the £25 voucher from last season as the gesture from the club was all I needed to recognise the extra cash we’ve put into the club.

I wonder how much people who are moaning about this estimate we spend weekly as a club on wages and player acquisitions? Do you think we would have the squad we do if we all paid a 10r a week? :))

As a season ticket holder, I don’t have any objection to paying full whack given the club benefit. However, if they don’t offer even a token gesture to season ticket holders it will be a little annoying. I didn’t claim the £25 voucher from last season as the gesture from the club was all I needed to recognise the extra cash we’ve put into the club.
I knew what I was signing up for when buying it and therefore dont expect any gesture from the club.

Being a supporter obliges you to renew under normal circumstances. This isn’t normal.

Explain how you are getting the piss extracted from you? Is your seat guaranteed when we get back - yes

are you getting to see the games - yes

would you rather the club charged non season ticket holders £20-£25 p/g?

as I’ve said we’ve bought a seat not PPV. We could be back in a few months and you’ll be sitting in your seat and the non season ticket holders well, won’t be.
We could be back in a few months but then again...
I'm not against the PPV price but it should be recognised that ST holders are paying a double penalty.

Last edited:
So your logic is charge people 30 odd quid ppv which no one would even buy and have the club lose money because you decided without any force or pressure to renew?

We pay that much money because it secures us a seat in Ibrox, there’s a good chance people without one will not get to see a game for about a year or so while season ticket holders will be given opportunity to go when crowds open back up.
In other words you didn't actually read my earlier post... I've already said I think the £10 is a good price point.

And of course there's pressure to renew, that's a stupid statement. Don't renew this season then you wave bye bye to your ST for the next X number of years. That's the reality.

Anyway, I'll leave this here, there's no point trying to get into a debate with someone who has decided what people think or have said without actually reading their comments.

I knew what I was getting when I renewed my ST, nothing has changed and I am happy with my choice.
I am glad the Club is maximizing the possibility of more income. The Club should not be giving anything to existing ST holders as that would negate any positives from this initiative

I genuinely don’t understand people who renewed their season ticket then moan about how they’re not getting to games and paying too much etc...

Surely anyone with a brain cell knew the risk and was renewing knowing they wouldn’t get their money’s worth?

Some seems to want non-ST holders frozen out of the streams to make themselves feel better.

not in here but in fb etc

I knew what I was getting when I renewed my ST, nothing has changed and I am happy with my choice.
I am glad the Club is maximizing the possibility of more income. The Club should not be giving anything to existing ST holders as that would negate any positives from this initiative
As an aside Robert is there options for RSCs, pubs etc to buy home games under a commercial arrangement?

With all due respect, most clubs don't have almost a full capacity purely due to season ticket holders.

We could only sell around 2k tickets for games at £25+ due volume of season ticket holders.

We will easily get 10k plus purchases at £9.99 a go. Wouldnt get near that if it was £25.

No one would argue that the £10 PPV is a good price for non ST holders but surprised that you cannot see that it is a slap in the face to ST holders who are paying upwards of £25 per game for the same game on their tv.

Maybe monthly draw for signed shirts or hospitality package when everything is back to normal (whenever that may be)

No one would argue that the £10 PPV is a good price for non ST holders but surprised that you cannot see that it is a slap in the face to ST holders who are paying upwards of £25 per game for the same game on their tv.
I certainly don't feel as if I have been ' slapped in the face' by the Club, maybe we should have a poll.
Do you as an ST holder feel cheated or short-changed?
Do you as an ST holder glad the Club are maximising our income?
Would you not have renewed your ST if you knew about this option?
Would be interesting to see the result.
Everyone has their own opinion

In normal circumstances st holders get a cheaper ticket than those who attend game to game. That cant happen for just access to watch a game. Season tickets have secured their seat and will get in as soon as the governments say so. The moaning on here is unbelievable. £10 is also good for other teams who want to pay to watch their teams.

We could be back in a few months but then again...
I'm not against the PPV price but it should be recognised that ST holders are paying a double penalty.
We’re not though? We haven’t bought PPV we’ve bought our seats. PPV has been given to us. Non ST holders don’t have a seat and have to pay to watch on PPV.

What do you suggest the club do to make it fair in your eyes? Genuine question I’m interested.

Reactions: VGM
Great stuff from Rangers :))

The season ticket holders who are moaning, feel free to sell your ticket to someone on the waiting list. There are plenty of folk willing to pay for that no bother despite it costing more.

Here's an alternative, whilst BCD continues, how about people on the waiting list donate an extra £25 a game for the PPV then, to demonstrate their loyalty and support the club?

No, I'm not being serious. But that's the corollary of your comment right there.

I understand where you’re coming from but season tickets were primarily renewed as a gesture of support for the club in these uncertain times, not as a RTV subscription.

Is there any way to purchase the Leverkusen game on RTV? I'm a ST holder with Rangers TV but wasn't sure if it was only available for those overseas. Thanks in advance!

I certainly don't feel as if I have been ' slapped in the face' by the Club, maybe we should have a poll.
Would the club lose out financially by offering the full RTV packaged to ST whilst BCD is continuing, Robert?

I've said before in this thread that I think the £10 is fine. For me the issue is just a bit of recognition that relatively speaking there are 40,000 people who are paying a massive amount more for exactly the same product as PPV fans will be. For me something like the full RTV access would be a decent sweetener and I really struggle to see how that would cost the club much at all actually.

It will be interesting to see how the narrative shifts as this progresses too. Just now it seems to be "you'll have your seat as soon as fans are back" (well, a % of us might have, there's no way we're seeing 50,000 at Ibrox any time in the foreseeable, possibly even this season)... if the season plays out without many fans then the comment will be "you're paying to reserve your seat for next season"... well, yes, but it's not a debenture scheme. Should fans on the waiting list be asked to pay money every year to reserve their right to buy an ST when one comes up? Of course not, that's ridiculous. But it's fundamentally the same argument if you really drill down into it.

My final comment would be it would be nice to hear something from the club - even just words - recognising the inequities of things here. Even if it's just to the effect of "sorry, we know its not perfect, but this is what we're going to do, hang in there with us please". But then we know communication is not always our strong suit (and that is not a dig at Greg, who I think does a good job).

Did you have a crystal ball to see the PPV prices?
I didn't need one.

We're paying for tickets we can't use so the PPV price is completely irrelevant.

Every stand is a different price but we all watch the same game.

Is there any way to purchase the Leverkusen game on RTV? I'm a ST holder with Rangers TV but wasn't sure if it was only available for those overseas. Thanks in advance!
Nope, that will not be on rtv live.

From the website

An option to purchase matches via pay-per-view for Away Supporters and Non-Season Ticket holders both in the UK and Internationally will be offered at £9.99 per match.

Away supporters are the away fans of the club we are playing
I bought the Abergreen game on Saturday and could only get fookin Audio did not get to see the game at all on RTV. It is not the first time that it has happened, about time the got their act together.

I bought this year’s season tickets in full knowledge that I may not be able to attend any games this season due to restrictions so therefore no gripes from me.
But should the restrictions still be in place at next season’s renewal deadline I will need to reconsider if I could maintain paying for games that I have next to no chance of attending for 2 years on the trot.
I consider myself a Rangers supporter but even blind loyalty has its limits to the financial support I can give by continuing to pay nearly 2 thousand pounds for 3 season tickets each year without being able to attend games.
A year or more watching all the games by ppv May in the long run force some to reconsider their position on season tickets

Purchased my 2 season tickets again this year despite the uncertainty of whether we’ll get back into Ibrox this season and didn’t take any refund on last seasons because I couldn’t go through 2012 again.

Not everyone is in the same position and each will have to cut their cloth accordingly with this unprecedented situation, but personally 2012 played a HUGE part in my decision to give our club my money with - potentially - minimal games, if any.

We’re not though? We haven’t bought PPV we’ve bought our seats. PPV has been given to us. Non ST holders don’t have a seat and have to pay to watch on PPV.

What do you suggest the club do to make it fair in your eyes? Genuine question I’m interested.
Offer a free stadium tour or a small discount off certain items of merchandise.
I wouldn't be looking for any rebate or offer on the full difference on pricing.
A token offer would go down well.

Is one of the arguments for justifying the 10 quid per game really that our fans would watch illegally if they were asked to pay the same as ST holders are paying?

I wonder how much people who are moaning about this estimate we spend weekly as a club on wages and player acquisitions? Do you think we would have the squad we do if we all paid a 10r a week? :))
Yeah we might not be able to pay for a captain who is a liability and comes out in the matchday programme telling us all that the team don’t like it when teams make life difficult

Yeah we might not be able to pay for a captain who is a liability and comes out in the matchday programme telling us all that the team don’t like it when teams make life difficult
Haha nice one on trying to make it a Tav bashing thread. How about we say it's the difference between keeping players like Morelos, Hagi, Kent or Aribo and replacing them with Cosgrove, Curtis Main or any other jobbers? The point has clearly went above your head mate.

Given PPV games are £10 and ST holders are basically paying approx £25 or so per game, it seems a tad unfair

Would like to think the club will give something more to ST holders to compensate but won’t hold my breathe

Given PPV games are £10 and ST holders are basically paying approx £25 or so per game, it seems a tad unfair

Would like to think the club will give something more to ST holders to compensate but won’t hold my breathe
We've already had 2 friendlies thrown in

It really should be 25 quid across the board. A lot of people taking the concerns of ST holders personally on here. Some even trying to accuse the folk who put in significant money (at a time when we know we won't be inside) as wanting to take money away from the club which is a tad bizarre

Seems an excellent initiative from the club in my opinion. Fair price that could result in a significant and much needed revenue stream vs fans heading for the alternative streaming options. Some still will of course.

And I say that as a season ticket holder who is paying more for my season ticket this year than last as I got a move from a £492 seat in the Enclosure to a £724 seat in Govan Rear. So I'm definitely paying more per game this season but for me a season ticket is a far longer term commitment vs just looking at this season. I bought it fully aware that I may not get in to Ibrox for some time this season, so no complaints from me on the PPV pricing, I think it's a sensible move from the club.

The club will compensate us by bridging any financial gap this year, last year it was £10m and it could be the same again. Shocking behaviour from the board.

What do you want Rangers to do? Its not their fault we cant attend. Just maybe they will freeze ST prices next year but charge new folk 10% more.

The club will compensate us by bridging any financial gap this year, last year it was £10m and it could be the same again. Shocking behaviour from the board.
So why not charge everyone 25 quid per game and close the gap even quicker?

Back