Morelos No More and those short goal kicks

I thought he would either play a blinder because he was wanting to put himself in the shop window....

Or he’d not have a great game because I think his deal will go through in the next few days but it was agreed he’d play. Of course, he’s not going to want to get injured...

They gave us a lesson in keeping the ball. A big reality check for where we are at. Our midfield were really poor first half.

Yeah they made the pitch big and made our whole team spectators.

Players like Jack and Davis are totally redundant in a game like that you need ball carriers.

He was schooled by superb centre halfs nothing else, the team was schooled by players that were better and don't give the ball away under pressure.
They did not accept a tackle they played the ball to beat there man and used the space better than us and they were a lot faster in thought and play

He's going no where. He's quite clearly out of shape, his body fat % appears to be much higher than it should be. No one in their right mind would pay big money for him at the moment.

Morelos looked worse than everyone else but it was like they knew the tie was over & they had no chance. Only Barisic & McGregor got pass marks really & even then, Borna didn't look anywhere near his best either.

We have to concentrate on getting a good bit of money for him now

It’s clear he’s no longer interested

Looks unfit
Overweight
Sluggish
First touch has been woeful
Composure has been woeful throughout all of pre season

Get rid

Thank god for his group stage performances as any team judging him solely in 2020 wouldn’t pay anymore than £2m for him

1 goal in his last 14 games. Only goal in 2020 was in a 4-1 win against Hamilton in the cup.

We’re going to struggle to get full value from any buying club.

It was clear with the through ball in the first half that Morelos lost out on he is short of the fitness he had last season.

He's not the first player and won't be the last whose career at a club grinds slowly to a halt as he wants a move.

But it needs put to bed once and for all. The uncertainty is unfair on both parties and I don't care what anyone else says, this is not the same Morelos we are watching currently. His head is elsewhere and he shouldn't be playing.

Get his agent told - "This is our price, don't bother us until you've got someone to meet it."

Telling his agent a price doesn’t help Rangers though does it?

We can hardly “send him to the reserves” after ballsouting the thick end of 8 mill.

The only issue is that the two we’ve brought in might not be up to speed with rest of squad.

But, it’s at stage he needs to go as soon as possible.

I think he'll be away before the game on Sunday. I think the deal is already done. He's turned into a passenger.

Absolutely no way should Alfie play on Sunday, his head is elsewhere, we need fully committed players every league game this year. Itten MUST start, no brainer

Just the normal I see

We are where are because of him if he goes he goes if he doesn't he does need to get back into the right space physically and mentally.

I will say he's just had a kid and mentally he won't be all there as well add that to the transfer talk.

The thing is they were a better side much better side he couldn't get near the defenders nothing was coming to him our midfield were just covering space and defending.

We need to remember this.

Looked like a repeat performance of the Morelos post January.

You can tell he's not interested and his head is elsewhere.

Gerrard didn't acknowledge him as he went off that said it all to me.

We have two brand new strikers in waiting to go time to focus our efforts on them.

As for Morelos well you know where the door is and the board should be doing everything to get as much money as possible and move him on to Lille or whoever the highest bidder is.

Roofe and Itten will be a couple of poor games away from this sort of lunacy. You read some amount of pish on here about conspiracy theories and the gutter press when the reality is that nobody is worse for slaughtering our club than the self proclaimed standard bearers in our support. Elements of our support are the best about but a minority are the worst supporters in the world.

Morelos has scored more goals in the Europa league group stage this year than Eduardo ( le French Boyd ) has since he joined Celtic in 2017

Scoring goals against Hamilton and St.mirren makeS you worth £30 million... lol

What a stat that blows his valuation right out the water
Who would you rather have as our striker?
Pains me to say I'd take Edouard any day of the week

if he wants a move to a bigger league, why would he be out of shape

doesn't make sense

He showed a complete lack of interest and more concerned with not getting injured.

He didn't get close to Kent and Barker to link the play (the little we had of the ball up top). The goal was case in point, you could see Kent was in difficulty so get close to him because you know the ball is going to break close to the tackle but he meanders over gets brushed off it again - just so poor.

Also we can't be playing out short like that from goal kicks - Leverkusen are pressing 4/5 men up - so knock it 40/50 yards and let's give them something to think about. I really like Gerrard but he needs to give some responsibility to McGregor there to call it like he sees it - always went short no variation.
I won’t argue with you regarding Morelos but we won’t be playing Leverkusen quality for a while so I think it’s more important to develop this further a not consider the long ball, the punt up the park, you suggest.
We need to do all we can to pull domestic teams out of their defensive shells and make the pitch as big as possible.

if he wants a move to a bigger league, why would he be out of shape

doesn't make sense

It doesn’t but he is clearly out of shape. He is carrying a pile of extra weight he didn’t have when he was banging goals in last year.

He was schooled by superb centre halfs nothing else, the team was schooled by players that were better and don't give the ball away under pressure.
Astounded that Tapsoba is only 21, that boy is going to go far. That's best backline Morelos has come up against.

Really!! His attitude to the game tonight, his contribution to the game tonight and his general lack of interest along with a honkin attitude towards it means the criticism is justified.. If either of the two new boys are fit I wouldn’t play him again.
Times are a changin...

I don't think tonight's game calls for much soul searching or analysis to be honest. One of those pretty straightforward cases of coming up against vastly superior players. Not much more to it really.

Shocking performance.

Horrific control.

Disinterested.

Out of shape.

Sell as soon as we possibly can.

Very sad to see things end this way and I appreciate everything he has done for us but this season is too important for this to continue much longer.

I wish him well and hope he gets the big move he clearly wants.

Back