Tim’s European Tie - What Happens?

Lemon said Tues but that would mean he was only away one night. This is the crux of the argument, if it was Thurs he returned then they would need to forefeit CL due to quarantine restrictions.

exactly. Tuesday would mean they are clear on the 14 day rule. Thursday on the other hand....

I bizarrely want the scum to get through to the champions league proper. With games likely to stay behind closed doors, UEFA not allowing “virtual season ticket” for them as BT won’t allow it as they want them to sign up to a £60+ a month.

Also, fixture jam ups. Get them running out of time, playing as many games in a short time as possible. Let’s see their fitness, that great asset, the 67 player squad and that perceived strength in depth.

The way I see it, it’s payback for 2008.

I would say questions have to be asked of nippy. It's 14 days quarantine. If it's 7 days, is this a punishment or for actual health reasons?

I bizarrely want the scum to get through to the champions league proper. With games likely to stay behind closed doors, UEFA not allowing “virtual season ticket” for them as BT won’t allow it as they want them to sign up to a £60+ a month.

Also, fixture jam ups. Get them running out of time, playing as many games in a short time as possible. Let’s see their fitness, that great asset, the 67 player squad and that perceived strength in depth.

Would you not rather they were knocked out of the CL qualifiers and ended up in the EL?

Wait for them to get turfed out by uefa then they’ll all be screaming that football matches/tournaments/titles should be won/lost on the pitch and not in a video call!

A big fück off karma slap on the chops!

No chance mate, they will still make a lot of cash for qualifying for the chamlions league.

Bizarre indeed

Isn't this protocol is designed for travel restrictions? There are currently no restrictions in place that would prevent the game being played in Scotland.
In terms of what Sturgeon said, that their games shouldn't be played this week, this will most likely be clarified to mean this weekend. She also left the decision making to football authorities, who will never stop this game from being played.
They'll dodge the bullet as always, and they should easily win the game.
However, I'm interested to know if anyone is aware of the restrictions placed on Celtic's training. Are Aberdeen currently training as normal? Not training could potentially affect their chances in the game.

Don't be too sure on that!

Have Celtic broke UEFA rules or our own domestic rules? We not it’s the latter, so it will be dealt with domestically. The game will go ahead.

I'm not so sure , did UEFA not warn clubs they would come down heavily on clubs regarding any incident which may affect other clubs domestically or in this case possible postponement of a European tie.apologies if I'm mistaken

I'm not so sure , did UEFA not warn clubs they would come down heavily on clubs regarding any incident which may affect other clubs domestically or in this case possible postponement of a European tie.apologies if I'm mistaken
I don’t know either, I’d say it’s a domestic issue. He’s definitely broke the rules of the Scot Gov, SFA/SPFL, unless they develop symptoms then UEFA will probably not bother, bearing in mind Doncaster is on their ethics committee!

I'm basing that on their decision making in the last 20 years that I remember.

Listen mate, we have to stop the paranoia and apply some logic. Whatever shit UEFA pulled over the last 20 years there wasn't a global health emergency on the brew.

If the SG shut down the country which means Celtic can't travel and play, they WILL get kicked out.

Champions league qualification could be the difference between them keeping Edouard or selling him. We want them to continue to downsize and struggle to pay for their bloated wage bill.

They won’t get chucked out of UEFA competition. It’ll be postponed once maybe twice and unless they can’t fulfil those nothing will happen. Won’t even be fined for having to move games.

SFA and SPFL will leave it down to internal disciplinary, and that’ll be that.

I think everyone should stop getting carried away.

And let’s hope the situation they’re in, doesn’t happen to us because one of our players decides to be stupid.

I genuinely can’t see any outcome apart from the games within the 14 day quarantine window being forfeited.

There is no logical argument for anything other than that.

They won’t get chucked out of UEFA competition. It’ll be postponed once maybe twice and unless they can’t fulfil those nothing will happen. Won’t even be fined for having to move games.

SFA and SPFL will leave it down to internal disciplinary, and that’ll be that.

I think everyone should stop getting carried away.

And let’s hope the situation they’re in, doesn’t happen to us because one of our players decides to be stupid.

AFAIK temporary UEFA rules are - if you cannot play it, you forfeit - no postponement

would they maybe switch venues to an away tie then it has %^*& all to do with the authorities in Scotland

if the Scottish Government are indeed enforcing quarantine rules
then they have to arrange a venue in a neutral country
but even assuming that they managed that - could they even travel?

Listen mate, we have to stop the paranoia and apply some logic. Whatever shit UEFA pulled over the last 20 years there wasn't a global health emergency on the brew.

If the SG shut down the country which means Celtic can't travel and play, they WILL get kicked out.
It would be the local authorities (SFA or Scottish Government) that could outlaw the game, not UEFA. They are allowing each country to play games if their national restrictions allow.

It's all wishful thinking but there are no confirmed cases at the gypsys. It will be down to government to allow a game to go-ahead if they are told to isolate. Obviously the Nats won't piss off their core voters. The game will go ahead.
Good, they will have match fitness issues then with a little bit of luck

It would be the local authorities (SFA or Scottish Government) that could outlaw the game, not UEFA. They are allowing each country to play games if their national restrictions allow.

yes and if they can't meet the European fixture, then UEFA will have them forfeit. That's what i said.

This should be the ultimate karma for the tainted title and the blatant corruption that led to it being awarded. Being kicked out the CL would be perfect justice for the non-champions.

Of course, they will wriggle out of it us usual thanks to their ‘friends’ at UEFA.

All depends on how long the tims have to quarantine.

If they ain't allowed to play thanks to Sturgeon and have to forfeit the tie then I think I will die laughing.

They have one of their people positioned high up at UEFA. So if they game was to be called void they would go through, probably on co efficient points.

Back