MOTM Poll Rangers v St Johnstone - 19:45 Wednesday - RangersTV

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
I’m totally the same. We are building momentum and have loads of reasons to be positive. Getting our noses in front already should build confidence. Would be good for Itten to get a goal and Roofe to get some minutes

same, especially now with the added incentive of putting some distance between us and them. Take the opportunity to give them something to think about. One game at a time though.

I arrived in Glasgow yesterday for family reasons.

Got to say it now feels very strange not to be planning my day around heading to Ibrox later. Still I will get the game on my VST at the house.

3points is the most important, but we need to lay down a marker too that shows we’re doing this for the long haul!

I've learnt over recent years to be cautious at moments when we can turn the screw, as inevitably the bottle has gone and we've dropped points. We should win comfortably, but I'm not getting ahead of myself because.

We better not %^*& this up

This is my overriding thought since yesterday. Excited, yes. Relishing it, yes. But a massive question mark still hanging over us. This is probably an even bigger test of the players' bottle than the last 2 January's. They need to show us they've got the baws for this. If we can't grasp this opportunity to build a huge points gap then my belief that we can win the league will be close to zero.

So far the results have been good and the performances solid enough. I’d really like to see them take it up a notch and start to put it all together. Aribo has not shown his pre-season form yet and Morelos has other gears to up, not to mention the new boys.

Talking to the guys in work, they think we will make a few changes, possibly Arfield/Davis and Jones coming in. Under normal circs I might agree, but I reckon we will be relatively unchanged due to the Celtic circs and the change to build some pressure on them.

On saying that, I'd like to see us line up like this
McLaughlin
Tav Goldson Balogun Barisic
Jack Aribo
Roofe Hagi Kent
Morelos

it'd be nice to put on a display tonight and score a barrel load but I'll take 3 points in any which way, it's absolutely essential we don't squander this opportunity to go 8 points clear in an already tightly packed scheduled season where the dregs of humanity already face 2 games minimum (due to last seasons Scottish cup continuing) and an added 2 game backlog thanks to Bolingoli. Thanks Boli.

I long for the days that the game is done by HT so we can start making some changes.

In reality though - any sort of victory will do.

Buzzing for this tonight.

Comfortable win and some game time for Roofe and/or Itten would be just the job.

Be great to get Alfie firing on all cylinders and get itten's account open tonight too.

Exciting times to be a bear

Talking to the guys in work, they think we will make a few changes, possibly Arfield/Davis and Jones coming in. Under normal circs I might agree, but I reckon we will be relatively unchanged due to the Celtic circs and the change to build some pressure on them.

McLaughlin
Jack Aribo
Roofe Hagi Kent
Morelos

Don't see any chance of that happening mate.

Jack and Kamara are key to our shut outs and the amount of chances we're creating.

Kamara is one of the first names on the team sheet at the moment, if fit.

Morelos, Itten, Roofe, Hagi and Kent will be fighting for 3 spots imo.

Don't see any chance of that happening mate.

Jack and Kamara are key to our shut outs and the amount of chances we're creating.

Kamara is one of the first names on the team sheet at the moment, if fit.

Morelos, Itten, Roofe, Hagi and Kent will be fighting for 3 spots imo.
I know how highly you think of the midfield 2. I am fully in agreement with you, but I feel with Livi at the weekend Kamara's ball retention will be better there and a wee break for him and giving someone else some game time tonight wouldn't harm us too much.

Think the players will have learned a great deal from last season I see us putting in an an absolute masterclass tonight and really hammering the Perth mob

I want goals galore tonight. I not only want Timothy staring at an 11 point gap, I want him shiting himself at our goal difference.

It'll be the same team starting as Sunday I reckon, they proved they can do it and until Itten and Roofe have more minutes in their legs I can't see them starting.... and to be completely fair to Alfie 2 goals and 2 assists is 100% involvement in our league goals, so he isn't being benched any time soon :)

I know how highly you think of the midfield 2. I am fully in agreement with you, but I feel with Livi at the weekend Kamara's ball retention will be better there and a wee break for him and giving someone else some game time tonight wouldn't harm us too much.

He never played in Germany mate and at this stage of the season, you are looking to get minutes into players, rather than resting them.

They're still building their physical and match fitness.

This thread is going to be a nightmare if it's still 0-0 in the 85th minute! Anyway, 4-0 and the march to 55 continues:)

Huge opportunity over the next week to really rack up the gap between us and them.

Just get the points on the board, Rangers.

In looking forward to the game and also the coverage on RTV.

Hopefully we don't make it difficult for ourselves and put in a convincing performance.

McLaughlin
Jack Aribo
Roofe Hagi Kent
Morelos
Couldn’t have named a better lineup up just there mate!

I'm looking forward to it too - calm heads and we'll get through. I think we are definitely getting there with performances.

Also an additional reason to look forward to it was the quality of the RTV programme. Thought that was great.

3 points any way we can get them will do me.

Hopefully the players are fully focused on tonight only and don’t let their minds start wandering to the bigger picture. Tonight will tell us a lot about the mentality of the squad.

Wonder what the changes will be that Gerrard referred to.

Would have said itten to start but how can you drop someone who just scored two goals.

Can see Davis coming in for Jack and got a bad feeling hagi or Kent will be dropped for barker.

Helander for Balogun maybe to get some more minutes in to his legs.

Back