Ryan Jack

10 touched and 10 seconds to play 99 percent of his passes sideways and was almost like a 3rd centre back

Absolutely nothing like McCall.

McCall was a far more dynamic player who always played at a higher tempo.

Jack gets the ball, looks about a bit and then plays it square, runs about a wee bit, gets it and again at repeats the first part.
McCall was surrounded by players making themselves free around him.
The problem today wasn't Ryan Jack, his game isn't about creating chances. Him and Kamara really get far more of the ball than we'd like in these games.
Perhaps the problem is the shape, no need for 2 holding midfielders.
We lack quality in the position ahead of Jack and Kamara too, especially when Aribo isn't there.

He comes back into the defensive line to take the ball off of either of the CB’s toes and then passes the ball to tav 10 yards away at most. When it gets to the edge of the box he’ll always play the easy/safe option which mostly back the way. Until we face up to the fact we need to upgrade on him, we’ll win nothing.

He comes back into the defensive line to take the ball off of either of the CB’s toes and then passes the ball to tav 10 yards away at most. When it gets to the edge of the box he’ll always play the easy/safe option which mostly back the way. Until we face up to the fact we need to upgrade on him, we’ll win nothing.
What did you think of Kamara and Arfield today?

Our problem is we never change our style they know that . They start working on it two weeks before they play us . One of these days he will or will he .

It’s not jack, or kamara. That’s the way the management team want them to play, the withdrawn holding negative negatives our management get off on.

you could put BarryFerguson in those tactics and it would still be the same. It’s horrific.

But you put Barry Ferguson in those tactics and he's still going to go hell for leather in driving the team forward.

It's a lot about mentality. Jack isn't a bad player at all. But he's not got the cold blooded instinct you need at this club.

An Aberdeen jobber. It’s what we laugh and snigger at the sheep at, but he’s exactly that.

He’s not consistent enough to be a first choice starter for us. He’s always a couple of seconds to slow to play that forward pass and it’s because it’s not natural to him which then means the attacking player receives the ball under more pressure than he should’ve been. Kamara should be the sitting midfielder and a box to box next to him. Ryan jack should be back up to Kamara.

Absolutely nothing like McCall.

McCall was a far more dynamic player who always played at a higher tempo.

Jack gets the ball, looks about a bit and then plays it square, runs about a wee bit, gets it again at repeats the first part.

mccall could pass a ball forward, had vision. Jack is useful dont get me wrong but has no vision. None what so ever. A great player if you want to make a 90 minute game into a 60 minute one. You lose 30 mins of the game with his vision. Always back to where you started and the opposition back in their roles. Struts about mind.

Piss poor and if this is a Kamara or Arfield thread I’ll say the exact same.
My problem with the midfield is actually in your original post.
Jack is expected to take the ball from the centre halfs, and is also expected to create all of our chances at the edge of the opposition box.
He should be doing the first part, Arfield should be doing the second part.
Kamara is also defensive minded, so it's not the players' fault that the system is forcing them to have too much of the ball in the final third.

Jack is fine in the holding role by himself but having both jack and kamara pass the ball sideways to each other all game was soul destroying.

Don’t think I’ve ever seen him break the lines with a through ball.
You've not watched him very often then.
He needs better around him, especially where Arfield played today, well I think he played there, he didnt do anything game though.

Been banging on about him for months. In certain games he’s useful but he is SO over rated it’s unreal. Offers nothing in games like today as he’s not good enough on the ball or aggressive enough. I’d happily see him sold and never play for us again. Top players aren’t inconsistent and Jack is as inconsistent as they come.

Been here 4 years and won nothing and has contributed to that.

There is a reason he hasn’t even threatened to break into the Scotland midfield. The manager and a lot of supporters have a real blind spot towards him.

We’ll never win anything with him in midfield

What did any other player do to impact our performance??
I think you should be more concerned with Morelos, Kent and Hagi.

He's a defensive midfielder ffs.

This threads about Ryan Jack - I’ll answer the question, he did nothing to positively impact our performance today.

The others you name did nothing either. Kent at least tried to make things happen but we need more.

Ryan Jack does the simple things well. Tries hard to win the ball back when things get tough. He improved as a player under Gerrard. However, that's where the compliment ends. In games where we have the majority of possession, his pedestrian like side way passes or the occasional drive up the field that ending up in misplaced 5 yard passes is the reason that he isn't the answer. Many more issues than Jack alone today but since there is a thread on him, I put my thoughts down.

Honest question who’s the best team in the UK Ryan jack would get a start for? He’s massively over rated on this forum I’ve never seen it

A very good player in SPL terms but for me he isn’t of the required quality to be playing a vital role in the middle of the pitch for a Rangers side attempting to win leagues. We’re upgrading other positions in the team season on season and for me, CM is where money is needing spent.

Aside from a good half season last year where he looked like the driving force from midfield that we've needed for years, has been a completely average midfielder for us his full time here and offers nothing to our team other than slowing the game down and passing sideways. Kamara is alot better at that job so having jack along side him is completely pointless and Jack is the first name on that teamsheet that needs replaced with a good box to box midfielder who gives us drive and energy.
He's ineffective. I've never understood the desire to have him as captain. He is no more inspiring than Tav and that's saying something.

He was very good for the first few months of last season and hasn’t threatened to get anywhere near close to that since.

He’s tidy but not much else. Seems to have lost his dig and even seems to be giving the ball away frequently which he didn’t do in the past.

This threads about Ryan Jack - I’ll answer the question, he did nothing to positively impact our performance today.

The others you name did nothing either. Kent at least tried to make things happen but we need more.

So, what do you expect from a defensive midfielder??
Seriously some of you are fu.ckin mental.

Today's draw has more to do with our supposed attacking players.

He had 1 forward pass, ie towards goal. And it set up a chance. This is our problem area. Vision from midfield. Kamara is tidy on the ball, we need another with a football brain and can open teams up from this area of the park.
Agreed can't keep playing the same type of player in midfield against teams like Livi they don't create anything for us.

Ive always been complimentary to how he's actually improved since he joined.

But he's peaked now. And isn't good enough for us. Far too pedestrian.

The mentally challengeds midfield is where their extra goals come from and taking that as a comparison jack won't hit anywhere near 19 this season.

So with 2 defensive midfielders against teams that sit and and let us have 80percent plus possession are empty shirts in terms of contribution to goals and numbers.

Id punt him asap. Major work needed in that area and Gerrard being the type of player he was surely needs to see that!
I wouldn’t punt him. Good squad player but I feel it is time for an upgrade.

He’s not the right player for a game like that, offered us nothing.

Hagi was that play but ordered nothing. Maybe the issue here is the players in front of him that are supposed to be doing that, aren't. He's there as a sitting midfielders. Hes much better driving forward as we seen last season that the OP alluded to.

Hagi was that play but ordered nothing. Maybe the issue here is the players in front of him that are supposed to be doing that, aren't. He's there as a sitting midfielders. Hes much better driving forward as we seen last season that the OP alluded to.
Maybe play Hagi in a deeper role and allow him to break forward

Reactions: TPP
Back