Ryan Jack

Prefer Jack over Kamara, but we need to find a driving midfielder who can also hit a shot. Both Jack and Kamara should be ashamed of their shooting ability.

Agree with the lack of shooting. It’s a criminal weakness in our armoury.

Ryan Jack is a good player and has been a good player ever since he stepped in the door at Ibrox. All these lazy arguments about him being an Aberdeen player are bizarre.

Was Kevin Thomson a Hibs level player? Goram? Miller? Naismith and Boyd, Kilmarnock? Canigga a Dundee level player? Etc etc etc.

Jack and Kamara do as they are asked by the management. They sit and guard the defence while recycling possession. The players themselves are not the issue. The issue is the system when playing against teams who refuse to cross the halfway line.

But you put Barry Ferguson in those tactics and he's still going to go hell for leather in driving the team forward.

It's a lot about mentality. Jack isn't a bad player at all. But he's not got the cold blooded instinct you need at this club.

watch Gerrards interview, he was happy with them and praised their control of the game he doesn’t see it. They did exactly what was asked of them. The tactics this year are two midfielders withdrawn to cover the fullbacks and stay deep.

once again he doesn’t get the gap between midfield and the front players. He doesn’t get why having 4 forward focused players don’t win the game between them, even when they have 8 players right on top of them.

he doesn’t get why it’s so important in the league the central midfielders run beyond the forward players. I’ve been saying this for 2 years. The same way I said after 6 games we had to sack Pedro and the worst thing we do was give him money. And still people couldn’t see it.

i tell you exactly what Ferguson would have done on that pitch today. The same way he reacted to PLG a lot of you pissed your pants about. He would have said %^*& this pish broke the instruction and moved forward more centrally and driven the game. He would have been going tonto at this management team.

Gerrard kept both jack and kamara on because he was following the instructions to a tee.

Prefer Jack over Kamara, but we need to find a driving midfielder who can also hit a shot. Both Jack and Kamara should be ashamed of their shooting ability.

again, you could have Gascogne in that midfield and if he was following the instructions wouldn’t have made a difference today. It’s not the players. They are not hiding. They are specifically delivering the tactics asked of them.

Not sure I completely agree.
Not giving the ball away and looking tidy is great, but when you are taking 3 touches and passing 40 yards back to Goldson every second time you get the ball, it doesn't help break down a side like Livi.
The way Livi defend we struggle to break them down. We could do with another midfielder like Aribo to help us.
Just shows how people view games differently. I thought he was abysmal and gave the ball away continuously
If you could suffer it again then watch it back.

I'll ask the question once again.

Do any of the critics understand " defensive midfielder".

The only one's to blame today are our attacking players.

RYAN JACK IS NOT A GOOD PLAYER.
Lost count of how many times I've said that on here. At best he's an average Aberdeen player on the downward spiral. He offers little in the attack, has poor control and the weakest shooting I've ever seen. The default setting is to turn back or pass sideways, irrespective of whats going on up front, against Livingstone that is indefensible.

The usual suspects defend him all you want but if Rangers fans want trophies, they will not be won with Ryan Jack in the team, the jersey is just too big.

His name pops up on here far too often. Splits opinion (admittedly including my own from game to game). At the sheep (et al) you can have a successful career by occasionally punching above your weight.

This is Rangers.

Sideways and back passes just about sums up his game.
The constant back passes were putting pressure on Goldson to start attacking moves and resulted in him driving the ball forward. Ryan Jack looks composed on the ball, but the negative pass is his downfall. Jack and Kamara should be driving forward to allow the forwards more scope, as defenders will have to commit, rather than wait for the long ball to come in. Time for Gerrard to step-up as having a quality striker is pointless if you cannot create opportunities for him.

The small minority defending him are either drunk or have seriously impaired vision, he was dreadful today.
He constantly passes to the side, there is no pace at all on those passes so invariably his team mate has to check his run and wait on the ball and don’t even get me started on him passes straight to an opposition player a couple times.

I could stand there and stroke the ball square across the park and play short passes, back and forward to the defence. That's not what we're looking for in a centre mid though. He's supposed to be the engine of the team. On current performance, we'd be lucky to make it up a moderate hill.

Every dropped point is Rayn Jack's fault for some on here. Far from out worst performer today. I would say he was the best player on the park in the first half.

The manager sits and watches him slowly recycle the ball, occasionally we get a run across the pitch with the ball to play a three-yarder to the man he could have passed to five seconds earlier.
Jack is what he is, I blame the manager.

The small minority defending him are either drunk or have seriously impaired vision, he was dreadful today.
He constantly passes to the side, there is no pace at all on those passes so invariably his team mate has to check his run and wait on the ball and don’t even get me started on him passes straight to an opposition player a couple times.

There's a difference between defending him and saying the reason we didn't score is more the fault of the players in the team paid well to create and score.

You, seriously know absolutely fu.ck all about football.
Obviously!!

He's the equivalent of Ian Murray, someone to have in the squad in case there's injuries but we're not winning a title with him as the driving force of the midfield.
Too slow, too safe, too predictable.

Exactly. Would struggle to get on the bench in the title winning sides I've seen in the past. The fact people were clamouring to hold him up as anything beyond squad player status for us has always baffled me. He's like a Scott Brown with less talent.

Exactly. Would struggle to get on the bench in the title winning sides I've seen in the past. The fact people were clamouring to hold him up as anything beyond squad player status for us has always baffled me. He's like a Scott Brown with less talent.

You know hee haw.
Why mention your mongo hero??

You know hee haw.
Why mention your mongo hero??

Because he does the same job in the same position for our biggest rivals and if we want to win the title we need players that are superior, not inferior. Jack spent a decade for Aberdeen winning next to nothing. He's not a winner. Crying after the League Cup final summed him up.

??

he slowed play down by putting himself in a position and pass a pass on that could have went direct in the 1st place. Simple passing- yes, creative no

His job is not to be creative. It’s to allow the creative players licence to stay high up the park. He got the ball to the creative players plenty and then didn’t do enough with it. That’s no Jack’s fault, these threads are tiresome and generally just full of nonsense written by folk that don’t seem to get you don’t play football with 11 forwards.

His job is not to be creative. It’s to allow the creative players licence to stay high up the park. He got the ball to the creative players plenty and then didn’t do enough with it. That’s no Jack’s fault, these threads are tiresome and generally just full of nonsense written by folk that don’t seem to get you don’t play football with 11 forwards.

His job was to pass forward? Did he do that? We were the offensive team.

Running/Jogging back taking a pass from Defence and passing sideways is not the standard from a midfielder of Rangers. You expect more. Dont get me wrong he may have been told to do as such.

In the last 3 years Ryan Jack has played in (and been a big part of) the vast majority of terrible domestic results we have had.

He goes into hiding when we have lots of the ball and we need something to happen. He is incapable of driving the team forward and shows not leadership on the park. He can’t grab a game by the scruff of the neck and can’t dictate the tempo of a game when we need him to.

In short, he’s not good enough and while calling him a loser may seem harsh, he certainly isn’t a winner. In his 3 years here, he’s won nothing.

He’s not rated highly by anyone outside the Rangers bubble. He can’t get near the Scotland midfield and there won’t be any teams interested in buying him. There’s a reason for that...

I'll ask the question once again.

Do any of the critics understand " defensive midfielder".

The only one's to blame today are our attacking players.
Explain why the centre backs (they play in defence, behind the defensive midfielder) played better, more dangerous passes than Ryan Jack today, on numerous occasions, and actually ended up driving further up the park bypassing him and his limitations.

I think Ryan jack used Hermes to deliver most of his passes. Only half of them got there.

Because he does the same job in the same position for our biggest rivals and if we want to win the title we need players that are superior, not inferior. Jack spent a decade for Aberdeen winning next to nothing. He's not a winner. Crying after the League Cup final summed him up.

I'll tell you what, you're a fu.ckin idiot.
Crying after the league cup final?
Maybe because he was hurting about being cheated by a mentally challenged ref.
But you know better eh??

His job was to pass forward? Did he do that? We were the offensive team.

Running/Jogging back taking a pass from Defence and passing sideways is not the standard from a midfielder of Rangers. You expect more.

He did actually yeah. Plenty of passes forwards to Kent, Hagi, Arfield, Morelos, Tav and Barisic. That’s his job, get it from defenders, give it to attackers.

Explain why the centre backs (they play in defence, behind the defensive midfielder) played better, more dangerous passes than Ryan Jack today, on numerous occasions, and actually ended up driving further up the park bypassing him and his limitations.

I'll ask again.
What dangerous passes do you want or expect from a defensive midfielder??

It's not really his job to create, he's a holding midfielder, a Stuart McCall type.
If we keep playing 2 holding midfielders we'll struggle to create much from midfield.
The biggest problem is that behind Aribo, we have absolutely noting in front of Jack and Kamara.

McCall was world class for 2 seasons and drove forward as well as being a 1 man tackling machine they are nothing like each other.

I do agree though he played as he was told to just about the same as Lego does for the Scum he suits playing further forward.

I'll ask again.
What dangerous passes do you want or expect from a defensive midfielder??
Plenty when they need to. The same as any decent midfielder, defensive or not, in the world plays.

Failing that, turn the ball over quickly to the better players screaming for the ball. Don’t take 4/5/6 touches to play a poor pass and slow the game down.

He did actually yeah. Plenty of passes forwards to Kent, Hagi, Arfield, Morelos, Tav and Barisic. That’s his job, get it from defenders, give it to attackers.

You seen a different game from me. From his position I saw 1 noticeable pass that was toward the oppositions penalty box. Everything else was angled or side passing. Nothing direct where the opposition goals are. Despite having numbers in this area.

We lack pace, aggression, physicality and someone willing and able to hit a shot from distance in midfield.

Jack isn't bad, neither is Kamara but we need something extra.

Plenty when they need to. The same as any decent midfielder, defensive or not, in the world plays.

Failing that, turn the ball over quickly to the better players screaming for the ball. Don’t take 4/5/6 touches to play a poor pass and slow the game down.

Fair enough.
What's your replacement??

Fair enough.
What's your replacement??
No idea what our budget is in all honesty so I’m not wanting to fling a fantasy name out there. But for what its worth Zungu is far and away better than Jack on the ball. Shame he is a sick note.

That’s my point, we have enough creative players in there, I’m not expecting Jack to be up in the 10 position flicking it round the corner but I do expect him, from that position, to dictate tempo and start our attack which on too many occasions including today neither him or Kamara ever do.

It’s unacceptable to me to have our centre half’s running 20 yards into midfield with the ball past Jack and Kamara who are static as both Goldson and Helander did today.

I want a Rangers midfielder to dictate games from that position. Today Ryan Jack failed to do that.

No idea what our budget is in all honesty so I’m not wanting to fling a fantasy name out there. But for what its worth Zungu is far and away better than Jack on the ball. Shame he is a sick note.

we have spent big money in all areas of the park apart from CM and it shows. Kamara is a great player dont get me wrong but our midfield becomes limited when tied with Jack or another great player in Davis. We need something different. Someone who can run with the ball, see a pass, scores maybe a dozen goals a season and is offensive in play. We have had this sort before. CM dont have to get a nose bleed after the halfway line.

That’s my point, we have enough creative players in there, I’m not expecting Jack to be up in the 10 position flicking it round the corner but I do expect him, from that position, to dictate tempo and start our attack which on too many occasions including today neither him or Kamara ever do.

It’s unacceptable to me to have our centre half’s running 20 yards into midfield with the ball past Jack and Kamara who are static as both Goldson and Helander did today.

I want a Rangers midfielder to dictate games from that position. Today Ryan Jack failed to do that.

Must have had most passes, most pass completions yet never bar 1 I recall set up an offensive route to goal.

With respect.
How the fu.ck do you know that. :))

You seen a different game from me. From his position I saw 1 noticeable pass that was toward the oppositions penalty box. Everything else was angled or side passing. Nothing direct where the opposition goals are. Despite having numbers in this area.

I think you should watch it again.

Hes rank rotten .

Absolutely nonsense. He is limited for the role given and the team hes playing. Rank rotten? FFS we have them on here for sure. He is a valuable player when asked to perform a role against certain teams. Having 80% of possession against a team of defenders and he is nullified.

He is a good player and that is it. I like him but he is not suited to play in the Scottish League for us when teams sit in.

And I say likewise, apart from1 episode. How many defence splitting passes or set up passes did he make today? I say one when he played it forward. His only time I recall.

he’s not meant to be splitting the defence. His job is to give it to those that are supposed to do that. He’s playing deep vs. a packed defence without space behind. He played one ball, I think to Arfield that was over the top and behind but also cycled it plenty to Barisic and Tav which the way the team is set up to play. Played it to Morelos’ feet and into Kent and Hagi on numerous occasions too.

Back