Non Rangers Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Upamecano will be some signing
If I was Man City id be doing all I could to bet Utd to his signature instead of going for Koulibally Upamacano and Laporte would be a terrific pairing that could last 5-10 years for them but Koulibally is a great centre half but is a fair bit older I'd argue Upamacano fits their style better also

imagine being a newcastle fan

On the verge of minted owners (a requirment to do anything in the EPL) and now they are trying to swap dud for dud

Must be torture
They are apparently close to bringing in Ryan Fraser as well, according to Daily Telegraph.

Ritchie is quite popular amongst the support and it's Bournemouth that want him back rather than Newcastle suggesting they use Ritchie as a makeweight.

It's never good when you are picking up players from a relegated team to be important to your plans the following season.

FSG seem content with where they are. Not prepared to fork out €30m for a top 3 midfielder in the world in Thiago & not giving Klopp the funds to buy quality backups in the forward areas. Astonishing arrogance. Liverpool are really going to regret not capitalising on their period of dominance in 10 years time.
I hope that Liverpool fail this year. Their fans arrogance will be delightful to see crushed. Plus Andy Robertson is a pain in the arse. I say this as someone who wanted them to win it.

They are apparently close to bringing in Ryan Fraser as well, according to Daily Telegraph.

Ritchie is quite popular amongst the support and it's Bournemouth that want him back rather than Newcastle suggesting they use Ritchie as a makeweight.

It's never good when you are picking up players from a relegated team to be important to your plans the following season.
Ritchie is actually quite a useful player for them and I quite enjoyed watching him when I was down

It’s will not win the title under Solksjaer or with anything resembling their current squad.
They are building a very talented squad of young players. Prior to this I would have said that spurs had the more talented and up and coming squad, however now that is switching to Man United. Solksjaer may not be the man to do it however this season he has built a very good foundation and results have improved. I'm convinced he will lay the foundations for a title challenging manager. They had no transfer strategy however now they seem to be sorting issues as each window goes by.

They are building a very talented squad of young players. Prior to this I would have said that spurs had the more talented and up and coming squad, however now that is switching to Man United. Solksjaer may not be the man to do it however this season he has built a very good foundation and results have improved. I'm convinced he will lay the foundations for a title challenging manager. They had no transfer strategy however now they seem to be sorting issues as each window goes by.

Spurs have hired Mourinho. He doesn't really do up & coming. Look at the signings this summer, solid professionals, so don't expect to be dazzled by Spurs next season either.

Can't see Utd signing Upamecano this summer unless they offer silly money. He had an release clause in his contract that allowed him to leave easier this summer for €60M. However, no-one looked like activating it, so he extended his contract by a couple of years with the proviso they give him a realistic release clause next summer, rumoured to be €42M.

Spurs have hired Mourinho. He doesn't really do up & coming. Look at the signings this summer, solid professionals, so don't expect to be dazzled by Spurs next season either.

Can't see Utd signing Upamecano this summer unless they offer silly money. He had an release clause in his contract that allowed him to leave easier this summer for €60M. However, no-one looked like activating it, so he extended his contract by a couple of years with the proviso they give him a realistic release clause next summer, rumoured to be €42M.
I'm not but at one point people were warning Pochetino not to jump ship as Spurs had the better players. Now I'm not so sure that is the case.

I think for sure the EPL will be much more competitive at the top this year. I can't see Liverpool getting the same amount of luck as last year with the last minute goals and many VAR decisions that went for them.

Arsenal also look like they will challenge for top 4 , with Chelsea, Man U and City all spending heavily ... it will be an interesting season.

*SSN*
Southampton showed initial interest in Celticmidfielder Olivier Ntcham but that is no longer expected to lead to a deal.

It’s understood Lyon and Porto are also interested in the 24-year-old, with Porto trying to sign Ntcham last summer.

mentally challengeds looking at Lewis Ferguson.

I’m not keen on letting them hoover up all the Scottish talent if I’m being honest.

Not a major transfer but Watford replacing 32yo Troy Deeney with 36yo Glenn Murray

No idea where Deeney off to

Talk of Tottenham and West Brom

Would think Spurs would be more ambitious with their backup but then at same time he would be happy to be backup at a club in Europe at his age

West Brom and he is likely back in Championship again next yr

Leicester are now due to sign Gosens as well as Castagne apparently?

Gosens is a fantastic player, he's due a better move than Leicester fs.

Leicester are now due to sign Gosens as well as Castagne apparently?

Gosens is a fantastic player, he's due a better move than Leicester fs.
Believe that was mistype by the Belgian journalist, think if you look at the tweets, you’ll see the fees were exact same

Darwin Nunez signing for Benfica from Almeria (Spanish 2nd div) for €25m.. us holding out for £20m for Morelos is 100% the right thing to do

SSN
West Brom have agreed a fee with West Ham to sign forward Grady Diangana.

Diangana spent last season on loan at the Hawthorns as West Brom were promoted to the Premier League. The fee could be worth £18m and would break West Brom’s transfer record.

Darwin Nunez signing for Benfica from Almeria (Spanish 2nd div) for €25m.. us holding out for £20m for Morelos is 100% the right thing to do

I mentioned him recently on players to buy. Didnt think he'd go for 25mil euros. Looks a good player though.

Morelos is a bargain for anybody paying 20mil.

Back