Pathetic Quality From Castore

They'll stop making that fortune if serious issues aren't addressed though.

I've spent a fair amount since Castore signed with us and I'm not spending another penny until all the points are addressed and fixed (which will very likely be well into 2021)

Not that I have very much high level business experience but as you said they'll lose that serious fortune in the future.

There was a comment on H&H around the lines of Castore and Rangers have beat all the expected targets, but surely they don't believe that will continue if they don't fix the current issues.

That would lead me to believe a few things, at worst Castore are getting patched after this season, they are working on fixes in the background but for some reason won't talk about it, or they don't believe the issues to be that bad.

I thought they were backed by several big money investors?
They had £3 million and subsequent £7 million funding rounds. Sounds alright but in the scheme of things when you are trying to grow the business they say they are growing it isnt a lot. My interpretation would be that the Rangers campaign markets itself. What they are doing with their original core premium wear, I have no idea what they are spending to market that. Andy Murray signed his deal which is worth £8,000,000 to him, albeit over 8 years. What will be key is how and when they go back for their next round of funding. What ever cash flow forecasts they had have more thank likely taken something of a beating because of all the unforseen refunds and exchanges.

Not really that embarrassing at all. Another fan might say to that "how come he gets first access to a strip over a fan!" . Again in 2020, someone will always be upset

It’s not embarrassing that our new striker can’t get a set of strips for his young children to support their dads new club? It’s fucking mortifying.

All young kids should be able to get the new strips.

Thanks mate but too late for me as I sent it back on Saturday, I just thought that Rangers/Castore would’ve been at pains to ensure I actually got the item I paid for so that at the very least I’m promoting the club, brand and sponsors. Seems like the club in effect have “given up” on it knowing we’ll be daft enough to just keep buying....and they’re right.

It’s not embarrassing that our new striker can’t get a set of strips for his young children to support their dads new club? It’s fucking mortifying.

All young kids should be able to get the new strips.
Aye I know. But just because he is a player doesnt mean he should have any more access to kits than fans. The priority here is sorting out the mess so that the fans issues get sorted. I dont really care how difficult it is for a player to obtain a kit. Wouldnt say this particular example is "mortifying" ha

Update on the 3rd top. Lettering peeling off the inside after two washes. Both done at 30 degrees, no softener. Just been sitting around the house in it.

I have a Salomon running t-shirt out on the line just now that I’ve ran hundreds of miles in & washed dozens of times just chucking in with other loads - all the lettering is still intact. I’d consider Salomon a premium running brand, so I’d expect a similar performance from Castore.

Back in March i bought a few things off 'Classic Football shirts' which, by the way, is a great site for anyone who likes obscure and seldom seen football merch.

Anyway i needed a few things for playing fives and the occasional run so got some training kit off there - random shit from the likes of Torino, Espanyol and Utrecht. All from what were considered as 'embarrassing' manufacturers when we were discussing the new supplier on here - Joma, Kelme and Macron.

Everything i bought has washed, worn and performed superbly. I said at the time Castore were announced that i didn't care who we got as long as it was the best deal for the club. I didn't realise the best deal might come from a firm who have no track record in mass production of sportswear.

The supposed benefits of going with a 'quality brand' like Castore compared to niche European manufacturers were heavily sold on here at the time but they are simply never going to come to fruition. Castore are painfully out of their depth here.

It's all hindsight, and i don't know what other offers were on the table at the time but i'd love to have a look at the review process we undertook.

It's all hindsight, and i don't know what other offers were on the table at the time but i'd love to have a look at the review process we undertook.

For me it seems fairly straightforward. In order to get rid of the Fat C*nt we had to find a company that was committed to splashing the cash on a refurb of the Ibrox Shop and paying us the cash up front for the deal. It appears we got £3m up front plus a considerable sum - was it £250k? - spent on refurbishing the shop. Putting those riders on the deal scared off the Fat C*nt but landed us Castore.

For me it seems fairly straightforward. In order to get rid of the Fat C*nt we had to find a company that was committed to splashing the cash on a refurb of the Ibrox Shop and paying us the cash up front for the deal. It appears we got £3m up front plus a considerable sum - was it £250k? - spent on refurbishing the shop. Putting those riders on the deal scared off the Fat C*nt but landed us Castore.
Can’t see where the £250k was spent, it looks like a basic fit out, not and issue as the shop will move to the new EH but why publicise this figure

They were caught lying through their teeth about that,that's why they aren't on sale. Claiming the home tops made in China were the pro tops and shouldn't have been sold, obviously releasing a statement thinking we all zip up the back.
Sorry folks not really been following the thread since I posted near the beginning.

my ‘turkish’ Pre order home top inside threading is a mess (two washes, scared to wear it again). has anyone been able to successfully return a worn jersey to them?Initially the line was nothing would be accepted without tags.

Assuming they will never come clean re their Chinese ‘pro’ kit statement, I’m really struggling to see why I should trust them moving forward. Promised premium product, now would just be happy with a kit that will last 10 months lol. What a mess man

Mate Castore are on par with Ashley if not worse in my eyes.

Con men simple as that at the expense of the fans this time.

We were also told we had to have a "normal" business relationship with Sports Direct to escape from the Ashley deal. That apparently might have been a deal breaker. It didn't sound very convincing to me back then and it still doesn't.

Hopefully at the fan session they are unable to ignore questions as easily as they do emails. You’d think they had 3 folk answering enquiries.
The clubs silence on this shambles, commercial side of board in particular, is disgraceful.

We were also told we had to have a "normal" business relationship with Sports Direct to escape from the Ashley deal. That apparently might have been a deal breaker. It didn't sound very convincing to me back then and it still doesn't.
We were in a tough legal position. Ashley had us in a headlock. I'm sure compromises had to be made. We will never see or hear about the details of any private contract. Unless of course we end up back in court.

Can tell the people who didnt sit and read all the multiple court papers a mile off. Anyone who had would understand why we went with Castore . They tailored a deal to suit us that the other big players clearly wouldnt have done.

Would not surprise me if this wasn't reduced to a 1 year deal , 2 at the most.
Must say I reckon we will have a different manufacturer for 2021/22. I wish we’d stuck with Hummel (appreciate the legal reasons why we couldn’t) they struggled a bit with the demand but everything I bought was excellent and still looks decent after lots of washes. My new third top went back after one wash with the internal lettering coming off. Changed it for the home kit which still has the tags on it. We were rumoured to be close to a deal with Macron which was ridiculed on FF doesn’t seem so ‘stupid’ now.

Still no reply from these mugs. Least I've got my money back thanks to my credit card company. Losing battle if they try to fob off American Express.

Says it all about Castore that you can't get a Rangers top from them but you can from Sports Direct.

Rid of spivs, scum, Sports Direct and Ashley yet we are still unable to get the products and quality we want and deserve.

This deal can't end soon enough. Another set of chancers who have tried to pull the wool over the Rangers support. Yet another company that can't handle the Rangers demand. Too big for no marks like Castore.

Still no reply from these mugs. Least I've got my money back thanks to my credit card company. Losing battle if they try to fob off American Express.

Says it all about Castore that you can't get a Rangers top from them but you can from Sports Direct.

Rid of spivs, scum, Sports Direct and Ashley yet we are still unable to get the products and quality we want and deserve.

This deal can't end soon enough. Another set of chancers who have tried to pull the wool over the Rangers support. Yet another company that can't handle the Rangers demand. Too big for no marks like Castore.

If you want to hear from them, rip them apart on Trustpilot. They can't report their bad reviews quick enough.

Update on the 3rd top. Lettering peeling off the inside after two washes. Both done at 30 degrees, no softener. Just been sitting around the house in it.

I have a Salomon running t-shirt out on the line just now that I’ve ran hundreds of miles in & washed dozens of times just chucking in with other loads - all the lettering is still intact. I’d consider Salomon a premium running brand, so I’d expect a similar performance from Castore.
I was one wash - its a joke

Sons top is starting loose it's sleeve. It has been worn/washed possibly 3/4 times. The sticthing is opening up, it hasn't been stretched/pulled etc as he just has been wearing it around the house.

I had high hopes for @Castore but the quality just isn't there compared to what they had on offer pre contract with us.

Mate Castore are on par with Ashley if not worse in my eyes.

Con men simple as that at the expense of the fans this time.

As much as I want us to move on from Castore at the earliest opportunity, that is absolutely nonsense.

Financially at the moment, Castore is one of the best deals the club have ever had when it comes to a kit deal.

Do you have any idea how much money the club received from Ashley when he controlled it? If you don’t, you should do your research.

I've emailed the commercial@rangers address. I wont hold my breath on response.

The fact the club haven't publicly come out and spoken to fans about this mess is very telling. At this point it would appear as a massive f*ck you from the club to the fans.

I don't want to withhold my money from the club but i feel they are treating us all rather poorly with this situation.

Last edited:
I took my teen sons pre order home top back to the shop and had a look at the black top. The quality was night and day. I told a guy on the floor that i wanted to swap as i was unhappy with the quality. He offered no argument and told me to go to the tills and id be sorted.

I told the girl at the till that it had been washed once. (I dont know why i blurted that out....must be the Presbyterian in me) .

I felt that she hesitated a bit when i told her this but continued the exchange.

I had to buy the black top afresh and then she processed a refund on my preorder home top.

I was satisfied.

Seen that on his Instagram yesterday. It is utterly embarrassing in all honesty. Still makes me laugh their whole promotional video for the launch was about parents buying kits for their children.

Also alot of effort put in by Castore into explaining how Rangers online presence was a shambles and how online is their specialty.....

I was in the shop yesterday for the first time since Castore took over.
I can’t say I was impressed with the range on view.
Plenty of choice with all the kits, the rest looked similar to fat Mike’s jumble sale with a bigger price tag.

I took my teen sons pre order home top back to the shop and had a look at the black top. The quality was night and day. I told a guy on the floor that i wanted to swap as i was unhappy with the quality. He offered no argument and told me to go to the tills and id be sorted.

I told the girl at the till that it had been washed once. (I dont know why i blurted that out....must be the Presbyterian in me) .

I felt that she hesitated a bit when i told her this but continued the exchange.

I had to buy the black top afresh and then she processed a refund on my preorder home top.

I was satisfied.

Good result. I have heard mostly the line is that still need to have the tags for exchange/refund.

My (adult) son wants the 3rd (black kit) strip, small, long sleeves. I went to Ibrox store yesterday, 3rd time in 4 weeks. No long sleeve, black. SDI have them but not buying anything from the fat man.
I wrote to Castore 2 weeks ago about no long sleeve black Jersey, still no reply.

As much as I want us to move on from Castore at the earliest opportunity, that is absolutely nonsense.

Financially at the moment, Castore is one of the best deals the club have ever had when it comes to a kit deal.

Do you have any idea how much money the club received from Ashley when he controlled it? If you don’t, you should do your research.
Irrespective of how good the deal is for the club it's surely not ok to rip off the fans on absolute garbage.

That was the point i was making.

For instance the fraud of the putting pictures on of nice looking jumpers and sending out piss take efforts.

I would question if fat mike would even stoop that low.

Irrespective of how good the deal is for the club it's surely not ok to rip off the fans on absolute garbage.

That was the point i was making.

For instance the fraud of the putting pictures on of nice looking jumpers and sending out piss take efforts.

I would question if fat mike would even stoop that low.

The majority of the fans are not being ripped off though.

There is a sizeable minority who’ve had issues and the way Castore have handled them have been a disgrace.

I think this thread is potentially becoming a bit of an echo chamber where people just come to moan.

The Castore deal has been financially excellent for the club and if they were as bad as some are making out everyone would’ve stopped buying stuff.

The merchandise is still flying off the shelves which makes me believe the majority are happy with the quality.

The majority of the fans are not being ripped off though.

There is a sizeable minority who’ve had issues and the way Castore have handled them have been a disgrace.

I think this thread is potentially becoming a bit of an echo chamber where people just come to moan.

The Castore deal has been financially excellent for the club and if they were as bad as some are making out everyone would’ve stopped buying stuff.

The merchandise is still flying off the shelves which makes me believe the majority are happy with the quality.

Yup I said this much earlier in the thread.

A few poor items posted online receive a huge spotlight which can gather 100’s of ‘likes’.

I’m still confident they will sort the issues out.

That's incredibly unfair (imo) on fans who've spent hard earned money, and a lot of it, on what's often turning out to be substandard product, not what they ordered or even no product at all.

Add into that the disdain from Castore and the club and I actually think we're being very calm and reasoned on here.

I’m going to ask again as I never seem to get a proper answer.

Ive not purchased anything from Castore before they partnered with us and since so can’t comment on quality etc.

My question is - out of say every 1000 orders how many do we believe have went wrong?

Anyone I know personally who has purchased products have all been satisfied with the quality, service etc but when you come on here it’s the total opposite.

Do we think this thread is a fair reflection on the majority of peoples opinions regarding the castore deal or is it a case of the minority making the loudest noise again?

That's incredibly unfair (imo) on fans who've spent hard earned money, and a lot of it, on what's often turning out to be substandard product, not what they ordered or even no product at all.

Add into that the disdain from Castore and the club and I actually think we're being very calm and reasoned on here.

It wasn’t meant as a dig at anyone.

If you look at the people posting issues, it seems to be the same ones or people giving updates to their issues. All of those people deserve their issues to be sorted and the way Castore are dealing with some stuff is a disgrace.

The vast majority of the support are having positive experiences with Castore and the new deal.

I only commented as I thought some of the comments were starting to get way over the top. “worse than Ashley”, I mean cmon, that’s just in no way accurate.

Email from 1872 today.

Dear Member,

As we said in our update on 24th August, Club 1872 submitted detailed questions to both Castore and Rangers over two weeks ago on the ongoing issues encountered by supporters who have ordered merchandise in recent months.

Our questions focused on the well publicised concerns around the quality of some items, pre-order delivery delays and cancellations, the returns policy and the difference between the Rangers and Castore websites in that regard. We also asked for clarification on the decision to move forward the opening of the Rangers Store by several weeks, despite it appearing that stock levels were not sufficient to complete all pre-orders at that time.

As things stand, neither Rangers nor Castore have answered our questions.

We note that Rangers and Castore are holding an event on Wednesday night for a small group of fans selected by the club. Club 1872 have not been invited to the meeting. While this may provide some answers for a very limited number of supporters affected by these issues, we do not believe it is the correct forum to be addressing those issues, nor is it an effective or equitable way to communicate with supporters. Every supporter who has been affected by these issues deserves a clear explanation of what has gone wrong as well as reassurance for the future.

We reiterate our strong belief that Rangers supporters - including all at Club 1872 - want to support both Castore and Rangers throughout the duration of this long-term retail partnership. To that end, we continue to press both Rangers and Castore for appropriate responses to the questions we have asked on behalf of the support.

Club 1872

Issued by Supporters Voice Limited, a Club 1872 company

Back