Pathetic Quality From Castore

Another well timed, professionally written and perfectly toned statement from Club 1872.

Sadly I think it’ll be ignored by Del Boy and Rodney

They seem to day all the right things about understanding how big the market for our stuff was then are totally unprepared for the demand-what happened?

Couldn't help but have a wry snicker while reading this earlier. Remind you of anyone?

Blands are underdogs. Although funded by angel investment, venture capital and private equity, blands present as scrappily un-corporate.

Blands need a narrative. Rarely do blands declare: “We were founded to exploit a niche and leverage venture capital until the target of our disruption buys us out.” Instead they proffer origin stories that mash up indie-movie “meet cutes” with aspirational “grail quests”.

Central to many bland narratives is personal exasperation with the existing options.

My own experience.

Ordered 3 training items. Quality was fine, but too big, so booked Hermes to collect the return.

They didn't show up, so chased them and eventually had it collected a week later.

Didnt hear anything for over 2 weeks, so chased Hermes who said to contact Rangers.

Rangers replied within 48 hours to say refund had now been processed and would be in my account within 7 days.

Hermes experience not good, but my dealings with Rangers fast and easy.

I know this is different to others, but through it worth posting.

Still waiting for a refund 5 weeks on and now emails being ignored. This castore lot are a bunch of cowboys. Get them to %^*& for next year rangers and get some decent supplier to make our kits

I’m going to ask again as I never seem to get a proper answer.

Ive not purchased anything from Castore before they partnered with us and since so can’t comment on quality etc.

My question is - out of say every 1000 orders how many do we believe have went wrong?

Anyone I know personally who has purchased products have all been satisfied with the quality, service etc but when you come on here it’s the total opposite.

Do we think this thread is a fair reflection on the majority of peoples opinions regarding the castore deal or is it a case of the minority making the loudest noise again?

They say they have a 98% success and satisfaction, prior to this...

Unfortunately the people who could answer that question properly, Rangers or Castore, have decided to stick their head in the sand.

I don’t know anyone in my group of friends and acquaintances who hasn’t had either a quality, delivery or return issue of some sort with at least one item. I also know a few who were quite happy until they started wearing or washing things.

I should say I’ve ordered Castore’s own gear and it’s on a different planet to the tat they are serving up to us.

Ive not purchased anything from Castore before they partnered with us and since so can’t comment on quality etc.

My question is - out of say every 1000 orders how many do we believe have went wrong?

Anyone I know personally who has purchased products have all been satisfied with the quality, service etc but when you come on here it’s the total opposite.

Do we think this thread is a fair reflection on the majority of peoples opinions regarding the castore deal or is it a case of the minority making the loudest noise again?

Couldn't help but have a wry snicker while reading this earlier. Remind you of anyone?

Blands are underdogs. Although funded by angel investment, venture capital and private equity, blands present as scrappily un-corporate.

Blands need a narrative. Rarely do blands declare: “We were founded to exploit a niche and leverage venture capital until the target of our disruption buys us out.” Instead they proffer origin stories that mash up indie-movie “meet cutes” with aspirational “grail quests”.

Central to many bland narratives is personal exasperation with the existing options.
Interesting reading

Just to help anyone out - I sent back a l/s tee that was faulty. Cut out Hermes and sent back direct by Royal Mail, as suggested earlier by another bear, to Rangers Store Returns, Seko Logistics, High Standing, Harding Road, Brinklow, Milton Keynes, MK10 0DF, Tel no 01908 062151 on 31/08. Just got a refund notice at 1201 hours today. Will wait to see when it actually hits the account.

I took my teen sons pre order home top back to the shop and had a look at the black top. The quality was night and day. I told a guy on the floor that i wanted to swap as i was unhappy with the quality. He offered no argument and told me to go to the tills and id be sorted.

I told the girl at the till that it had been washed once. (I dont know why i blurted that out....must be the Presbyterian in me) .

I felt that she hesitated a bit when i told her this but continued the exchange.

I had to buy the black top afresh and then she processed a refund on my preorder home top.

I was satisfied.
i done exactly this yesterday (wed 9/9) the staff were more than willing to help, i got the black top, took it home and ironed it inside out to solidify the sponsor and print. More than happy although my refund hasnt came thro on my cc yet, mind you it was only yesterday

Final update:

Finally got my refund in my account for my returned home top via Hermes from 8th of August.

Minus the 2 delivery fees obviously :rolleyes:

Final update:

Finally got my refund in my account for my returned home top via Hermes from 8th of August.

Minus the 2 delivery fees obviously :rolleyes:

Hope I can say the same come Monday. Returned my top back on August 6th. Got a refund on Monday there, but its still sitting as pending in my paypal account 7 days later...

Was told it was pending because of MY paypal, but a quick google tells you a pending refund is down to the sellers bank account...

Hope I can say the same come Monday. Returned my top back on August 6th. Got a refund on Monday there, but its still sitting as pending in my paypal account 7 days later...

Was told it was pending because of MY paypal, but a quick google tells you a pending refund is down to the sellers bank account...

Yeah it is the seller. They actually refunded me on Sept 1st but it has taken until today to show in my account.

Hopefully the money clears in your account soon. We've waited long enough.

In light of me receiving my refund from my home top (originally wanted an exchange) I decided against my better judgement to order the home top in XL from the website.

I had issues with the quality of the one I returned as well as me needing the bigger size.

I'll update on delivery and quality of the shirt when it arrives via royal mail.

Same mate I dont disagree. I just think theres more constructive ways to go about it.
Well I for one don’t have any complaints regarding the quality of all the strips plus the trading gear and the castors range as I have purchased all of the strips available to us and also the training gear and I definitely don’t have any problems with any of them the only thing I can say is they got cot out by the large demand of all the strips and other items by the Rangers fans their suply was very slow in keeping up with the demand but as they had only got had the contract for three months Before the Big launch now that they see the demand of the products they have now upgraded their supply chain and employed more staff in all departments in the company as the Rangers fans demand did blow them away now they are starting on next years strips and have unreservedly apologiesd to us all for all the problems that irised with their products

Anyone bought any strips online from the Rangers shop this week ?

On Tuesday i bought a home strip for my sons birthday, selected Royal Mail delivery within 3 days so as not to use Herpes and as yet no sign of it being delivered. I still havent received an email saying that it has been dispatched. I emailed the store yesterday to enquire the position of my order and no reply back from them.

To be honest im a bit concerned that they are advertising strips availability but not actually sending them out.

Got refunded today for my sweatshirt, although I asked for replacement I've no complaints, I'll just reorder.
Out of stock :rolleyes:

Last edited:

It was stated at the meeting the other night that they'd had circa 3000 returns. From 100,000 items. So a 3% return rate. Industry 'standard' is apparently 2% returns.

Its too many, clearly, and their customer service has been appalling. Whilst it horrendous for the folk involved its not the 'majority' or even a 'sizeable minority' ;) that some refer to.

It was stated at the meeting the other night that they'd had circa 3000 returns. From 100,000 items. So a 3% return rate. Industry 'standard' is apparently 2% returns.

Its too many, clearly, and their customer service has been appalling. Whilst it horrendous for the folk involved its not the 'majority' or even a 'sizeable minority' ;) that some refer to.

Despite the fact that the return rate is above industry average, we are not like average customers. We are less likely to return and trying to return is also much harder than for other retail organisations.

Personally, I think the home top I purchased is not the quality expected, particularly the ‘coat hanger’ effect. But I have no intention of returning, just will not make the same mistake again.

I was in castores corner, until i’ve just taken my away top out the wash and the letting on the inside and the RFC/Castore logo is now peeling off, only washed it about 3/4 times..

The meeting should be the two guys from Castore, James Bisgrove and Club 1872 – and the video should be released to our support.

Anything else is a cop out.
Not sure I agree SL. Our Main Sponsor should be handled by the Club not C1872. The Club should be able to answer any questions C1972 ask, within reason. The Club should also be demanding things be put right if people are unhappy.

some of the language being used on here sounds like a mixture of genuine complaints and some shit stirring suggesting Ashley is still involved, which is just nonsense.
Not sure why there’s some kind of breakdown between the Club and C1872 as they always seemed to be ok with each other up until recently.

Not sure I agree SL. Our Main Sponsor should be handled by the Club not C1872. The Club should be able to answer any questions C1972 ask, within reason. The Club should also be demanding things be put right if people are unhappy.

some of the language being used on here sounds like a mixture of genuine complaints and some shit stirring suggesting Ashley is still involved, which is just nonsense.
Not sure why there’s some kind of breakdown between the Club and C1872 as they always seemed to be ok with each other up until recently.

Fair enough – the main thing is the need to get answers out to the wider support anyway.

A full explanation for what has gone wrong and what’s steps have been taken to ensure there’s no repeat should’ve been a priority.

The Club 1872 breakdown is a concern.

Based on what they've said about their product, process, logistics and experience with online business previously and how certain issues have actually turned out, unfortunately I don't believe the numbers stated.

Sorry if this has already been asked/answered. Does anyone know if you can change a top in store which was bought online? It’s just a bit too small.

Would rather take it in and get it swapped quickly after reading some of the stories about refunds taking a while!

I was in castores corner, until i’ve just taken my away top out the wash and the letting on the inside and the RFC/Castore logo is now peeling off, only washed it about 3/4 times..
Which is what is wrong with alot of our support.

You were in the corner of con men who have ripped off many of our supoort because you thought you were one of the lucky ones that wasn't affected.

Some of the excuses and garbage in here throughout this shit show have been pathetic and has proven one thing, that there is no solidarity for our fellow fans.

Some make it so easy for folk like Castore to treat our fans as they do.

I have a man cave and have been buying cheap tops when they come up on ebay for a few quid, even the old diadora ones ( how old are they?) are still in perfect nick, not a stitch or logo missing or any blemishes on the others either, fwiw umbro seem to have the best quality in my opinion.

Which is what is wrong with alot of our support.

You were in the corner of con men who have ripped off many of our supoort because you thought you were one of the lucky ones that wasn't affected.

Some of the excuses and garbage in here throughout this shit show have been pathetic and has proven one thing, that there is no solidarity for our fellow fans.

Some make it so easy for folk like Castore to treat our fans as they do.

Mate you’re talking about spouting garbage and calling the guys con men. Clearly there’s been issues but there’s no solidarity from me in flying off the handle. That’s not how issues get solved in the real world.

Back