Daniel Johnson of Preston

Strikes me as someone who is decent and still improving even at 27.

Another one who improves the squad but not the team.

One of the comments from the Preston forums.

"The more I think about this the more gutted I am. I've been trying to think who we have in the squad that has the ability to split a defence with the killer ball the way he does. Gally and Pearo tend to ping them over the top but the only player I can think that has shown anything like that is Ledson and he is some way off.

Covered more ground than any player in the side last season, top scorer, assists galore and I even saw him head the ball once.

Gutted"

The defence splitting pass statement gets ma cock tingling. Couple that with the fact he puts in a shift as well, he should fit in nicely.

if Kamara had 3 poor games and 1 great game, going by last years appearances stats of 18 leagues games - that would suggest he had 13.5 poor games and 4.5 great games

i'm not having that one bit :))

i'd see this signing as competition for Aribo and possibly one of the 10s - although he would have to be in the central 10 position.
He seems to play better higher up the pitch according to Preston fans I'd have thought a deeper midfielder would have been the more pressing issue

On the EFL show on Quest last night, they said he was their top scorer last season with 12 from midfield in a struggling team.
At 27/28 he is in his prime and if he can score 12 in a struggling team he might just get a hatful playing for a team that creates many chances.
I am upbeat about this potential signing.

GettyImages-1193876272-1.jpg

0_19471354.jpg

0_Imago-20190801.jpg

0_Rangers-Signing-The-Rangers-Training-Centre.jpg

240720_Leon_Balogun_Signing_03.JPG

tenor.gif

This must be close to qualifying for FF post of the season :)

If we were to sign a more advanced goalscoring midfielder then Aribo will have to adapt to a deeper role over the season. This was gonna naturally happen as he matures but will probably need sped up if Johnson were to hit the ground running

Nothing on how good this signing will be or how he is as a player but something feels weird about this. The fact we’ve went from chasing/being linked with more “deep lying” midfielders like Belkebala, Dorsch and Zungu to more of an attacking player suggests transfer plans have changed

He seems to play better higher up the pitch according to Preston fans I'd have thought a deeper midfielder would have been the more pressing issue
How exactly is a deep midfielder our pressing issue? Our deep midfield pivot has been a strength this season with Jack, Davis and Kamara all performing well sitting deep. It’s pretty obvious we’re lacking a quality attacking midfielder.

How exactly is a deep midfielder our pressing issue? Our deep midfield pivot has been a strength this season with Jack, Davis and Kamara all performing well sitting deep. It’s pretty obvious we’re lacking a quality attacking midfielder.
When Aribo is fit he's got that position nailed down and Hagi can play centrally when he's out a deeper Midfielder with attacking elements to his game should be high priority as should a right sided 10/winger

Guy looks decent and our recent recruitment has been very good so let’s just wait and see if we do sign him.

Can’t see him being a massive upgrade on anyone we have but could be a decent player for us in an area where we are short.

Last season these guys were played when unfit and probably because the quality drop was too significant, so if he’s close to the level of the others, but brings additional ammunition to the team, in terms of goal potential, then I’m hopeful this can be a decent acquisition mate.

Nothing on how good this signing will be or how he is as a player but something feels weird about this. The fact we’ve went from chasing/being linked with more “deep lying” midfielders like Belkebala, Dorsch and Zungu to more of an attacking player suggests transfer plans have changed
there was never any solid evidence in these rumours. they were pulled from no where with no credible sources hinting. Esbank on RM, who seemed to be attention seeking.

comment from Preston forum... seems all forums have that one guy, sorry in advance Nathan

LancasterRed said:
Robbo left in part because Grealish convinced him to chase the money, I wouldn't be surprised if Grealish had an impact on DJ too
You're completely harmless and seemingly a very nice lad, but if there's someone on this forum who speaks as much nonsense as you then I'm yet to come across him.

there was never any solid evidence in these rumours. they were pulled from no where with no credible sources hinting. Esbank on RM, who seemed to be attention seeking.
He’s not an attention seeker mate haha.

4lads got plenty wrong at 1 point, it happens.

That's my point. Glen Kamara has been struggling to get into our midfield recently and he's Finland's best player and attracting interest from the EPL.

I'm not saying this guy is a bad player by any means I was just hoping our midfield signing was going to be a game changer. Someone who was going to move Jack or Kamara out of the way and really strengthen us.
Don't think he plays in their position though, I still think we will sign another player for that role

He’s not an attention seeker mate haha.

4lads got plenty wrong at 1 point, it happens.
i'm not convinced... basically he was like aw its a guy you wouldn't expect and you don't know the name. someone said 'is it dorsch?' then he said aye and ran with it.

what's clear is it that with Wilson now in %^*& all is getting out. literally nothing. not from our side anyway. the only way this got out is because journos in Preston were alerted to the bid and then left out the squad. there's no way Dorsch was even remotely close.

Last season these guys were played when unfit and probably because the quality drop was too significant, so if he’s close to the level of the others, but brings additional ammunition to the team, in terms of goal potential, then I’m hopeful this can be a decent acquisition mate.

We have signed players for a fortune that haven’t worked out and low fees and frees that have went on to be outstanding players for us.

The current scouting team haven’t been doing much wrong lately so we need to trust them.

Guy looks to have a decent pedigree but if we sign him we will soon find out.

Seem to be playing with 3 #10's instead of 2 now, I imagine that will change for hard games though like we done at Pittodrie.
It is something along the lines of that. Kent seems to have a free role and can do what he likes whereas Barker seems to be playing as an out and out winger and Hagi as a centre 10. Played two 10s and Kent when Morelos came on yesterday. Do still think we are in the market for a winger

Reactions: LD5
Is he really what we need? Hagi, Aribo, Stewart
In midfield? I think it's a nonsense to say we don't need more creators, we have the ball about 70% of every game, you can never have enough players willing to open teams up.

I say that knowing zilch about this guy btw, but the desire for a big bruiser on here is so weird.
If this was the way the gaffer wanted to go Ross wouldn’t have been sold to the sheep, which is still a mistake IMO. It’s not though so another creative midfielder it is.

It is something along the lines of that. Kent seems to have a free role and can do what he likes whereas Barker seems to be playing as an out and out winger and Hagi as a centre 10. Played two 10s and Kent when Morelos came on yesterday. Do still think we are in the market for a winger
As soon as JJ leaves I think we will go for one.

We'll still be after a deep lying playmaker like Dorsch/Zungu. I hope.
Can only assume so. The way we are run now and the due diligence we do on signings I don’t see us going from a more defensive minded midfielder to an attacking one within the space of a few weeks.

Back