Hagi?

Hagi isn't firing on all cylinders at the moment, I would like to see Jones start a couple of games, he looks hungrier than hagi and he desperately wants a regular slot. Absolutely no doubt hagi is going to be huge for us but not yet obviously.

I thought Hagi had a good game last night and I think if he scores that chance with 5 minutes to go everyone would have been saying that. He is unpredictable which is what we need on Europe.

He hasn’t been as good as his talent means he can be this season but he still has a goal or assist every two games and is only 21. When he actually comes on to a game he could be ridiculously good.

Hagi has had a poor start to the season, but we know what he’s capable of.

If Aribo was fit, I think Hagi would be finding himself getting a spell on the sidelines.

He has become the new whipping boy

There always has to be one. It's such a frustrating aspect of our support. There are just people out there whose biggest joy seems to be spotting flaws, even after brilliant results.

And I didn't even think Hagi played all that badly either. He isn't at a stage yet where he shows for the full game, but he still gets involved and does the occasional bit of magic. The consistency will come, as it has for the likes of Kent and Barisic, but not if the lunatics get their way.

you can tell his quality some of his passes, touches are excellent, i think he has done well since the Hamilton game and i personally thought he done fine last night

He has four assists and a goal in his last five games.

It would also be interesting to see how many free-kicks he's won over the last few game with opposition players constantly fouling him.

Think he will improve all the time

Very frustrating at times though he gives the ball away cheap so much

He’s not been in great form but I am encouraged by his work rate and attitude. He is also still regularly contributing assists, winning us fouls and corners.

It might be next season before we start to see the best of him but still convinced he will be a cracking player. Gerrard may need to manage his game time this season

McCoist nailed it last week in commentary. The pass to Arfield was superb but then qualified it by saying he was a yard of pace short to become a really great player. To get to the top you need the ability plus the pace and strength. He is a very very good option to have right now. If had Jones pace and Jones had Hagi's ability................

No way was he rubbish.
His work rate off the ball is massive.
And he has lots of wee sublime touches that creates quite a lot of goals.
1 tonight, 1 on Sunday, 2 against Dundee utd.
When we have the ball but I found him very lazy at tracking back. Most of the time just a jog and when he reached about 10 yards into our half he just stopped and watched. I found that very frustrating as Kent bursts a gut to get behind the ball

He's always on the outskirts of the game but has moments that create goals had a great touch in the build up to the penalty for example
Think we need to accept that for huge periods of games he'll be a bit anonymous but hope he can pull off 1 or 2 moments brilliance that are key to goals/victories.

Jesus christ some fans are clueless, opinions are like arseholes, everyones got one.

Hagi while he hasn't hit the same heights yet, he has been no way "rotten". He is still extremly influential in games and is involved in big moments, thats what you are going to get with a young "playmaker".

His touch on the byline to keep the ball in play in the build up to kents goal was superb. That played a huge role in that attack as it stretched their defence, do we just forget about that?

I would suggest that people go and watch the game again without the emotion of it.

Hagi is an extremly good player that while is struggling to have a stamp on the game for 90 mins is still involved in big moments.

He's a moment's player and right now he looks like a young lad trying to adapt to a man's game! He needs a bit of time and unfortunately with the vast majority of our support he won't get it

When we have the ball but I found him very lazy at tracking back. Most of the time just a jog and when he reached about 10 yards into our half he just stopped and watched. I found that very frustrating as Kent bursts a gut to get behind the ball

The boy does not stop and is constantly doing as he's asked defensively. F*ck knows what games you're watching.

Reactions: LD5
Looks that way.

Kent and Aribo have both been written off on here along similar lines though so no doubt young Hagi will prove them wrong also
This board is just full of fucking rockets that think we have the money we had in the early 00s. You can add barisic to the list you mentioned aswell, and Kamara for that matter.

I think he's just a shade slow to think what he's going to do next with the ball so he gets caught in possession or makes the wrong pass. But more high level games will see him up to speed soon.

The boy is a player......

Think the lad is a great prospect. He never hides in a game. Wins a lot of free kicks too. He's a young lad too, the youngest in the team so he's still learning. He's a first team player for sure, maybe not all the time but he's going to get better, a lot better. He's going to be huge for us in the future.

No doubt Hagi has talent, but when we have Aribo and Roofe available again, I see him as a good backup rather than a certain starter.

In domestic games, I would like to see him as one of the midfield 3 as he looks far better with the game ahead of him, making passes rather than back to goal out wide. He's also not afraid of taking a shot from outside the area which we've all been screaming for. He can do this better driving forward from midfield or arriving unmarked in a late run.

I've seen him mentioned as a 'moments player' and think this is a good description. As we've seen already this season, those moments are assists and winning free kicks which Tav & Borna have turned into goals.

He's a talent for sure and I back him 100% to come good.

maybe he is doing what hes told? he is not quick enough to get behind the ball and then join in an attack when we break

I see the old FF classic is being wheeled out in his defence here.
If you can’t see what he brings to the team you know nothing about football.
Utter pish.
I can see what he could bring to the team, but quite simply he’s not bringing it anywhere near often enough.
He is surrendering possession far too easily and far too often.
As with the others, it’ll probably take a bad mistake, or one that costs us points for people to actually see and acknowledge his failings.
I like the boy, and I want him to be a success, but his performances are at best below par and he needs to start delivering the goods far more often than he is.

He’ll come good but is shit out of form. If it weren’t for Roofe’s injury he would be on the bench, I wonder if Jones can give him a break?

Rubbish, rotten, shite.....

I really don’t see it that way at all.

The lad picks up great positions, draws numerous fouls per game, and is guaranteed to provide the moment that no one else in our team has the imagination or vision for - a reverse pass, a flick etc...

He hasn’t dominated a game yet, and he is clearly still learning his own game and the pace of the Scottish game. But he never ever hides, and - so evident last night - always makes himself available for the pass and wants the ball.

He has good numbers on assists already this season, has scored in the league, and will get better.

The kid isn’t there yet, and needs to continue improving, but he is no passenger, he can’t be criticised for attitude, application, or courage, and he shows enough imagination and endeavour to make me think he will do just fine.

Last edited:
The sublime lay off to Ryan Kent

On the volley, out the sky, side heel flick

Started the counter for 2nd goal

Anyone mentioned it yet ?

The sublime lay off to Ryan Kent

On the volley, out the sky, side heel flick

Started the counter for 2nd goal

Anyone mentioned it yet ?

Took out half their team in the process and got clattered for his troubles. One of only maybe a couple of players in our entire set up that can produce moments like that.

I've not read the full thread and this might have been said but it's worth pointing out that Kent didn't exactly set the heather on fire last season and look at him now. It takes some players a bit longer to settle. Hagi is undoubtedly talented so hopefully he's just finding his feet and will hit a purple patch sooner rather than later.

I see the old FF classic is being wheeled out in his defence here.
If you can’t see what he brings to the team you know nothing about football.
Utter pish.
I can see what he could bring to the team, but quite simply he’s not bringing it anywhere near often enough.
He is surrendering possession far too easily and far too often.
As with the others, it’ll probably take a bad mistake, or one that costs us points for people to actually see and acknowledge his failings.
I like the boy, and I want him to be a success, but his performances are at best below par and he needs to start delivering the goods far more often than he is.

Stop talking sense.

I've been sticking up for him since people have moaned about him since the 1st game of this season. What does irritate me is basics not being done. For a while he wasn't doing the basics Yesterday. But the rest of the time I can defend him.

He offers something different like Aribo does but a little different, his passing can be audacious and I love that, we need that. I say look at Kent and Barisic and expect the same from Hagi.

Also the guy has scored and assisted a few this season and his work rate is exceptional. Would still prefer him behind the striker directly. Fans need a player to vent on it seems.

It’s clear to see he has a bit of class about him, just really slow and goes down far too easily to mask his losing of the ball. Hopefully he goes on to show the natural ability he possesses and becomes a top player.

As someone mentioned earlier, this isn’t the season for us to carry a 5 out of 10 player every week as we need all hands on deck. If he’s struggling give him a time out to get his confidence back and then he can really produce for us hopefully. He can definitely be a match winner on his day.

Back