Lawrence Shankland - can we put that to bed now?

Lol. He couldn't lace Greg Stewart's boots. Also, to the seemingly hundreds of people saying he can't be judged on one game; do you think this was his debut or something?

Judging him on 20 minutes at Ibrox having been out for a month is pointless.

He's never been good enough. This thread wouldn't have cropped up had he not came on the park.

Judging him on 20 minutes at Ibrox having been out for a month is pointless.

He's never been good enough. This thread wouldn't have cropped up had he not came on the park.
He’s shite and his level is where he was last year. He gets mentioned on here constantly due to the fact he supports us

Its not just is he good enough for Rangers, its is he good enough to improve our team to overcome Celtic. Answer is no, not yet. Maybe in a few years? Time will tell. Remember a guy named McCoist nearly got hunted before turning into a club legend.
Come on, McCoist was already a Rangers legend by his early 20’s. Ally was scoring hat-tricks in cup finals against the darkside at 21.

Shankland is already 25 and has only made his name in the lower divisions of Scottish football. It may sound harsh what I’m saying and I know the boy has talent but ffs his career is going nothing like Ally’s did at the same age.

Not good enough for Dundee Utd? The %^*& you on about?

He’s missed their last 5 games through injury, was hardly going to start yesterday.

I don’t think he is good enough for us overall, and I certainly don’t want us to sign him.

But to base the opinion of him on an appearance off the bench after many weeks out and missing one chance is just silly.

I’ve never thought he was good enough, but if anyone is forming a final opinion based on yesterday then I’d genuinely need to question that person’s intelligence.

Judging him on his 1st game of the season after a long injury lay off as a basis of his talent is unfair & not a good metric to measure by,I actually think he’s a good player & would bang them in for a team that creates a lot of chances, Dundee Utd play crap football & he still scores a shit load, alright it was a lower division but still. Guess we’ll never find out if he’s good enough for us as we ain’t interested anyway

I think it's quite harsh to judge him on yesterday's game to be honest. Really dont understand how anyone can say he's not good enough when Rangers were pretty much on the front foot the whole game and his team only created two or three chances the entire game.

I think when his team is playing yer St Johnstone's, Kilmarnock's, Hibs etc that'll be yer indication of how good a striker he is and wether he's good enough or not at this level.

I made an off the cuff joke about how he looked being an ugly c*** and got pelters for it so i take that back but i will say it again,i dont see the hype in him and dont think he is good enough for us,still feel that way,we should be focussing on better imo

He looked ordinary yesterday but to be fair to the lad, it was his first involvement in weeks after injury.
If he sets the heather on fire during the season with a bagful of goals, then who knows.
However, I suspect he will remain ordinary at this level and we will have no interest.
Having said that, Lewis Ferguson remains ordinary at this level and many on here still want us to sign him!

I don't think its particularly fair to judge him on yesterday's game. He had zero services and was just back from injury.

Nah not having that,it's his first game back after weeks out with injury.Dont know why people are desperate to write him off.Not saying he is brilliant but he is a goal scorer and would do well with the number of chances we create.

Bit harsh he's a Rangers fan is he not
Seems to be given on here, that people with links to the club or are supporters of the club get the most bile saved for them.

Giving out personal insults to the lad and plenty of other ex players seems to be a favourite pastime for people, who then take the hump if someone says bad things about us.

I mean we have people who go on other fan sites, then come on to inform us of what they're saying about us. What would you expect them to be writing of a rival club.

Not for one minute saying the boy is good enough for us I’ll let Gerrard decide on that but to judge him on yesterday’s game is more than a bit unfair,It’s not as if we haven’t had and have strikers who have missed absolute sitters.

First game back from injury playing at Ibrox against us in full flow.
I still think Shankland will score a good few goals this season. Don’t think he’s good enough for us but it’ll be interesting how many goals he’ll get in a relatively poor DU team.

First game back from injury playing at Ibrox against us in full flow.
I still think Shankland will score a good few goals this season. Don’t think he’s good enough for us but it’ll be interesting how many goals he’ll get in a relatively poor DU team.
He's just had half a game after injury playing in a team destined for relegation.Remember how long it took Super Ally to come good. Not saying we should sign him but cut the boy a bit of slack and hopefully he'll get a goal or two against the bheasts and sheep.] etc. And his team go down.

He's only back after a lengthy spell out injured and comes on after an hour into a game in which his team are getting steamrollered. How can he be judged on that? He may or may not be good enough for Rangers, that will be up to the manager and his staff to decide but Shankland (or anyone else for that matter) would look a better player playing for Rangers than Dundee Utd because he would have far better players around him.

I wouldn't judge the lad on yesterday if he's just back from injury and we didn't give them much of a sniff, but no goals in 17 games for the sheep hardly suggests he's good enough for us.

Scored again today 2 in 2 now after long injury lay off. Remind me has Itten scored yet? In fact has Itten had a shot on target yet???

Reactions: d72
Back