SWPL - Rangers

Also didn’t realise we have signed both of Glasgow city’s goal scorers today on pre contracts for January . Unless Glasgow city can find a way to go professional I think is and that lot will quickly overtake them . Players will choose us and them over city if we are offering them pro contracts and they arnt
We have signed their left back (Nic Docherty) and have Kirsty Howat, Sam Kerr and Rachel McLaughlin joining in January. These signings will see Rangers to a 1st title.

Kerr in particular, although more a centre mid than a 10, has the skillset to be the next Erin Cuthbert.

City are Celtic are both "professional", but only have between 10-15 players signed as full pros. The rest are amateurs training in the evening.
Celtic in particular, who love to shout about how much money they make and what a large budget they have, have put in charge a manager who was at one point Ronald Koeman's assistant and within 4 years, is now at Celtic Women.

You don't drop from the EPL to SWPL without a good reason. Also, his last team (Lewes) fans were literally begging him to leave on Twitter at one point, which you never see in Women's football to be honest. Supporters are far more patient. They have 14 pros I believe, where Rangers have a full squad that is pro. That will make a difference over a season.

City will still be the team to beat. They have experience in spades, have made some interesting signings so its hard to tell what they will be like replacing the 3 moving to Rangers. Personally I think Rangers will do it, but it wont be a walk in the park like many are predicting.

Just watched the goals - the Hearts keeper, good god.
She is their 17 year old, Under 19s GK. Their 1st choice left for Hibs and their number 2 is injured.

We have signed their left back (Nic Docherty) and have Kirsty Howat, Sam Kerr and Rachel McLaughlin joining in January. These signings will see Rangers to a 1st title.

Kerr in particular, although more a centre mid than a 10, has the skillset to be the next Erin Cuthbert.

City are Celtic are both "professional", but only have between 10-15 players signed as full pros. The rest are amateurs training in the evening.
Celtic in particular, who love to shout about how much money they make and what a large budget they have, have put in charge a manager who was at one point Ronald Koeman's assistant and within 4 years, is now at Celtic Women.

You don't drop from the EPL to SWPL without a good reason. Also, his last team (Lewes) fans were literally begging him to leave on Twitter at one point, which you never see in Women's football to be honest. Supporters are far more patient. They have 14 pros I believe, where Rangers have a full squad that is pro. That will make a difference over a season.

City will still be the team to beat. They have experience in spades, have made some interesting signings so its hard to tell what they will be like replacing the 3 moving to Rangers. Personally I think Rangers will do it, but it wont be a walk in the park like many are predicting.

She is their 17 year old, Under 19s GK. Their 1st choice left for Hibs and their number 2 is injured.
Thanks for this. Good to get input from someone who knows the game.

Really looking forward to watching the women's team develop.

Should they not be using smaller goals . Average height of a man is what 5’10 and a woman like 5’4 . Make them smaller and it evens that out
A bit like the men's game back in the old days, average height was substantially less than now. Goals were the same size though.

Would be good if we could have a dedicated thread where the OP is updated with results and league table for a quick check on how the girls are doing.

Not on tv but next weeks game against Hibs is on bbc Alba - so if you can stand the Gaelic gobbledygook! :)
Best commentary in Scotland out with RTV, most likely because I have no idea what they are saying but better than being subjected to the usual p!sh that's served up anyway.

Back