Eddie Howe

Very good coach, but aren’t all of his back room staff now in charge at Bournemouth so he wouldn’t have them

Pretty awful in the transfer market too

They won't be able to buy their way out of that mess. They have no money and Edouards inflated transfer fee is shrinking every week. Lenny will stay. He will win on Sunday, get beat on Thursday and win his home league games. He will win against Hertz and all will be well again with Timmy.

I was listening to a podcast, I think it was Open Goal, and they were speaking about Howe. Apparently Defoe isn't a big fan of his, didn't speak very highly of him.

It seems that the bold Eddie is this seasons Brendan Rodgers with the bookies making him favourite for the scum job.

The guy got homesick working in Burnley and wanted to return south so I can’t see him coming to Scotland.

He wouldn't know what had hit him at the piggery.

No previous knowledge of Scottish football and joining halfway through a season of this magnitude?

If they appoint him, just hand us the title now.

Would be very happy if they appointed him. He strikes me as the kind likely to fold like a cheap suit under any kind of pressure in the gold fish bowl of Glasgow.

I could be way off with that but it’s my gut feeling.

90% of the games in this crap league are won with attitude and desire. Get your players mentality right at either old firm and you should win plenty. It’s one of the reasons I felt Gerrard would be a success and laughed at tims who thought he would be gone before Xmas. Inexperienced yes but a born winner and will get the players working hard which is half the battle.

Great job at a club where a draw is a good result and the odd win fantastic.

Takes a certain mentality and mindset to get used to a draw being a "Diiiizzzaaaaasta"

I don't think he has that.

He was the red hot favourite to be England manager not so long ago.

Depending on who you believe, the rumour mill would have you believe him and Lawwell have already played Golf together recently.

He gets a nose bleed North of Watford gap doubt if he will pitch up in Glasgow. There will be jobs in the South East coming up during or even after this season , he will not be short of offers or need the money.

They won't be able to buy their way out of that mess. They have no money and Edouards inflated transfer fee is shrinking every week. Lenny will stay. He will win on Sunday, get beat on Thursday and win his home league games. He will win against Hertz and all will be well again with Timmy.
This is exactly what will happen

And the great thing is, none of it matters as long as we keep on winning .

The most over rated thing in football imo.
A bit like Martinez in the sense “look at this beautiful football we’re playing” as they get horsed 5-0 off nobodies.

Bournemouth were a breath of fresh air as first but his Warburton like stubbornness is why he inevitably got relegated.

Any kind of pressure & his bottle would crash.

I'd be relaxed if they brought Howe in, a guy who has spent most of his career fighting relegation at a club with absolutely zero pressure and expectation.

Added to that I'm sure it was Defoe who said his management style is downright bizarre.

Paid the best part of £30 million for a striker that can’t score goals!
Who, Solanke?. It was £19m in an utterly bizarre transfer, this forum was creaming over him too weirdly.

That said he’s started this season very well, in the Championship.

He also spent a ludicrous amount of money on Jordan Ibe!. The money Liverpool make on over-hyped academy players is mental.

He wouldn’t be cheap and would obviously require budget assurances.

I’d be more concerned if it’s Alex Neil - he’ll give them a solidity at the back.

Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s Jack Ross...

This. Lennon will only get fired if and when, the gap between us and them is beyond reach. Then they will have Kennedy take over until the end of the season.

Only a defeat to Ross County or Hearts in the cups may change that.

I hope it isn't him as I actually like Eddie Howe.

But one benefit if it is him that his record in the transfer market is absolutely dreadful.

Last edited:
He'd be an improvement tactically than Lennon.

However, he wouldn't have much time on the training ground to work with the team and there's question marks about how he'd handle the pressure cooker here.

I suspect they would like Steve Clarke but can't see him leaving the Scottish job before they get gubbed in the Euros.

A wet wipe

They’ll stick with Lennon through December. Their fixtures on paper are easier than ours. They’ll hope we slip up to give him time.

Their fans think Kennedy is being primed to take over

I suspect they would like Steve Clarke but can't see him leaving the Scottish job before they get gubbed in the Euros.

That would be an even better appointment for us. A siege defensive counter attacking expert for a team who have 60-70% possession every game bet the odd old firm and euro tie.

That absolutely would fit the time basket case approach to their affairs of late. Hopefully the SFA are happy he does both!!

I don't know what makes this guy supposedly so good in the first place that we should be worried if he was favourite for the job? Am I missing something?

If he wants to come and manage a bunch of terrorist loving paedo covering up scumbags then let him.

Back