Eddie Howe

I can see them winning all there domestic games up until us at new year. They’ve got a relatively straightforward schedule with most games being at home.

If we continue winning up until 2nd January and beat them he’s gone. Tough game ahead for us though so 1 game at a time.
Be very surprised if they drop any points in the league with their fixtures. We have some potential banana skins.

Let's look at ourselves which is the main thing. If we keep winning then everything else is irrelevant.

He seems a decent enough sort but entirely unsuited to them or the demands they’ll have on him. At Bournemouth he would lose 5 on the spin and it wouldnt be a issue. A club with no desire to be anything other than 17th. And he spent £35m on Solanke and Ibe, among others.

Therefore, would be ideal.

He looks like he’s going to burst into tears at any moment, even when his teams are winning. Him and his body warmer would be back down the road in a heart beat if he read a paper or listened to a phone in after a defeat, he looks like he still kisses his n maw and da on the lips.
I couldn’t have put it any better myself.

The minute they lost a game he would be terrified of bumping into Brendan or Finbar in the car park.

They could do a lot worse than Eddie Howe, if, when, Lennon goes. He's a good manager. Whether he or someone like Marco Silva are within their budget is another thing. I don't rate Silva at all.

I remember FF labelling Brendan Rodgers a dud.

A Clarke, di Canio, Strachan, Kennedy, Ross type appointment won't happen, IMO. I just don't see them going that low.
What.........like they did with Lennon who came in as he got booted from Hibs then got told he had the job perm i the shower after scrambling to a Cup Final win against a very poor Hearts.

I wouldn't kid yourself.........cheapy cheap is the way they go.

Before Rogers was appointed, Malky Mackay was lined up to take over. As soon as Rogers expressed an interest Mackay was out if the picture. Mackay of course is now available.

They won't be able to buy their way out of that mess. They have no money and Edouards inflated transfer fee is shrinking every week. Lenny will stay. He will win on Sunday, get beat on Thursday and win his home league games. He will win against Hertz and all will be well again with Timmy.
Seen today in the sun report it was 10 m rated Edouard

Gonnae no dae that. Howe
dPIWAhL.gif

He’s still got the best part of 2 years left on his Bournemouth contact and still being paid 80k a week. If he takes any new job before his contact ends he loses the 80k a week. The only job he’ll be taking in the next year is one with a comparable salary and not one that will risk tarnishing his reputation

Done a great job at Bournemouth, but gives me the impression that he would actually cry on air up here under the pressure he would be faced with.

Imagine any non sellick minded manager talking to Liewell about this job.

They will be told that they have NO settling in period, and NO time to implement a different philosophy around the place. It's just a case of come in, turn around a team in disarray, pull back a points deficit against a currently unbeaten side, and win the league. Nothing else will even be remotely acceptable.

And if you don't manage this, then the loony section of our support will take to the car park with a bedsheet and demand you must leave. But be thankful you have no "L"s in your name, as they struggle big time with them.

Oh, and by the way, if you last a few months in the role, expect to have to answer questions about some court cases we are about to face, because of us being the largest paedophile ring in sport.

Still interested?

Last edited:
I think the one attraction that the sellick job would hold for someone like Howe, is the chance to establish his credentials in Europe, something he wouldn't ever have the opportunity to do with the kinds of mid-table EPL teams that he would likely end up managing.

Really?? What he achieved at Bournemouth was nothing short of a footballing miracle from where they were when he took over.
He had 1 bad season in about 8 years.
Also if Sheffield Utd “goal” against Aston Villa was given they could’ve stayed up.

Any manager will have the belief that they can turn that team around and that the fans will accept him.

Some say celtic will go cheap but they didn’t with Rogers we can only hope they don’t again.

They board might go with someone with a link to them or at least Ireland to appease the fans

I personally the cup final v hearts could decide Lennons fate. Lose he’s out. Win and they’ll hope it galvanises the team going forward

I don’t see how they would finance it, he was on big wages so they are probably looking at 50k p\w, he would also be looking for significant transfer funds
Their finances are no longer anything to boast about. Its all been spent and liewell will be counting on selling at least three decent players come the summer.

I think the one attraction that the sellick job would hold for someone like Howe, is the chance to establish his credentials in Europe, something he wouldn't ever have the opportunity to do with the kinds of mid-table EPL teams that he would likely end up managing.
He's always had time to slowly build before, he's not getting that with the hoards foaming and the crowds barely 40,000 at the tarp dhome.

I think shaun maloney till the end of the season he would still be the Belgium number 2 as the filth job would only be till May,

I can see them winning all there domestic games up until us at new year. They’ve got a relatively straightforward schedule with most games being at home.

If we continue winning up until 2nd January and beat them he’s gone. Tough game ahead for us though so 1 game at a time.
But if we lose a game then it's game on again & Lennon will be safe until the end of the season & it's a real possibility as we have a tough schedule coming up .

Same mould a philosophy as Warburton.
Refuses to budge from his plan A, I wouldn’t be overly worried about him

I overheard two of the yesterday claiming that it’s a done deal for Mourinho to come in after their tainted cup final is played.

Demented!
You should have humoured them for a wee while and asked how much it would cost them in compensation for Jose and say Poccha is a free agent

He was the red hot favourite to be England manager not so long ago.

Depending on who you believe, the rumour mill would have you believe him and Lawwell have already played Golf together recently.
He’s never been red hot favourite. 4/1 yes, shorter than the rest but never red hot.

I think they’ll change manager before they play Hearts.

they’ll let Lennon take the heat in Milan and the remaining dead rubber. New manager gets Hearts and a season defining OF game at Ibrox.

And if a new manager loses either of those games having just come in he’s dead in the water before he’s even started as far as their fans are concerned.

I don’t see that being hugely attractive to many would-be candidates.

Back