Ciaran Dickson - No 55 (staunch)

He's always looked decent player in the games I have watched him in over the past few years. Good to see him starting and he didnt look out of place.

Nothing will pain his family more to see him play for Rangers. FB’s the lot of them
Come on buddy
I see his dad now and again at work
And yes he's a Tim to the core
He only ever speaks very highly of rangers and all the staff ,most of all how Mr Gerrard has took his son under his wing
The lad has massive potential as we all agree
So let's get right behind him

Dickson slotted in perfectly. It just shows that having a similar playing style across all our teams irrespective of ages makes it easier to move a player up a rung.

This is what stood out to me, Middleton, Dickson, and King slotted right in perfectly and looked real prospects. Middleton obvs been around a bit longer but I was impressed by him tonight.

Some folk on here need to think before they post. Who cares what school one of our players went to. Good debut from the youngster. Well done.
This is Glasgow course it matters. There is a still low-level sectarian conflict in Scotland fought out via various proxies and public bodies to attack our way of life including Rangers. People pretending religion doesn't matter and its all gone away aren't helping Rangers. Doesn't mean the boy should be flogged or abused but it's certainly notable. Being from a republican family and playing for Rangers isn't irrelevant or on a par with colour of hair or eyes. It's a fair point for people who raise it.

Dickson played very well. Even more impressive that at only 18 years of age he looked very assured and much more experienced than a youngster making his debut.

I was surprised that Jamie Barjonas never got involved today, but I suppose that tells you he's probably not got much longer left at the club.

Also thought young Leon King done well too. 16 year old making his debut coming on in place of the captain - you love to see it.

The movement, the pointing, the dynamism

I don’t know how this lad is going to turn out but I do know he excites me greatly and it’s very seldom I say that about one of your youth team coming on.

He was quality when he came on. Imagine being that lad, debut for rangers, number 55, plays well, gaffers steven gerrard who played the same position and will no doubt be guiding him.

Looked good today. Hopefully see some of the youngsters get game time in league games once we’re a few goals up

The step up to first team looked natural to him, always looking to get on the ball, neat and tidy in his tackles, good eye for a pass. Hope we see more of him, he’s definitely capable.

Come on buddy
I see his dad now and again at work
And yes he's a Tim to the core
He only ever speaks very highly of Rangers and all the staff ,most of all how Mr Gerrard has took his son under his wing
The lad has massive potential as we all agree
So let's get right behind him
And there you have the truth. Some of the comments are demeaning us as a fanbase. I couldn't care less what school he went to.

Really pleased in what he and King brought to the game, they can only get better. It was also good to see Middleton play in a different position, he looked far more poised and confident. They future is bright.

This is Glasgow course it matters. There is a still low-level sectarian conflict in Scotland fought out via various proxies and public bodies to attack our way of life including Rangers. People pretending religion doesn't matter and its all gone away aren't helping Rangers. Doesn't mean the boy should be flogged or abused but it's certainly notable. Being from a republican family and playing for Rangers isn't irrelevant or on a par with colour of hair or eyes. It's a fair point for people who raise it.

He’s a 17 year old boy mate. What has he got to do with a low level sectarian conflict?

Dickson played very well. Even more impressive that at only 18 years of age he looked very assured and much more experienced than a youngster making his debut.

I was surprised that Jamie Barjonas never got involved today, but I suppose that tells you he's probably not got much longer left at the club.

Also thought young Leon King done well too. 16 year old making his debut coming on in place of the captain - you love to see it.
Barjonas turns 22 in January. I'd be amazed if he is still here at the start of next season.

I don't know if he was injured today but given Dickson was there, came on and is roughly 3 and a half years younger than Barjonas. Says to me, that he's probably further down the totem pole than he was last season and isn't to well thought of. That is in terms of making the break through here.

Really ? I get by your response they are from the dark side - I find it incredulous that his family would not see him prosper at Rangers.
That’s an understatement lol.

Ciaran has always felt Rangers was the best place for him to develop & have success, so that’s all that really matters.

Surely he has either signed a new deal or is on the verge of signing one. We wouldn't be giving minutes to a kid who is leaving us (it's why Kennedy never went on preseason) and we certainly wouldn't be having them on our European bench.

Now i havent been told this at all but im going out on a limb here. I think we are sitting on a few young players contract extensions. 1 being kennedy

You can tell in the way certain players collect a ball and move it on that they've got something about them. This boy has it. Glen Kamara is the master at it.
I agree with you the boy has something about him, although according to some on the thread apparently his rabid family would rather see him fail at Rangers rather than he prospered.
Im truly saddened by some of the nonsense on here at times - And I know I’m responsible for some of it.

That’s an understatement lol.

Ciaran has always felt Rangers was the best place for him to develop & have success, so that’s all that really matters.
These threads always go same way lol

his old man is as rabbid as they come but he likes to show off Ciarans success with rangers on fb etc so I don’t think he’s bitter about it .. at least publicly

Now i havent been told this at all but im going out on a limb here. I think we are sitting on a few young players contract extensions. 1 being kennedy
Hopefully get Dickson and Kennedy deals done and sorted. Both have wonderful ability on the ball. The kind you don't see or expect from a Scottish player.

He dropped deeper and that allowed him more time and control, given he’s 18, that’s a very mature thing to do and to be honest of all the lads getting game time, he looked the most relaxed and most confident.

Dickson looked very promising today technically and physically really good he's ready to play mens football hopefully we can get him out on loan in January maybe even to a team like Falkirk
I'd say he is a level above league 1. Inverness alongside Kennedy or Ayr like Kelly last season, might be a good loan for him. They like to play a bit and loans to those clubs seem to have worked for Kelly and Kennedy.

Back