Jordan Jones

Incredibly arrogant post. Kilmarnock are perfectly entitled to have a value they place on the player and try to negotiate up to that. Same we are with Windass.

There is nothing wrong with that.

Exactly, not sure why we are getting our knickers in a twist. Clarke and Boyd are being attention seeking fuds but look at the bigger picture.

Jones is a highly rated prospect who’s been in great form this season and there are likely to be other clubs closely monitoring things.

He’s the best asset they have at the moment, we were never getting him on the cheap.

Incredibly arrogant post. Kilmarnock are perfectly entitled to have a value they place on the player and try to negotiate up to that. Same we are with Windass.

There is nothing wrong with that.
Have we "BOOTED OUT" or "laughed off" any "Derisory" , "insulting" bids?

Remember all the clubs who were going to go bust when we got demoted ? The TV money far exceeds any gate money we provide.

From 2012 onwards up till last summer, the only Premiership club - Scum aside - that was able to spent money was Aberdeen, 300k for Kenny McLean three years (or so) ago. The rest, all of them, had to deal with freebies and loanies and chaps from their own youth. That is the fallout of them sending us out of the SPL. A few almost went bust, others were quickly relegated and are still downstairs.

The Old Firm has - for as long as I been around (mid-80s) - subsidized the Scottish games with snapping up the best players from other clubs. Their chairmen can demand whatever they think their player is worth, at the end of the day, their finance chaps or banks will have a quite word into their ears about what they will have to accept.

I wouldn't get all too upset about the red tops' headlines. We are free game for them and any negative headline will be gleefully drawn out of all proportion.

As others have said, Morgan, Cummings and some others set the benchmark, not wishful thinking. You won't read that in a red top though ...

Jordan Jones wants to come to Rangers. Said deal was as good as done while back but something went wrong. He not interested in othe clubs that are interested. He reckons something will happen this month.

Got this from a workmate who used to go with Jordan sister. He only spoke with him couple days ago and this was latest as far as Jordan concerned.

This is where Rangers would benefit from being a lot more ruthless and media savvy. If Clarke wants to call our bid derisory to the player then we should just reply via the media saying we respect Kilmarnocks decision and look forward to reading about the players new deal where he is compensated to match their valuation. Call them out on their hypocrisy.

Surely not serious?

This is where Rangers would benefit from being a lot more ruthless and media savvy. If Clarke wants to call our bid derisory to the player then we should just reply via the media saying we respect Kilmarnocks decision and look forward to reading about the players new deal where he is compensated to match their valuation. Call them out on their hypocrisy.
Excellent idea, said nobody ever.

We have released enough embarrassing statements before we stray into the territory of dictating what other clubs should pay their contracted players.

Surely not serious?
Excellent idea, said nobody ever.

We have released enough embarrassing statements before we stray into the territory of dictating what other clubs should pay their contracted players.

Doesn’t have to be an official club statement. If the roles were reversed Celtic would have rolled out some useless old codger like McNeil to make that point and flag up the blatant hypocrisy of it but all done with a “it’s their player and they can do as they see fit BUT....”

Granted we would need a useful stooge in the media to print it and we don’t have as many of those lines that the other lot have.

For the record I wouldn’t have thought about replying until I read the quotes of what the killie manager had to say. If you are happy hearing another manager bad mouth the club like that in print. Batter in.

If the clubs are so far apart then that’s the end of it.
300 to 350k for him seems fair to me.

If they value him at double or higher I hope his wages at Kilmarnock reflect this.

Even if we do get him he won’t be a starter week in week out.

Jordan Jones wants to come to Rangers. Said deal was as good as done while back but something went wrong. He not interested in othe clubs that are interested. He reckons something will happen this month.

Got this from a workmate who used to go with Jordan sister. He only spoke with him couple days ago and this was latest as far as Jordan concerned.
This can't be taken at face value without pics of the sister.

Doesn’t have to be an official club statement. If the roles were reversed Celtic would have rolled out some useless old codger like McNeil to make that point and flag up the blatant hypocrisy of it but all done with a “it’s their player and they can do as they see fit BUT....”

Granted we would need a useful stooge in the media to print it and we don’t have as many of those lines that the other lot have.

For the record I wouldn’t have thought about replying until I read the quotes of what the killie manager had to say. If you are happy hearing another manager bad mouth the club like that in print. Batter in.

Why would I need to be happy about what Clarke said?

It's a cat and mouse game. We make an offer nowhere near the valuation Killie have. They deride it and Clarke ramps it up a bit to put more pressure on us potentially, perhaps something you/we would want if someone made a low bid for our players?.

We then make a further offer, higher and nearer their valuation, potentially sign him.

That is how it works and how, at times, folk don't appreciate that fact is crazy.

Why would I need to be happy about what Clarke said?

It's a cat and mouse game. We make an offer nowhere near the valuation Killie have. They deride it and Clarke ramps it up a bit to put more pressure on us potentially, perhaps something you/we would want if someone made a low bid for our players?.

We then make a further offer, higher and nearer their valuation, potentially sign him.

That is how it works and how, at times, folk don't appreciate that fact is crazy.

Nonsense.

I have never seen a manager comment like Clarke has regarding a bid for a player from another team. I have seen lots of cases where they don’t agree on the valuation but the emotive language like Clarke has used is a first to me.

Nonsense.

I have never seen a manager comment like Clarke has regarding a bid for a player from another team. I have seen lots of cases where they don’t agree on the valuation but the emotive language like Clarke has used is a first to me.

I see you skipped past your assertion I'm happy with people bad mouthing the club in print.

Overall, we'll need to agree to disagree on your idea that no manager has ever derided a bid from an opposing team.

I see you skipped past your assertion I'm happy with people bad mouthing the club in print.

Overall, we'll need to agree to disagree on your idea that no manager has ever derided a bid from an opposing team.

Agree to disagree.

I have never saw a manager imply a club doesn’t value him based on the offer. Which is why I would imply something snide right back at them.

Nonsense.

It is quite common to be honest. Google derisory bid rejected and see for yourself.

Have to agree with whoever it was that said our valuation is about right. If Murphy is rated at £1.2M and Cummings at £600k, what makes Killie think Jones is worth £1M? He's arguably got more to prove than the other two, so £1M seems quite steep.

Don’t know if it’s been pointed out, but when Aberdeen bid 250k for Moult in the summer, not a thing was said.

It’s fucking embarrassing the double standards when it comes to us.

Are the cunts like Boyd in the media that thick to not notice it or they just attention seeking to the bigger audience.

We’re obviously very keen.

Clarke is a lady's front bottom.

I think this will run to the end of the window and he’ll be cup tied if we sign him.

Nonsense.

He spoke out because he is a mentally challenged do you think he would have been gubbing private dealings between clubs if it had been the scum.

Don’t know if it’s been pointed out, but when Aberdeen bid 250k for Moult in the summer, not a thing was said.

Are the cunts like Boyd in the media that thick to not notice it or they just attention seeking to the bigger audience.

Only because it’s us but friends like Boyd who needs enemies.

Have to agree with whoever it was that said our valuation is about right. If Murphy is rated at £1.2M and Cummings at £600k, what makes Killie think Jones is worth £1M? He's arguably got more to prove than the other two, so £1M seems quite steep.

Murphy and Cummings are coming from clubs where they were not getting a game and deemed surplus to requirements, we are trying to buy a player who is the best player and most valuable asset at a club.

They don't think he's worth £1 million, it's a negotiating position and they would no doubt accept a good bit less than that.

Put your tampon back in and look above.
Class statement I am sure your maw thinks your funny.

Kilmarnock are entitled to say, this guy is contracted until the end of next season. If he continues his current rate of improvement then he can increase further in value. He could well become a championship target and that would push the price up. He also could be worth a good few points this season. So they will put a value on that.

We obviously rate the lad and think that he could improve further, but want to buy now as we know if the rate of improvement is sustained he will be out of our range, both from a fee and wages viewpoint. Lets say he does improve over the next year. He could easily become a £1.5-£2m pound signing for a middle of the road Championship team like say Sheffield United. Not big investment for them and a gamble they may want to take.

So Clark is doing what I would expect Murty to do with our players and talk up the value of his prize asset. Some of the throbbers on here suggesting it is a religious thing are totally embarrassing.

We have to negotiate, we will have an upper value, we will also have other targets in mind. If the best price is more than we are willing to pay then fine, we move to the next target. We have to stop getting fixated on individual players and just get on with life.

Killie have an asset nothing wrong with trying to get the best price.

I think a bit of both.

I would hate to see us pay £1m, my guess is that at this stage of his career he is worth £250 - 350tops. Bear in mind what we received for Barrie McKay, Lewis McLeod, etc etc. I would argue that they were probably at a more advanced stage of their development than Jones. If they are convinced he will be a superstar let them agree a sell on clause, and an enhanced payment clause based on first team appearances.

The days when clubs could cash in at the Bank of Ibrox are long gone!

Murphy and Cummings are coming from clubs where they were not getting a game and deemed surplus to requirements, we are trying to buy a player who is the best player and most valuable asset at a club.

They don't think he's worth £1 million, it's a negotiating position and they would no doubt accept a good bit less than that.

They were still playing at a higher level, and have proved themselves at either a higher level or on a consistent basis. Jones seems to only really be having his first real meaningful season.

Throwing the toys out the pram and going to the media seems an absolutely terrible negotiating position to take.

Last edited:
They were still playing at a higher level, and have proved themselves at either a higher level or on a consistent basis. Jones seems to only really be having his first real meaningful season.

Throwing the toys out the pram and going to the media seems an absolutely terrible negotiating position to take.
Jones has played international football which killie will use to try and up his price. Yes I know wee Barrie had a Scotland cap or two as well but we all know what Stewart Robertson is like

Jones has played international football which killie will use to try and up his price. Yes I know wee Barrie had a Scotland cap or two as well but we all know what Stewart Robertson is like

As they said on the HaH pod, Lee Hodson has also played for NI, so not sure if that's a barometer of anything.

Cummings has shown consistency in the Scottish championship, an exciting signing but I wouldn't say he's got more pedigree than Jones. Timing is everything Peterborough bid £1.2 million for Cummings in Aug 16 according to wiki, we'd never have got him for £600k straight from Hibs.

This time last year when Murphy was a regular for Brighton pushing for promotion we'd never have got him for the £1 million or whatever it is we are able to get him for now.

Killie are trying to get as much as they can for the player, not saying its the right way to go about it but it is not that unusual.

The biggest fud in this episode is Boyd rather than Clarke, basically just shooting his mouth off for a bit of publicity and cause he thinks it'll play well with the Scottish media.

Cummings has shown consistency in the Scottish championship, an exciting signing but I wouldn't say he's got more pedigree than Jones. Timing is everything Peterborough bid £1.2 million for Cummings in Aug 16 according to wiki, we'd never have got him for £600k straight from Hibs.

This time last year when Murphy was a regular for Brighton pushing for promotion we'd never have got him for the £1 million or whatever it is we are able to get him for now.

Killie are trying to get as much as they can for the player, not saying its the right way to go about it but it is not that unusual.

The biggest fud in this episode is Boyd rather than Clarke, basically just shooting his mouth off for a bit of publicity and cause he thinks it'll play well with the Scottish media.

The way i'd judge Clarke, would he react the same if this had been either an English club or Celtic making the same bid? I'm not convinced he would. Personally think they're both fuds! I like the look of Jones, but i'd tell Killie to get fucked now.

I don’t mind Clarke he’s a straight talking guy trying to pump up his players value but he’s wrong if he says we’re unsettling the player. He’s brought it out into the open. I don’t see why they think he’s worth what they are insinuating as for me £350k isn’t a bad offer with possible sell on clause.

Boyd on the other hand is a lady's front bottom

As a supporter I want our club to get the players we bid for. The reality is though that the club will have a valuation based upon a number of factors such as what we can afford, think a player is worth and our estimation of how much the seller needs. If our valuation is not compatible with Kilmarnock then, subject to our bid being a lowball negotiation tactic, we should walk away. To do otherwise sends out the wrong message in my opinion; that we give in to demands and bid low knowing we raise. We also shouldn't spend what we can't afford.

Is the boy Jones getting paid the wages that mirrors the transfer fee that Kilmarnock and Clarke want ? I bet you he isn't

Boyd is turning into a bit of a knob commenting on transfers and fees that has got feck all to do with him.He should be out doing extra training,trying to lose his gut since he has extended his contract

I can see us telling Killie where to go if they stick to their demands and wouldn't surprise me now to see Naismith back at Ibrox by the end of the week.

The Killie reaction is a not very subtle way of getting Rangers to increase the price. We need to send a message that the days of overpaying for average players is long gone. Rangers should walk away from this and they should do it very publicly.

Back