Jordan Jones

A year and a half ago he signed at Killie when he was at a lower level. He has improved a lot over the last 1.5 years and, with Kilmarnock on a similar level to us (maybe not in terms of fan base, but in terms of having better management and a similar quality of players) he doesn’t really have much reason to leave sign for us, if an opportunity to move down south is there either now or in the summer

You assume it's all about money. Maybe he wants to play for Rangers (capital R), maybe he wants to be part of a successful Club, play in Europe and win titles other than the Best Pie in the Premier League (and you've just lost that).

In any case to compare Killmarnock with Rangers on any level at all and describe that level as "similar" is beyond laughable.

My Killie supporting mate is raging. He seems to think the bid was only £150k up front with the rest in add ons. He seems to think Jones is worth £1million and was none to pleased when I basically laughed at him!
Fans overhype valuations of players they want to keep. Some on here believe Windass is worth £5m! Who's offering that? It's the same logic Celtic apply to the "£8m rated Simunovic". Who is paying that? If no-one is offering these figures then the values are entirely arbitrary.

I can’t fathom where this player would fit into our current side.

He is not better than Candyass, he is not better than Murphy, he is not better than Windass.

I would leave him where he is.
Totally agree mate, 3 goals in 25 games this season, 6 in the last 68 overall :eek:

Not exactly setting the heather on fire, are we blowing his talent out of proportion based on a good game he had against us and the fact he's an Ulsterman?

Totally agree mate, 3 goals in 25 games this season, 6 in the last 68 overall :eek:

Not exactly setting the heather on fire, are we blowing his talent out of proportion based on a good game he had against us and the fact he's an Ulsterman?

I wouldn’t even go as far as calling him an Ulsterman. Born in England, Boro fan, English accent and only qualifies for NI through his dad Paul.

A year and a half ago he signed at Killie when he was at a lower level. He has improved a lot over the last 1.5 years and, with Kilmarnock on a similar level to us (maybe not in terms of fan base, but in terms of having better management and a similar quality of players) he doesn’t really have much reason to leave sign for us, if an opportunity to move down south is there either now or in the summer
Are you a Killie fan?

Even a Killie fan is stretching his imagination quite a bit to refer to his team as similar to Rangers.

Is a move to any club down south a great move? Strange idea.

500k tops. A decent few months for a shite club like Killie doesn't make him worth more than that. That should be our final offer.

He's not worth anymore than £500k, that should roughly be our cut off point imo. He would improve our squad and give us an option coming off the bench but he wouldn't be an automatic starter.

If we had no wingers, he might be worth £500,000.

But we have Murphy, Candeias, Windass, John, MOH, Atakayi, Dodoo and Dalcio if required.

We’re covered there.

In my completely honest opinion having watch jones multiple times over the past two seasons I think we would really struggle to get him. He Has had offers from clubs down south in the championship which would be far more attractive, in terms of financially and in quality of football. I think the option of playing at a bigger club down south with more money would be too much to turn down, unfortunately
Yeah but he would earn 2/3x as much down south potentially this year or if he holds on to the summer. Other than being impatient and taking the first offer received, he has no reason to join rangers
Clarke is mentioning Rangers because he was asked about rangers lol
Haha it’s true tho, can’t pretend it’s not lol
I’ve been reading this for ages and realised nobody has actually spoken the truth so felt like it was needed as we were getting a bit ahead of ourselves
So why would killie? Things are different there now from when they sold us Boyd and Naismith, money isn’t needed there anymore like it used to

46076344.jpg

If we had no wingers, he might be worth £500,000.

But we have Murphy, Candeias, Windass, John, MOH, Atakayi, Dodoo and Dalcio if required.

We’re covered there.

Only 2 of them are good so we’re no where near covered.

I think we've learned from Jamie Walker. Bullet dodged then and hopefully same again here.

What do you mean bullet dodged???
We’ve been crying out for a proper winger from the start of the season.
He would have made a world of difference.

This is like a rerun of MOH. We have made our offer, Killie has rejected and we move on from there. If he is out of contract in the summer look to buy on a Bosman.

I don’t think we should be pushing the boat out for an area we already have excellent coverage for.

The media are getting exactly what they want here with their clear agenda, some of the comments in here are madness, we bid they say no we will probably bid once more and if they say no we walk away thats it, dont buy the bullsh*t that is some big story its a non starter

The media are getting exactly what they want here with their clear agenda, some of the comments in here are madness, we bid they say no we will probably bid once more and if they say no we walk away thats it, dont buy the bullsh*t that is some big story its a non starter

This is where Rangers would benefit from being a lot more ruthless and media savvy. If Clarke wants to call our bid derisory to the player then we should just reply via the media saying we respect Kilmarnocks decision and look forward to reading about the players new deal where he is compensated to match their valuation. Call them out on their hypocrisy.

They can value their player at whatever price they want.

I doubt they would even get that amount from a english club.

No way should we be paying it.

Time to walk away and do a deal with Norwich for Naismith.

While I couldn’t be further from agreeing about Naismith, it’s certainly time to walk away.

I would patch this deal. Clarke being overly volatile over the deal and I think if they want 1mil, even if the price is 700-800k its too much.

Maybe u just take naismith for 6months and revisit in summer. I wasn't for the naismith deal (for footballing reasons nothing else) but could be a sensible alternative if it's as cheap as it appears.

Had a quick look on his Wiki page and other that his time at Killie he's done next to nothing. Its hard to judge how good he is or how good he could be.

As he plays for Killie and he has done next to nothing elsewhere his value will always be relatively low. I think our offer was fair for what is a bit of a punt and we shouldn't offer to prop Killie up anymore.

If that means we dont get him and he goes to a lower league English team then i can live with that.

At least four of them could play wide for us comfortably.

You seem very much in the Killie camp on this one, very interesting....

Am in the wanting Jones to sign for us camp.
What 4??
Don’t say Windass because he’s shite in the wing.

What do you mean bullet dodged???
We’ve been crying out for a proper winger from the start of the season.
He would have made a world of difference.
I don't rate him and think we'd have over-paid for another MOH if we had handed Hearts £1m. For once, the board and management made the right decision in not buckling to Hearts' demands.

This is like a rerun of MOH. We have made our offer, Killie has rejected and we move on from there. If he is out of contract in the summer look to buy on a Bosman.

I don’t think we should be pushing the boat out for an area we already have excellent coverage for.
I think he has 18 months of his contract left to run.

We could end up -

Fotheringham
Tavernier
Martin
Wilson
John

Jack
Dorrans
Doherty
Jones

Cummings
Morelos

Think that's a bit weak at the back mate?
Fullback positions need strengthened I feel, we lose too many goals to soft balls coming in. A couple of Sasa Papac style, no-nonsense, 7/10 every week fullbacks would make an enormous difference to the team.

When we bid for Walker Budge and Hearts dug their heels in and refused to lower their valuation

He then leaves 6 months later for £300k

It’s a joke the mhedia and dicks like Boyd saying we have to pay the going rate

We value him and they don’t like our bid. Too bad.

I’d increase slightly and say take it or we walk away

Also when Hearts wouldn’t negotiate we should have taken only 800 seats that we get for Tynecastle

Hearts made more from that one game when 14000 Bears gave them approx £400k in ticket sales

We should tell Kilie we don’t want all the away tickets and let’s see how they react. Taking a small fraction of tickets over a 5 year period would feck them over

Clarke is a cant and using mhedia to paint us in a poor light

Rangers need to start getting tougher with the diddy teams and we should dictate what we value a player

In my completely honest opinion having watch jones multiple times over the past two seasons I think we would really struggle to get him. He Has had offers from clubs down south in the championship which would be far more attractive, in terms of financially and in quality of football. I think the option of playing at a bigger club down south with more money would be too much to turn down, unfortunately
Which bigger club?

As with all transfer threads this one is reeking of Rome. We need to introduce eligibility questions.

Back