Jordan Jones second bid?

I hope Rangers pull out of this one, the days of Rangers being held to ransom has to stop, if Kilmarnock want to play games and mouth of to the press then let them, they will have an unhappy player for the rest of the season and well move onto other targets.

No surrender WATP

After the way they ran to the press about our offer, we should step away from this one.
At least the boy knows what kilmarnock value him at & asks for a wage rise that reflects that value. :p
Let's hope Morelos doesn't ask for a pay rise akin to what we value him on here :p

I wouldn't go back in. He would be nothing more than a backup player and isn't worth much more at this stage than what was offered.

Bit unfair on the lad that those two helmets feck up his dream move.

I think we will go back in for him after Docherty hopefully signs

Exactly, bet he's spewing that they did that. Especially if we can get Docherty sealed. He'd no doubt love the opportunity and that pair of arseholes mouthing off may well have fucked it for him.

I hope Rangers pull out of this one, the days of Rangers being held to ransom has to stop, if Kilmarnock want to play games and mouth of to the press then let them, they will have an unhappy player for the rest of the season and well move onto other targets.

No surrender WATP

Exactly what happened with the lad from Hearts...how did that work out for them

So it was all made up Tim bullshit? I don't think he would offer much anyway. As someone said, a left sided moh

Feel sorry for Jones in all of this. Massive club comes in for him, do we really think he cares about the value we bid for him? I wouldn’t think so, no player in the history of the game has ever not moved to a club because they personally feel the fee is not enough.

And there you’ve got a manager firing out comments and a fucking teammate writing about it in a national newspaper. How raging would you be if you were Jones? Clarke and Boyd personally sabotaging his potential move.

Still don’t understand how Boyd can be a player and sling comments about other professionals and clubs as if it’s no big deal. Remember his comments about Jack being in the Scotland squad? The man is an arse. I can think of no other league where a current player has the freedom to write whatever they please in a national paper. It’s completely bizarre that no one really picks up on it.

Be very surprised if we bid again, he isnt worth the hassle and id like to think the board wouldn't want to deal with killie anyway after clarke and boyds shite

I was keen to see him sign, but agree with the sentiment that Killie’s behaviour should see the deal dead. Then up to Jones to push the issue since they’ve denied him the ability to quadruple his wage, since you can guarantee Killie haven’t offered him an improved contract.

Don't see the need to pursue this one at the moment. If we can get Greig Doc in, the emphasis should to on trying to remove some of the non-contributing dead wood who are takin get a wage for nothing. A player we should continue to monitor but with Killie being arsey, I wouldn't be falling over myself to deal with them.

Dont have any news but considering we have bid for Docherty again and reportedly got a fair price for him, I was wondering if anyone knew if we were still trying for this guy.

Do we really need a left sided player,now that weve got Jamie Murphy.

If it goes through I imagine it will be quite late in the window, and involve Killie coming to us to negotiate rather than the other way round

If the interest from down south doesn't materialise, they could panic about having their most valuable asset going into the last year of his deal without any prospect of signing a new one.

Agree that priority should be Docherty. Would liked to have seen Jones deal done too as he's a decent young player and would have provided good competition in the forward positions but not worth what Killie are asking for. On subject of valuation, the filth signed Morgan for £300k and Jones probably aint all that much better - he is playing in a higher division and has been capped though. The starting bid we put in was fair enough, I'd maybe put him in the £400k - £450k bracket myself.

In the real world you never get every transfer target you go for so if this is the one we miss out on that's not a big deal
See how happy he is playing on that abortion of a pitch for less than a grand a week when he could be with us earning much more. When the inevitable happens and he moves for less than we first offered let Killie and the rest of them learn the lesson.
This one plus the Hearts player will hopefully be lesson enough for them to start grasping reality

If we want the boy we better move swiftly, because according to a killie fan on facebook burnley and brighton have asked to be kept informed of his situation :rolleyes:

If we want the boy we better move swiftly, because according to a killie fan on facebook burnley and brighton have asked to be kept informed of his situation :rolleyes:

Oh we'll see ya!

Wonder what Fraser Wishart's advice to Jones be regarding Boyd interference

I'd still like us to get him in at a decent price. His stock will only rise and he will improve as a player. We only really have Candeias and Murphy as natural wide players as MOH is not up to the job and unless Dalcio scores a worldly against the dhims, he'll be going back to Portugal in a few months!

This deal has to be dead.
No way we go back with another offer and no way we can have any dealings with Kilmarnock for years.

IF we're playing with two wide players,which I don't think we always will-there's Candeias,Murphy,Windass,Cummings,Atakayi and John once Wallace is back to fitness.
I've not counted MOH on purpose as I doubt he'll be here.I expect a 4-2-3-1 most games or 4-3-3 for others so it's really attacking forward players in the modern game rather than wingers imo.

I don't really see it with Jones tbh unless he improves considerably in the future.Best avoided.

Speak to the guy's agent and tell him we won't be pursuing this due to Kilmarmock's actions, but we wish him all the very best in the future.

Then leave that shower to deal with a '£1 million rated' player they're paying £500 a week.

Back