MOTM Poll Rangers v Hibernian - 12:30 Boxing Day - Sky Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
Fuuuuuuukinell !!!

Pacing up and down that living room the last 10 minutes, that was tough going !!

And yet .....

f3ZFgybApfgcht85YfW8tlKiOis8Tegt06H2x6ZqueBEBu8vi0hb59s5Lsepq5ZnDALuh38GTEn295uC0YLXZEgjAxYIVVt0yFInZ1H-yJFAPg
Same here. The wife was telling me to sit down and stop pacing. Thought Alfie did well for us when he came on. Held the ball up well and nearly scored

Good win and great 3 points.
Marvellous to have a number of skilful players in the team who can hold the ball in tight positions - Aribo, Kent, Hagi.
Hagi takes some amount of punishment during games, it shows that opponents really fear him - but really some of those tackles he gets should be punished.

Joe aribo, fkn outstanding performance, we still need to be more clinical, we're missing chances we should be burying, this does nothing but heap pressure on our defenders, and encourage our opponents to go for it late on. GreG 3 points though well done Gers.

A good, well-deserved win. They didn't make it easy for us. Well done to all the players and management.

It’s so much harder watching a game on telly that actually being in the stadium. It’s daft I know but you feel you can influence the game when you’re there and you are with your brethren

The PTSD had me hating those last 10-15 mins but we seen it out. 100% would have dropped points in a game like that last season I reckon.

How the fuc that game ended with only 1 yellow card to that Hibs team the day I'll never know,refs are fuckin dung in the Scottish league,absolute joke.

Davis, Aribo, Kamara all played well IMO. Not at their creative best, but kept the ball well and stifled Hibs attacks.

thought it was routine tbh - I’d be raging if he didn’t save it.

his coming for the cross later on and claiming it and holding it was better

back to clean sheets though is what we want and well done all - some great blocks going on too

their keeper had a couple of decent saves
true but when the old adrenaline is pumping you tell your self every shot at goal could go in.

Joe Aribo, MOTM undoubtedly.

Apart from one incident, every time we barged or went near a Hibs player who went down -- free kick.
And yet the amount of times our guys were being pushed, blocked, kicked and tripped without any punishment at all was ridiculous.

Yet another match in Scottish football, involving Rangers.

Davis was excellent, hard to choose between him and Hagi for motm.

Alfredo looked good too, but we rode our luck a bit in that 2nd half.

A scrappy 1-0 in terrible conditions ? I'll take that and be on my merry way thank you.

3 more points, that's the only thing that matters.

An ugly 3pts, but job done.

Damage assessment’s needed on Arfield, hopefully nothing that’ll impact the OF game.

We’ve undoubtedly gone off the boil recently, so while winning ugly isn’t pretty - or good for the nerves! - it keeps the momentum going until better performances return.

Loving Morelos and Aribo at the end there, that nutmeg! Hohoho yeeees boys and girls!
Clean sheets back on the menu
Game management and seeing out matches back on the menu
Another difficult opponent dealt with
Another 3 points in the bag
A game closer to the title

Hopefully plenty of LUCKY Christmas retro tops worn to banish that jinx for the superstitious brigade !!

Can over analyse it if you want, I'll leave that to Gerrard and Michael Stewart to cry wank over on Sportscene.

Glorious

Brutal conditions for a game of football. Well done Rangers, it was not our best game, but the 3 points are all that matter. Onwards to another tough one.

Hardly "horrific" is it. You seen the conditions out there?
It was a shocker even with the conditions. We were on the back foot so often when it wasn't required. So often we got the ball and just couldn't get anywhere. Hibs played with 10 men behind the ball and still created more chances that us. Put our defence under a lot more pressure than we did theirs.

Thankfully our quality shone through and some good play between Roofe and Hagi resulted in a goal.

To suggest our performance wasn't horrific would be to suggest the weather only affected us and not the spoonburners.

Back