MOTM Poll Rangers v Celtic - 12:30 Saturday - Sky Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
I’m not sure where this free shot stuff comes from?

It’s an OF. Win and we have one hand on it. Lose, we’re in a real battle, with the sheep to come straight after this.

There are no free hits.
Agreed.

Free hit suggests even if we lose it doesn’t really matter. It bloody well does, it brings them back into it with a difficult run of fixtures to come this month.

Win today and our lead is huge and it will utterly demoralise them.

We have presented the opposition with a fair few scoring opportunities recently, the defence will need to be 100% focussed and tuned in from minute one today.

I was driving near Ibrox at 6.30am this morning and the temperature reading from the car was down to minus 3 so I hope our pitch is up to it.

I think what you'll find is we'll see Morelos drop in deep to make sure we aren't overrun in midfield. Our main threat is always from out wide and we will try and exploit it again
Yes, that is probably more likely.
I suppose he would given Zungu more minutes on Wednesday if he planned to play him today

FWIW, I couldn't disagree more.

This is not a must win game for us, this is a must not lose game for us. A loss today and we're still in the driving seat this season, remember that. A positive result and we're almost home and hosed.
To win the title this season given the last 8/9 years adds so much more meaning. This fixture is the pivotal game of the season.

To win the title this season given the last 8/9 years adds so much more meaning. This fixture is the pivotal game of the season.

I agree to an extent mate.

If we win, then this was THE pivotal fixture.

If we lose, we can still win the league, and there will be even MORE pivotal fixtures between now and the end of the season.

These games always make me nervous, form book can go out the window
I'm more confident after the result on Wednesday, but we'll see.

I'm still going for a 3-1 win for us and a 24 hour drinking binge for me to celebrate.

A win or a draw today and they can do nothing to stop us winning the league. They're shit at the back and they can't afford not to win so they'll have to go for it. We're at our best against attacking teams, 3-0 or 3-1 for us.

Oh, what I’d give to be at Ibrox singing “we shall not be moved” when we take the lead today.

Come on Rangers!

Today is a free shot for us mate.

Win today and we (very likely) win the league.

If we draw then we're in a great position going into the second half of the season (at least 7 points clear).

If we lose then even if Celtic win their 3 games in hand we're 4 points ahead of them.

If they win today, I agree there's a bit of a momentum swing but even with the momentum swing, we're still two bad results ahead of them.

They are the one's doing the chasing. Even with a win today, and winning all their games in hand, we are comfortably ahead of them.

4 points is not a comfortable lead.

with a momentum swing.
With 2 old firm games to come.
With half fixtures still to play.
With how the first half of the season has went(ie us playing well and mentally challengeds poorly)

ideally we want to wim today but we must not lose imo.

I am not worried or nervous about Celtic at all in this game. However I am somewhat nervous and worried about the referee, Bobby Madden as his 'decisions' could swing the game their way.

I don't want to lower our expectations but apparently he has refereed six Rangers v Celtic games and we haven't won any of them. He has also sent off several Rangers players in those games.

Hopefully, we will be far too good for the mhanks and score a few goals. I suppose even a Scottish referee might not be capable of changing that with millions around the world watching.

Getting a wee bit emotional imagining the smiles on the faces of our fans at the final whistle after a famous win. Come on Rangers. Ready.

Today we're presented with an excellent opportunity to ram the last 10 years down their throats and take our place back at the top of Scottish football for the forseeable future.

Agreed.

Free hit suggests even if we lose it doesn’t really matter. It bloody well does, it brings them back into it with a difficult run of fixtures to come this month.

Win today and our lead is huge and it will utterly demoralise them.

It is rhetoric you’d expect from Warburton or Murty, imo.

For me, I don’t think Gerrard approaches it like that at all, thankfully.

4 points is not a comfortable lead.

with a momentum swing.
With 2 old firm games to come.
With half fixtures still to play.
With how the first half of the season has went(ie us playing well and mentally challengeds poorly)

ideally we want to wim today but we must not lose imo.

I agree.

Under normal circumstances we'd consider a 4 point lead at this stage the season good. Under current circumstances we still consider that a poor lead.

I agree 100% with the must not lose.

Todays game is a must win for them and it's a must not lose for us.

Today is the type of day that you can go from being a Rangers player to being a Ranger.

Big game requires big player's.

They will be dangerous today, but we match the hunger and desire and it's our day.

Roofe will score today.

Might get some stick for this but I've got a feeling we might change it a little today with zungu coming in to sit with Davis. Who misses out i don't know. We are quite light in midfield just now with Jack and Arfield being a massive miss.

No matter what happens today we will still be in a great position

Might get some stick for this but I've got a feeling we might change it a little today with zungu coming in to sit with Davis. Who misses out i don't know. We are quite light in midfield just now with Jack and Arfield being a massive miss.

We are light in midfield so you want to start our only midfield cover?

I don't know if my nerves can handle watching this game today. Always feel like this when we play them

Disagree mate.

We started the game away to them with Arfield/Davis/Kamara with Jack on the bench. I don't think for a second Gerrard starts a home game against them with a more negative midfield.

Alot of good work done this season we're in a great position.
However we still have more to do. They need to win this.

For us to win this league and have a massive psychological advantage over them I feel today would be the day that goes a long way to secure this. Lose it and little bits of doubt will creep in with some tough fixtures ahead it will make the players nervous going forward.

2-1 Rangers. Kent and Alfie

I'd love to think that we could use this
game to boost our goal difference, but
I'd be just as happy, as always, to have
one goal more than them at the end of
the day.

As always I would be delighted with just one more goal than the opposition, but I think today will be a draw which will be ok for us. I think they will be a different entity today from October but they can be got at through set pieces and I think Roofe will cause them a massive amount of problems.

Now is the time Rangers! Kiss that famous badge coming out the tunnel and get tore into them from the whistle.
We will all be cheering you on.
You can do it today so C’mon the boys in blue, C’mon Rangers!!!

Back