MOTM Poll Rangers v Celtic - 12:30 Saturday - Sky Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
Hopefully that’s our bad half out the way 45 mins to put pressure on the mentally challengeds one goal and it’s all change
Come on Rangers Let’s Go

Being honest:

They have won the tactical battle.

They have pressed us very high - we have not pressed them.

We are missing a wee bit of dig in midfield.

Our forwards haven't offered anything like enough.

Barisic and Tavernier's first job today is to defend.

I can see Soro getting a red card.
Broon will appear shortly.

Mcgregor 8
Kamara 6
Tav, Goldson 5
Morelos, borna 4
Rest 3
Aribo 1

Unfair to rate the 3 forward players. Service has been absolutely non-existent.

I wouldn't rate Morelos a 4. I wouldn't rate him, Kent or Roofe that highly. Not down to them though. They're just not in the game at all.

SG need to tell a couple of them that this is a Rangers v tramps game. A lot more urgency is needed.

Passing needs tightening up and we need to be a lot better wih possession.

C'mon Rangers, let's have the real you.

Who would have thought that in the first half, Alan McGregor would be our best player ?

Some really poor passing and choices.
Must admit to being fecking pig-sick of seeing us up the pitch, passing all the way back to the goalie who punts it upfield to lose it in some pointless aerial challenge.

That being said, if CFC are going to attack us, we simply must counter-attack much much quicker.

I'm a fan of Kent but he's made some poor choices today.

To me, this is a game made for Itten.

Morelos has been one of the better players. He’s actually managed take a touch and complete a pass a few times, that’s more than the majority in our side. But he seems to be a target regardless.
I disagree, and he was slow as treacle on the break with the one real chance we had.

Zungu on, Aribo to the front 3 could be a tweak that increases the intensity and makes the ball stick up top

Brave management needed.
Hagi and Zungu on ... and Morelos and Aribo off for me.
We clearly need changes in our front 4.
Our Defence and Davis/Kamara are doing fine.
Kent is making runs and has either played a very poor pass or has no support.
Celtc will struggle to keep up this intensity in the second half

Is there an argument to get itten on and go longer?

Also is there also a shout that they will run out of steam as they have clearly out worked us?
Would be my hope for the second half, we have been so far off the pace it's incredible.

Pumped in first half but still 0-0, make changes we need Hagi he can take the ball in tight areas and won't hide.

Some amount of hyperbole on here.

Have we played well? No.

Is it embarrassing? No.

They've played well, but it's still 0-0.

'If it wasn't for McGregor' - that's why he's paid highly and in the team.

Wattenaccio in action today.

They seem to want it more than we do.

Woeful performance so far with only McGregor getting any brownie points.

The only consolation is that we're still even and you'd imagine there would B have to be some improvement in the 2nd half. We need to set the tone early in the 2nd half. Doesn't need to be clear cut chances, just some composure on the ball and the beginnings of asserting some more control

Only positive is its 0-0 and thankfully we have a top class keeper. Roofe and Aribo been extremely poor so far they're offering nothing. Balogun looks a nervous wreck and it seems like every time Edouard plays we are absolutely terrified of him.

The game plan isn't working it's need changed the long balls are coming straight back to us and putting us under pressure.

Do you really think our game was to let their strikers have the ball? :D

Suppose it’s been a successful first half if that’s the case mate
Nah I think our tactic was to tire them out but we've still done it really poorly and if it weren't for McGregor we'd be gubbed.

We’re being overrun in midfield and as a consequence nothing is getting through to our forwards.

Even when it does, it isn’t sticking with Kent, in particular, who basically gives the ball back to them every time he touches it.

We are really missing a Jack or Arfield in the middle. Not sure that Hagi or Zungu are the answer to the Aribo invisibility 1st half, either. I think both of them could also be harried off the ball the same way as has happened to Aribo.

Now here’s a positive thought. Just think how sick they’ll be when Alfie sneaks our totally undeserved winner :D

It would be absolutely criminal if the coaching staff send usbout to do the same thing in the second half. Personnel/tactical tweaks are required. We are extremely lucky to still be level.

Only good thing is we are still in game Joe Aribo playing it like he did his first game against them he needs to sharpen up or come off.

Only greegsy with pass marks rest need to get finger out

Ive said it before teams are stopping our best system by cutting out Tav and Borna.
They're not even doing that in this game. They are just playing so high up that our full backs haven't got out. Their tactic has been to press high, use their midfield energy, and prevent Davis and Kamara having time on the ball.
The full backs are still the out ball today. Their full backs are coming forward, so I'd expect Morelos and Roofe to play wider now to use that space, and pull their centre halfs out.

Back