An action plan to have them removed from the broomloan

Guys,

It has gone very quiet. And apologies. I started a new job in December. And it has been a million times busier than I expected.

I've had to throw everything into it.

Where I currently am with it is that SR has agreed to accept and present a formal paper to the board at either the next board meeting or the one after. Both will be in time to make the relevant changes.

The key considerations are

- are we pushing this because they are not winning
- it may cost us more money
- away fans who don't want to lose their ticket to parkhead.

I've started working on the paper, but it's a bit of a way off at present.

The key things will be the votes, the classification of those votes and what views are portrayed.

I need to re run the survey as initial thoughts were the rangers number wouldn't be 100% critical and the board would listen to a percentage with that info. That won't be the case. If a rangers number isn't supplied, the vote won't count. A name next to he rangers number is also going to be needed.

I'll also be aiming to progress with the active campaigning to those not on social media to get more feedback.

With a bit of external help, I'm working on some key supporters to the campaign.

Apologies that things haven't progressed massively of late. It took up a huge amount of time last year and I've had to chuck myself into work (and some personal challenges).

Have you thought about getting supporters views at Ibrox on a match day? That would be the easiest and best way to do it, a tick box simple yes or no answer and everyone will have their smart card on them so can provide their Rangers number as verification.

@Papasmurf

Was on another forum last night an saw a pic which immediately made me think of this thread

I_see_what_you_did_there_3b2525_4070596.jpg

:)

:D:D

We have Bears wanting to move hundreds if not thousands of other Bears out of the Copland front to make way and create a safe standing area when we have an area that could be converted with ease right next to where the fhilth should be located,What a big giruy would that be when the fhilth visit.

We have Bears wanting to move hundreds if not thousands of other Bears out of the Copland front to make way and create a safe standing area when we have an area that could be converted with ease right next to where the fhilth should be located,What a big giruy would that be when the fhilth visit.

I wouldn’t make it the Broomloan for safe standing

what happens if we get the yahoos in the Scottish cup we,d have to give them a bigger allocation meaning they’d get part of the Broomloan or if hampden shuts down we could get them in a semi or a final and they’d get the Broomie for that

Guys,

It has gone very quiet. And apologies. I started a new job in December. And it has been a million times busier than I expected.

I've had to throw everything into it.

Where I currently am with it is that SR has agreed to accept and present a formal paper to the board at either the next board meeting or the one after. Both will be in time to make the relevant changes.

The key considerations are

- are we pushing this because they are not winning
- it may cost us more money
- away fans who don't want to lose their ticket to parkhead.

I've started working on the paper, but it's a bit of a way off at present.

The key things will be the votes, the classification of those votes and what views are portrayed.

I need to re run the survey as initial thoughts were the rangers number wouldn't be 100% critical and the board would listen to a percentage with that info. That won't be the case. If a rangers number isn't supplied, the vote won't count. A name next to he rangers number is also going to be needed.

I'll also be aiming to progress with the active campaigning to those not on social media to get more feedback.

With a bit of external help, I'm working on some key supporters to the campaign.

Apologies that things haven't progressed massively of late. It took up a huge amount of time last year and I've had to chuck myself into work (and some personal challenges).
Thanks for taking the time to give us an update papasmurf.

what happens if we get the yahoos in the Scottish cup we,d have to give them a bigger allocation meaning they’d get part of the Broomloan or if hampden shuts down we could get them in a semi or a final and they’d get the Broomie for that
They get the seats and not the opportunity to stand plus they can't wreck them, win win.

Thanks for the update PS.
Have you thought about getting supporters views at Ibrox on a match day? That would be the easiest and best way to do it, a tick box simple yes or no answer and everyone will have their smart card on them so can provide their Rangers number as verification.
I'd help with this.
A couple of bodies at each turnstile.
Simple yes/no, take name and Rangers number.
Could probably be done over 2 home games.

Don't think the fhilth sit much in the Broomie as it is at games now and it's not kitted out for safe standing.

Bin this thread it's embarrassing i hate they cants more than anyone but what makes oldfirm games is a large away support.
I take it papasmurf was not at the game when mojo scored the last minute winner part of the fun was when we scored the broomloan emptied in seconds.

Bin this thread it's embarrassing i hate they cants more than anyone but what makes oldfirm games is a large away support.
I take it papasmurf was not at the game when mojo scored the last minute winner part of the fun was when we scored the broomloan emptied in seconds.
If more mentally challengeds is what makes the game for you then good for you.
I'd rather thousands more Rangers fans got to see us play.

Never going to happen. Best derby atmosphere in the world. The reason is that we have both sets of supporters there in large numbers. The only change made should be be that we get an equal % of the tickets for the pedodome as they get for Ibrox. If they are getting 8,000 or 16% of 50,000 we should be getting 9,600 tickets. Larger number of away supporters hurts more when we lose but makes victory sweeter when we win. I don't recall so many complaints about the scum allocation during the 9 in a row years when we were winning all the time. Cutting there allocation will see ours cut. I for one don't want to see that happen. I want to see as many Bears as possible crammed into the piggery to will our boys on to victory.

Maybe its just me . It's nice to see some Rangers fans being more concerned about our seperated bretheren from across the Clyde than their own brothers and sisters . Changed days indeed , or are they just selfish ? Make your own mind up about that one . Give them the corner , end of story .

And I take it you weren’t at the countless games where the scum got a result at Ibrox, helped by their support having such a large pitchside presence, so large they are uncontainable. Good luck trying to halt their 10iar pitch invasion.

Our pitchside presence at their shithouse is easily swamped by stewards. Our own fans penned in like pigs at a piggery.

Never going to happen. Best derby atmosphere in the world. The reason is that we have both sets of supporters there in large numbers. The only change made should be be that we get an equal % of the tickets for the pedodome as they get for Ibrox. If they are getting 8,000 or 16% of 50,000 we should be getting 9,600 tickets. Larger number of away supporters hurts more when we lose but makes victory sweeter when we win. I don't recall so many complaints about the scum allocation during the 9 in a row years when we were winning all the time. Cutting there allocation will see ours cut. I for one don't want to see that happen. I want to see as many Bears as possible crammed into the piggery to will our boys on to victory.
You don't remember complaints during nine in a row?
I remember we completely banned them.

How can you say you'd rather see more bears at the piggery but you'll deprive them of a ticket for Ibrox?

Your missing the point..We give them a whole end and yet we are stuck in a corner at the dome. Do you think thats fair?
Why should we give them this advantage at our ground!! We deprive Rangers supporters season tickets in the broomloan to accommodate them and yet they won't do the same at the dome.
Sorry, I would rather not have them at Ibrox full stop until the support and their players learn how to behave .
Surely as a Rangers supporter you agree?

This is what we should be pressong for instead of crying over the Broomloan!

If i sat in the Broomloan and had to be moved for Celtic supporters

I would be a tad annoyed to say the least

I don’t sit there but I will fight the cause for them
As that’s what we do as Rangers Supporters

Sometimes I really despair

You cannae beat it when their fannies !{ anagram } keep the ball when it's kicked into the Broomloan, we give awes a replacement ball,i then they throw the first ball back on to spoil momentum.

Great craic.

Get them to fućk.

I feel sad reading some of the replies on here,, saying that having a load of mentally challengeds in our ground is what makes it special,,when will sections of support wake up to the fact,, these animals despise our very being,, they think of us as sub human and open to humiliation and ridicule, all with tacit support from those in the piggery boardroom

It all annoys me. Obviously. But one of the ridiculous things, I can get a ticket for me and my son at their dump, my son can't get one at Ibrox.

That madness must stop.

Someone's getting worried about the prospect of not handing Celtic £50 a couple of times a season.

It all annoys me. Obviously. But one of the ridiculous things, I can get a ticket for me and my son at their dump, my son can't get one at Ibrox.

That madness must stop.
I've not had a ticket there in over ten years sadly. But happy to keep the status quo, if it means them gone.

Thanks for the update PS.

I'd help with this.
A couple of bodies at each turnstile.
Simple yes/no, take name and Rangers number.
Could probably be done over 2 home games.

Add another volunteer for that.

I was there the day Johnston scored and it was the fact that it was him that had scored that made it special, not the number of tims in the stadium or how quickly they left.

You're completely missing the point. Our fans get kettled in and out of their midden, forced to stand behind fences whilst we wait for their fans to be allowed to make their way into the piggery, right past the entrance to the diddy away supporter corner that they allow us. Then, we're tucked away in a wee shitey out of sight of the TV cameras crappy section, whilst we give the scum prime TV coverage taking up an entire end behind our goals.

It's deliberate by them. It's all about marginalising our club's image and creating an image that they are the bigger club. They do this every week with their pathetic attendance figures inflated for the empty seat fans who never ever appear in their midden unless they are playing us or in europe, whilst our fans fill our ground every weekend.

If you're happy to have them continue to wipe the floor with us on the global TV marketing stage, then that's up to you. I've had enough of it though. The merest start of our rebalancing of this grossly inequitous situation is to get the tramps out the broomy and in where all the other away fans are housed. We should also make them wait behind police lines whilst our fans make their way into our stadium. We need a right of way for fans coming from the Wee Rangers Club.

Whats the logistics of putting them in the enclosure west and main stand above .

Regards exit its simple they are held.for 20 mins after match to let the bears away .
A barrier could be formed no proplem for them to get to applicable turn styles
For entry .

Add another volunteer for that.

I was there the day Johnston scored and it was the fact that it was him that had scored that made it special, not the number of tims in the stadium or how quickly they left.

You're completely missing the point. Our fans get kettled in and out of their midden, forced to stand behind fences whilst we wait for their fans to be allowed to make their way into the piggery, right past the entrance to the diddy away supporter corner that they allow us. Then, we're tucked away in a wee shitey out of sight of the TV cameras crappy section, whilst we give the scum prime TV coverage taking up an entire end behind our goals.

It's deliberate by them. It's all about marginalising our club's image and creating an image that they are the bigger club. They do this every week with their pathetic attendance figures inflated for the empty seat fans who never ever appear in their midden unless they are playing us or in europe, whilst our fans fill our ground every weekend.

If you're happy to have them continue to wipe the floor with us on the global TV marketing stage, then that's up to you. I've had enough of it though. The merest start of our rebalancing of this grossly inequitous situation is to get the tramps out the broomy and in where all the other away fans are housed. We should also make them wait behind police lines whilst our fans make their way into our stadium. We need a right of way for fans coming from the Wee Rangers Club.

Get them in the Broomie corner at the Govan along with the fans of every other club.

They are no different from others and should be treated exactly the same.

We have had fans of bigger clubs in there and no complaints were heard.

Rangers stadium for Rangers fans.

every word spot on if the club has not the balls to do it then the minimum should be 5 rows in the front banner covered and 10 rows behind the goal similar covered and pass on the reduced revenue to the rest of the scum

I said on the previous OF thread that people should refuse tickets to the piggery to show people aren’t bothered about going there. It was a sell out and people scrambling for tickets. The best thing to do would be to refuse your tickets for the piggery. When our section is st least half empty it’ll be obvious. Until then it looks like demand is there.

The main gripe about the Celtic support is that it always looks from the tv cameras that they have half the stadium, and when we play them at the piggery you can hardly see the Rangers support because we are stuck in a corner.

Its only a issue because they have been winning most of the time, but think how sweet it will be when we get a win, the more of them there is when we beat them better.

That day is coming soon.

The main gripe about the Celtic support is that it always looks from the tv cameras that they have half the stadium, and when we play them at the piggery you can hardly see the Rangers support because we are stuck in a corner.

Its only a issue because they have been winning most of the time, but think how sweet it will be when we get a win, the more of them there is when we beat them better.

That day is coming soon.
When we beat them I want more of our fans there.
There can be no arguing that more mentally challengeds watching us beat them is ever preferable to more Bears getting to see it.

That day is coming soon.

TBH, I think that gripe is down the list. Behind our fans not getting in, kids being left out, their behaviour and competitive advantage.

When we beat them I want more of our fans there.
There can be no arguing that more mentally challengeds watching us beat them is ever preferable to more Bears getting to see it.

I agree, but the stadium only has so many seats, the only way to get more bears in is to reduce the away support or expand the stadium.

If you reduce the away support you take away from the atmosphere, the best option would be to move them into a corner, but the corners are too small. hence the only solution would be part of an expansion to the stadium, and I would guess thats not part of the boards plans due to finance at the moment.

Last edited:
Back