Open Goal Podcast

Status
Not open for further replies.
People are loving trying to compare the game to the cup final

Another attempt at rewriting history for the mentally challengeds
We dominated 90 minutes that day.

They dominated 25-30 minutes? Then dropped off and were still the better team tbf, up until the hour mark when their shite defence was exposed again and they made a c unt of and got a red card.

The myth already that it’s anything remotely like the cup final needs squashed.

We dominated 90 minutes that day.

They dominated 25-30 minutes? Then dropped off and were still the better team tbf, up until the hour mark when their shite defence was exposed again and they made a c unt of and got a red card.

The myth already that it’s anything remotely like the cup final needs squashed.
They had one shot from inside the 18 yard box and that was in the first few minutes of the game.

Leigh Griffiths fan club out in force again.

“why take him off” - because he’s a fat prick who was done in after 50mins

Thumbheids goalscoring record in OF games is an embarrassment for the supposed world beater that he is.

Got to the part where they all collectively agreed there was nothing wrong with footballers going to dubai in a pandemic and havin a few beers. Jeeeesus christ the mental gymnastics to justify that one!

Got to the part where they all collectively agreed there was nothing wrong with footballers going to dubai in a pandemic and havin a few beers. Jeeeesus christ the mental gymnastics to justify that one!

as much as I like Barry Ferguson he has always advocated teams drinking together for team spirit so that’s no surprise to hear him say that.

Ferry probably didn’t play at a higher level because he’s a bit too fond of a night out so no surprises on that front either

I thought they completely missed the point. It’s one thing doing that under normal circumstances during an official winter break. No one is going to begrudge them that. However, it’s quite another, when they are mixing in with the general population in the middle of a global pandemic when most people are stuck at home and the winter break has been cancelled

Ended up watching the Hogmany special to see what they were on about with Slaney get ripped and thought it was pretty funny.

i listened to it at work today and thought it was largely very funny with some proper laugh out loud moments.

i then watched a bit of it and it’s funny how my opinion of Kiernan changed slightly, could definitely pick up a few awkward vibes that you obviously don’t pick up from audio only.

I thought they completely missed the point. It’s one thing doing that under normal circumstances during an official winter break. No one is going to begrudge them that. However, it’s quite another, when they are mixing in with the general population in the middle of a global pandemic when most people are stuck at home and the winter break has been cancelled

Exactly its not about the beer, its the social distancing.

Give Slainey his due, he said they shouldnt be there.

Have went massively off this podcast now for some reason, used to love it as well!
I’m the same and it’s strange as well because it’s only now we’re looking competent enough to compete in the league. Think the banter and overall ambience of the show has been upset by us performing well. Would’ve preferred the usual 3 mentally challengeds today without Ferguson so they’d be even more upset and shouting over each other.

The 3 of them (minus Barry) must have watched a different game from me at the weekend because I don’t think they battered us at all, early first half yes but after McGregor’s wondersave they were mainly restricted to potshots from distance.

I thought Celtic had ran their race in the first half and our tactical change at half time swung the balance in our favour. For me we looked the team more likely to score in the second half. Once the sending off and OG happened we seen the game out without needing to go chasing another goal.

Foster made about 10 really good saves in that game, we cut them open time and time again, Greegs made 3 saves.
Exactly and after the first 25 mins they never had another shot on target, I'm sick of this lazy comparison, even a lot of scum fans are saying they did nothing after 25 mins.

Exactly and after the first 25 mins they never had another shot on target, I'm sick of this lazy comparison, even a lot of scum fans are saying they did nothing after 25 mins.

My tim pal in work said the same to me yesterday, said it was nothing like the Cup final and they ran out of steam after half an hour. I was disappointed as I was hoping he’d be delusional and I could wind him up, but he was honest and said they were kidding themselves on if they think that was good enough as it was basically the best they had played all season and still couldn’t beat us.

Agree mate, sick of that staunch mentally challenged Halliday being lauded for coming across as a class guy on it. Same as Barry Ferguson, a joke.
I like Si interviews but some people here are absolutely desperate to avoid calling the podcast what it is.

Si Ferry, Slaney and Kevin Kyle are all died in the wool mentally challengeds. Just because they throw a bear on now and again doesn’t really change the poet dynamic, every week the ratio is 75 to 100% Celtic fans.

Am I right in saying Peter Lawwells son is the owner\director of the podcast?

Well, Ferry is a Celtic employee and Mr Lawwell’s son, Paul, is the sole director of Open Goal Media. They’re hardly going to criticise it!

Lazy comparison with the Cup Final this week.

I quite like this podcast, though only started this season. I like Barry Ferguson but it’s much better when Halliday is on. This weeks is far too Celtic orientated.

Its pretty good when Celtic drop points (other than this week).

Love Barry but his appearances are a bit repetitive on Open Goal now.

Same stories about McGregor.
Bigging up Numan
Talking about his moods after defeats etc.
Getting into bother after old firms.

You can tell that he's always intense/serious and never switches off when the cameras are on him which is what made him the player and captain he was but he must have some cracking stories that he could tell outwith the ones we keep hearing.

Too many people try and be offended by Open Goal.

Kyle and Slane are thick as mince but Ferry is a decent host. They obviously want Celtic to win but I don't think it effects the show. There's never any agendas or conspiracies on it, if anything Ferry just says how he'd prefer Celtic to line up tactically.

Having Barry or Halliday on is always a great balance. And on the other show, Derek Ferguson balances out Maccavennie who's in the same category as Kyle and Slane.

Too many people try and be offended by Open Goal.

Kyle and Slane are thick as mince but Ferry is a decent host. They obviously want Celtic to win but I don't think it effects the show. There's never any agendas or conspiracies on it, if anything Ferry just says how he'd prefer Celtic to line up tactically.

Having Barry or Halliday on is always a great balance. And on the other show, Derek Ferguson balances out Maccavennie who's in the same category as Kyle and Slane.
Frank is probably worse than slaney and Kyle lol

there’s rare times slaney actually puts a couple of half decent points across

for somebody that hated his only an excuse persona frank still peddling he’s a mad shagger at grandad age is actually embarrassing. Makes no points whatsoever actually convinced he barely watches football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back