Hibs consulting their players re tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it must be fringe players and fuds that don't get a game often that are isolating because if it was their "superstars" they would get the game cancelled. Never trust this club to tell the truth

Where are people reading its celtics reserves? It is likely to be near their full 11 and hence why hibs have suspicions. Do you honestly trust the Celtic SPFL SFA to do the right thing?

The rumoured absentees, if true, would suggest that the only outfield player missing, from the starting lineup V Rangers last Saturday ) is Biton who would’ve been suspended anyway.

Hibs have requested that all Celtc players participating in tonight's game take a pre-match Covid Test.

Both Celtc and the SPFL refused.

Several Hibs players apparently now have reservations about playing tonight.
How could they refuse? I can almost guarantee there will be more positives. Maybe i just answered my own question.

The rapid tests come back in 20 minutes mate, there's absolutely something more to their refusal.
Just arrogance and feeling of self importance? maybe? concerned more players will show up and they'll get hammered? maybe.

Pretty sure we had a similar situation in pre-season with the Motherwell game, where either us or them had issues with the tests we'd sent in, and it was announced the kick off was delayed about dinner time and it started an hour or two later than planned in order to re-rest those affected. If it could be done in July, it can 100% be done a lot easier now that teams have been doing it for 6 months or so every week. Literally the only reason is self-preservation by Celtic, in case they're forced to forfeit, and regardless of whether the rules don't strictly mention that they have to do a second round of testing I think in the current situation it's reckless not to.

At a time when the pandemic is probably at it's worst point, and there is a discussion starting to build in the media about football continuing to be played (which I think is alarmist and frankly unnecessary), it's mindblowing the SPFL/SFA are happy to side with Celtic on this. Putting the whole game under the microscope to cover for the mistakes and inadequacy at one club.

Genuinely the only reason they would refuse testing is if they have something to hide. Why else?
Arrogance is a likely 2nd option. Sheer arrogance and feeling of self importance that the wouldn't do anything more than they absolutely have to and to sneer and look down on all else.

I think it's likely all the isolated players are not first team regulars and this has led hibs to be suspicious.

If they couldn't prove it tho nothing they could do.

Wouldn't put it past them for a minute to lie about who was seated near the player who tested positive to ensure they can field the strongest team possible.

They truly believe they are beyond reproach. There two statements recently showed that. No remorse or even acceptance their trip might have been a mistake.

Suppose we'll see when the teams announced.

So why no more tests before this game with a squad who clearly broke protocol.

Its an embarrassment. Test could have been done yesterday that would have been approved.
They are claiming that their last lot of tests were done within the time frame, as stated in the SPFL Rules, so they cannot be forced to provide more tests and are refusing to do so.

The SPFL Board have backed them, as per the rules in place, when in reality they should have held an Emergency Board Meeting and ordered them to take another lot of tests, due to Health & Safety concerns, given the extenuating circumstances.

Football is a small world so maybe chat has got around about other stuff that’s not public knowledge

Could be true

No matter what way you paint it though football is for the fans as much as anyone else

Imagine Rangers letting a snippet like that out 2 hours before the game and no one sure if the game is going ahead or not

Hibs.

Quite incredible isn't it.
Never likely to be anything other.

Hibs should be briefing their lawyers and providing the SPFL and Celtic with details that IF someone who plays tonight subsequently is tested positive in the following days, and someone at Hibs is then positive then there will be major legal action.

These cunts are taking absolute liberties and putting the health of people at risk.

When are these shitty, pathetic diddy clubs going to kick up a fuss about the governence of the game in Scotland? They've had ample opportunity and failed to do so at every turn. Shitebags.

Bit late for Hibs to doing this now is it not? Whilst I sympathise with their concerns, all that will happen is that Hibs will be adjudged to be forfeiting the match and that might get appealed at a later date.
you'd think they'd have a retort for refusal of another test, erm....move the match until after next scheduled covid mutant test...it's topical, could still not detect virus but at least it says that there actually applying thinking instead of just bowing as usual.

In my view, Hibs have a legitimate concern, and made a reasonable request. The fact that it’s been refused (and Hibs seem to have been threatened with a points deduction) is likely to fire them up. Against what looks likely to be a weakened Celtic side, certainly missing their manager.

Repeated sources confirming the game is going ahead, Hibs en route, there’s not going to be any postponement now.

Should all make for an interesting game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back