Rangers Supporters Back In The Day

MrRipley

139154894_3697926020250455_6969489975339885689_o.jpg

This cracking image has just come up in my Facebook feed.
More old Glasgow of the 70's and 80's in the link
https://www.facebook.com/crbooks/photos/pcb.3697929333583457/3697924753583915

Last edited:
The wee guy in the far bottom right looks as if he's wearing the then new red away Umbro shirt of 78-81. A belter of a shirt.

Probably my favourite ever away strip.
We wore the home strip from 1978-1982. Incredible to think of these days, 4 years with the same top.

The young guy near the front middle on the left of the chap with the horrific combover, has a scarf with '1978' ( Scottish cup winners 1978'?) on it so it's from late 78 at the earliest.

I was more than likely in that very crowd.

Here's the biggest difference between then and now.

Virtually every Rangers supporter in that picture wore their colours.

They did so with genuine pride, and without fear or apology.

Sadly, nowadays that is not always the case.

You couldn’t enough scarfs back then. They were worn tied to your wrist, round your waist, or even round your head :)

I was more than likely in that very crowd.

Here's the biggest difference between then and now.

Virtually every Rangers supporter in that picture wore their colours.

They did so with genuine pride, and without fear or apology.

Sadly, nowadays that is not always the case.

I'm of the same era, mate. However, the Peasants can violently assault Bears without comeback from the police or courts, which could be why colours aren't so prominent these days in the city before or after games.

You couldn’t enough scarfs back then. They were worn tied to your wrist, round your waist, or even round your head :)
Hahaha. I was one of those 'can't have too many scarves' bear cubs. Wouldn't have been allowed to the piggery or Hampden without an adult when that was taken, but was at Ibrox myself or with my pals from about '80 onwards. Could have sold scarves outside the ground, I had that many.

Fancy I'd be at the game where our support is pictured, i very rarely missed a game home or away in the 70's early 80's; then proper jobs came along.

Thought that was Mongo Broon lying on the pavement at the Saracen HeadB-D

It can't be hat exciting the guy far left 6 rows up is asleep.

Not the bonniest crowd and looks like some folk have been photoshopped in , but the good old days standing, fags and no women !

Didn't know Carlos the Jackal was s Rangers man.
He's the one with the thick round glasses up the back to the right

Back