Complacency is our biggest enemy now and it was in full view today.

We were never going to win every game, and Fir Park is always a tough place to go, regardless of their league position.

Not at our best in first half, but better in second and could have sneaked it.

No damage done and I've seen enough to believe we will not have the collapse we've experienced in the last couple of years.

I thought we were absolutely woeful today players looked as if the game was already won.

Some taking three touches when one is enough not shooting when presented with the chance and the lazy touches.

Hopefully Gerrard can use this as massive warning that if we don’t apply ourselves properly we won’t win.

On a pitch like that, it was impossible to shift the ball quickly.

We started poorly, but we still deserved to win.

It just wasn't our day.
It happens to every team on the planet.

It wasn't complacency at all.

Motherwell were well organized and none of our players really played very well. Sometimes it is that simple.
Exactly. Their centre halves didn’t budge. They worked very hard. Should have still found a way to score but don’t think it was complacency because Motherwell never got out their own half so we must have been at least matching their physical effort.

Kent needs a bit of time on the bench offering very little at the moment.

Also think that Alfie plays to far away from goal meaning we have very little in the box.

crosses in to the box today very poor

Disagree. Towards the end I didn't recognise one of our players, before realising it was Goldson. I just hadn't expected to see him camped on the edge of their box. Lots of wee passing triangles, but couldn't break through. That's where our width usually saves us, but they were off the boil today. Ho hum, not a great result but on we go

People are happy to theoretically accept that we will drop points before the end of the season and that we can win every game, but then blow a gasket when it actually happens. Not at our best, but still unbeaten and a relatively painless reminder of what is still required

I thought we were absolutely woeful today players looked as if the game was already won.

Some taking three touches when one is enough not shooting when presented with the chance and the lazy touches.

Hopefully Gerrard can use this as massive warning that if we don’t apply ourselves properly we won’t win.
How long you been sitting on that post ?

Back to getting it out wide and crossing.

The attitude continued on from the last half hour against the sheep.

Lack of options due to injuries beginning to show as well.
That pitch wasn't one to be trying to thread intricate passes on. Can understand trying to use the crosses.

Absolute shite.

The first 30 minutes were terrible and you could argue it was complacency tbh. We got better but i felt our lack of goals from central midfield was a big issue today. No danger from shots from around the box or runs in behind from any of them.
Its definitely a reminder that we have win nothing yet.

Second half we pinned them in and played well.

First half Motherwell’s passes were crisp and they were getting out well, that didn’t happen in the second half.

We conceded a poor goal and couldn’t get the 2nd which is obviously disappointing.

To suggest any sort of complacency after a draw is a joke ffs.

We drew a game it happens, it’s football.

Panty wetter outing themselves.
We dominated that game, they got lucky with their one time they got in behind us and put it away.
Other than that they dug in deep and stopped us getting in about them.
Only gripe a have is not enough efforts from range and not committing them with dribbles.

Oh here we go.

We had a bad performance today with 3 key players really poor, and we still dominated the game and dug out a point.

The end.

Agree we were sloppy at times but, we battered them second half. Goldson header and chance for Defoe at the end was unlucky in the extreme.

To say it was 'complacency' is complete and utter bullshit though. Goldson was pretty much camped in their final 3rd for the last half hour.

Wasnt our day today but, no damage done.

Aribo wasn’t on his game today and should have come off but we didn’t have an alternative on the bench, unless one midfielder comes back soon I would like us to get another midfielder even if it’s only on loan.

First points we have dropped since September and the moon howlers are out.
They've probably had those posts sat typed out since then just waiting to go.

Poor bastards will still be hiding behind the couch when the league is won.

Oh here we go.

We had a bad performance today with 3 key players really poor, and we still dominated the game and dug out a point.

The end.
There’s some serious pish posted on here whenever we are not on song.
We completely dominated the second half and should have won the game
Drama Queens on here never happy

Realistically we are not very likely to get the entire season our way, despite what we want as a support. The performance was decent, we simply did not score today. The title will not come in a straight line.

We didn't do the basics right. Gerrard constantly hammers home you need to win the 1 on 1 battles and then the quality will come into play. Far too many passive performances and lacking aggression.

Alexander had them fired up and with the likes of Watt, Gallagher and O'Donnell they have plenty of them up for the battles.

Kent, Aribo, Kamara, Hagi, Morelos, Barasic, Tav all showed little flashes of quality but nowhere near enough. I don't think it was complacency, more just a bad day at the office.

Next, put it out the mind and move on.

Would love to know did you actually watch the game?

We did dominate the game, what are you on about? They had no shots in the second half, we had one cleared off the line, Aribo missed a sitter.

We just weren’t creative enough to creative more clear chances.

I actually think the team set up wasn’t right against a team that’ll battle like Motherwell. Hagi isn’t the ideal option I don’t think. These are games that we miss Arfield and Jack.
Don't rely on Jack because he is regular walking cripple he is injured for long periods far to often, not for the Sfa team it seems and every time he plays for them we seem to have to do without him for long spells.

Poor today but to many of us think we'll win every single game that was 15 wins in a row it was going to come to an end at some point. Gerrard will use that as a reminder to get the standard back up. We will also have Ryan Jack back next week which will be a big lift as aribo has been pretty poor of late. Its another weekend we're they haven't gained any points on us. After hibs 5 or our next 8 games are at home at 6 of those are against bottom 6 teams we're in a fantastic position

We were screening out for a midfielder to drive at them today. Gives their defenders a choice to make. We made their defenders jod easy today just passing it along the midfield with little penetration.

Our midfield didn’t function again. It seems you’re not allowed to offer constructive criticism on here any more though.

Panty wetter outing themselves.
We dominated that game, they got lucky with their one time they got in behind us and put it away.
Other than that they dug in deep and stopped us getting in about them.
Only gripe a have is not enough efforts from range and not committing them with dribbles.

You just know some of our support have been waiting for a wee slip so they can get torn in. We absolutely love turning on our own. Just like the Tims who will be howling 'See. See. Ah telt ye they ur shite' they are best ignored mate.

We started slowly but I didn't see any complacency today myself. We pushed for the win right until the end.

Reactions: M@x
Kent needs a bit of time on the bench offering very little at the moment.

Also think that Alfie plays to far away from goal meaning we have very little in the box.

crosses in to the box today very poor
He was excellent last week.

Slow start once again was a hard frustrated shift ,need to shoot more from inside and outside the box as chances missing here,but once again defend defend defend not interested in trying to play football every opposition we play are looking for breaks to create chances rather than make them .
MO
WATP

I don’t think complacency was the issue today.

The issue was our creative players (Kent and Aribo) were garbage today, and our full backs delivery was woeful on the whole.

We did dominate the game, what are you on about? They had no shots in the second half, we had one cleared off the line, Aribo missed a sitter.

We just weren’t creative enough to creative more clear chances.

The first half was so poor mate yes we should’ve won yes we dominated but didn’t win and that’s all that matters

the quality was not there but it certainly wasnt complacency

We were poor in the first half but completely dominated the second half and dug out a point.

Posters on here will have us losing this league due to a draw at fir park lol. Calm doon folks. +21.

We started slowly, but, after they scored we dominated possession right to the end.
On another day we would have won this game, but it wasn't to be, these things happen in football, no damage done though.

We pissed away the first half hour until they scored with a far too passive attitude. Also no one prepared to shoot from outside the box and instead back to the cross after cross after cross. I suppose the law of averages meant we’d scored from one. Very disappointing.

Every title winning season there are quite a few games like that, especially away from home. We get a point, Jermain nearly got the winner, one bit of shoddy defending lost us a goal, McGregor had nothing to do most of the game. so we move onwards and upwards. No complacency, if there was any then that would have shaken them up.

The first half was so poor mate yes we should’ve won yes we dominated but didn’t win and that’s all that matters

So you’ve went from we didn’t dominate to we did dominate?

All that matters is we win the league, we’ve not been beat yet and have dropped first points in 16 games.

We were one goal line clearance away from winning, if we had we would have said how unlucky we were not to win by more given our territorial domination.

We weren’t our best but maintained a 21 point lead

Was evident from the start which is just not on. We are so close and performances like this today are exactly what we are trying to avoid. High standards have put us where we are and that's what's required now when it really matters most to get this over the line. WIthout overreacting I hope Gerrard is in there right now letting them all know today's efforts are not acceptable.

Last edited:

Totally.
We began the match in stroll mode.
It has been the same for weeks.

Back