Complacency is our biggest enemy now and it was in full view today.

Not our greatest day but I bet it gives the players a wee kick up the arse and show them that we need to give everything between now and May

More predictable than complacent for me.Constantly giving the ball to the full backs rather than other players taking a more attacking responsibilty.

We were back to that side to side, cross, cleared, repeat mode today.

I know the gap is 12 points, I know it’s the first points dropped in ages, I know we are unbeaten but it still doesn’t stop me getting nervous. This is the most riding on a league championship I’ve ever known.

He was excellent last week.
Not to sure I would say excellent but he was good last week.

he had a very poor match today, should have been subbed a lot earlier.

Considering what he is capable of he has been so inconsistent this year

I had a sneaky feeling we might slip up today and thought if we did it would come about through a mixture of tiredness and complacency.

Which is frustrating because the opportunity was there to pull further ahead of the Yahoos and put in the sort of performance that marks out champions.

Ultimately it’s another game closer to the finish line though and we haven’t lost any ground on Celtic, but we’ve still a long way to go and a lot of tough fixtures to play before we get there so I hope Gerrard finds a way of revitalising the players as Aberdeen apart there’s been a noticeable falling off in our levels of energy and precision over the last month.

Agree but never going to be likely on winter porridge pitches. I just hope we get Ibrox ready for our home games.
Agree. The pitches just now don't suit the Kents and Aribo. Running with the ball close to your feet on these surface is proving to be difficult. This was a tricky game which after the first half I am glad is over with nothing lost or gained. Reset. Let's go.

I don't think complacency or desire has anything to do with it
There are upsets in every league in every country every week
It happens and it happened to us today

Not a big deal

I am not going to criticise players that have put us in such a position.

But the last 30 minutes last week and the first half today we were slack. Thought the pitch contributed today to our poor passing. Gerrard was correct we didn’t start to the second half. Goals lost last week and today because of players being lazy and losing their man.

Next week we need to start right away, let’s win this League not amble over the line.

I am sure that’s what Gerrard and the coaching staff will be drumming into them.

I thought we were absolutely woeful today players looked as if the game was already won.

Some taking three touches when one is enough not shooting when presented with the chance and the lazy touches.

Hopefully Gerrard can use this as massive warning that if we don’t apply ourselves properly we won’t win.
Stick yer panty wetting negatives right up yer sphincter

Good call from the op. The one point that I would make is that Fir Park is usually a very hard game for us and they are fighting for their jobs in the Premiership next season.

First points we have dropped since September and the moon howlers are out

Totally
We've dropped 2 points in 16 games since September, only failed to score in one game all season. Sevenbdays ago we were effectively 10 points ahead, today we're effectively 12 clear. We weren't great in the way half, thoroughly deserved our goal and maybe the win, but that will do me. On the 1st of December I'd have taken 21 out of the available 27. At the minute we've taken19 out of 21. We're doing fine.

Is every game we drop points complacency or can we just have a poor week and not expect a win every single week which is nigh on impossible?

we were all right saying January is a season definer

we started it 7 points ahead (assuming they win all games in hand which isn’t a foregone conclusion)

we are now possibly 12 ahead in that said tough month

I think we are hitting the wall atm, but so far we have managed to grind out results. Thats a monumental step forward from last season where we seemed to crash and burn. If we just keep turning the screw a game at a time, the breakthrough will follow.

Midfield was the problem today. We allowed Motherwell in behind in wide areas a few times early on. Our full backs play high so we are always vulnerable there. Sooner Jack is back the better as he sits in and mops that stuff up all day.

Creativity wasnt there either. Too many touches, too few efforts on goal and just slow in general.

We can't win them all I suppose.

It's amazing how differently we all see the game
For me I can't see how anyone can see the first 20mins of that game anythubg other than complaceny.
Yes some players didn't have a great game overall (that happens) but our general work ethic & game play can only be explained by complaceny
Some on FF seem so confident the league has already been won, I don't share that view. Is it because of previous 2 years, is it still because there are alot if games to be played, is it with 3 points for a win that draws can cause you problems even with a lead - its a ombination of all of these for me.
I want this title so bad that I can't relax leading up to games or during games.
Hopefully like the cup tie with St Mirrenthis is another warning that even a 1% drop in our application could cost us.
Negatives - a dreadful start to the game & 2 points dropped
Positives - team showed character again to get ourselves back into the game & control it & we are no worse off that prior to this weekends fixtures

I am not going to criticise players that have put us in such a position.

But the last 30 minutes last week and the first half today we were slack. Thought the pitch contributed today to our poor passing. Gerrard was correct we didn’t start to the second half. Goals lost last week and today because of players being lazy and losing their man.

Next week we need to start right away, let’s win this League not amble over the line.

I am sure that’s what Gerrard and the coaching staff will be drumming into them.
Very complacent. Aribo may aswell have played the game leaning against a lamp post and all Kent does is run inside to traffic or run off the end of the pitch.

I thought we were absolutely woeful today players looked as if the game was already won.

Some taking three touches when one is enough not shooting when presented with the chance and the lazy touches.

Hopefully Gerrard can use this as massive warning that if we don’t apply ourselves properly we won’t win.
People will argue otherwise but I think you’re right. I’m not as hysterical as the rest but we started the game today expecting to turn up and take 3 points when we should’ve been all out for an early goal.

It is what it is.

200.gif

No damage done.

The team have earned the right to be trusted by the support after any slip ups this season.

We’ve reacted well after Livingston, Hibs and St Mirren, I’m confident we will do so again in our next run of games.

Getting Roofe, Arfield and Jack back, plus maybe some fresh legs in Scott Wright, will be a big boost.

It certainly wasn’t complacency! Motherwells game plan worked well first half. We did enough in the second half to win it but we were poor in the last third of the pitch. Off days happen and the pitch certainly didn’t suit our short passing game that probably explains all the bad touches I certainly don’t think the players were lazy. Bad days happen in football and as you say Gerrard will sort it he wasn’t happy in his interview!

Team weren’t great today and didn’t create enough clear chances in first half

We had 3/4 clear chances in 2nd half and scored

If JD one in IT goes in are all celebrating. It didn’t

Yes we were poor but we didn’t let the gap close so that’s good

Next week we have to improve then we are away to Hibs and that is a tough game

After the Celtic game on the second the more cautious fans were saying if the gaps still the same after January they’d be happy, well it’s increased by four since then with two January games to go. Calm doon
Al be calm if we win those 2 games.

Hibs away next week is massive.

Two points dropped for me today due to first half performance it was not good enough, reminiscent of this time last year. Too many players today going through motions and thinking they just need to turning up and not giving there all, I wanted to see us go for it from the whistle and kill the game off. 2nd half performance was better but midfield to front is the problem no urgency or tempo all too slow and lethargic it was same last week against sheep after going 2-0 up.

It's called football. It's not called win every game or you're shite. My god other teams are allowed to make it hard for you. We were the better team, unfortunately we just didn't have the cutting edge the second half. Dust your self down and move on no damage done

We were poor today but there's no reason to worry or panic.

We must however beat County & Hibs to close the rest of January out now.

Then onto St Johnstone, Hamilton & Killie where 9 points would completely kill all hope of any miraculous comeback by them.

I actually think the team set up wasn’t right against a team that’ll battle like Motherwell. Hagi isn’t the ideal option I don’t think. These are games that we miss Arfield and Jack.
But Hagi gave us the best pass of the first half with his quick, little, dink to the right. And nothing came of it.

The bottom line is, not a lot are playing at full tilt, or are lagged out energy wise. Goldson, Tav and Barisic get pass marks from me today.

Our best midfield by a mile is Kamara/jack Davis arfield . We are badly missing jack and especially arfield. Roofe is our best attacker . Take away your best attacker and best attacking midfielder and you’ll always drop off . Jack and roofe should be back soon. Arfield will be a miss for a while to come I reckon easily could be another 4-6 weeks out

Oh mate, f*ck the f*ck right f*cking up.

F*cking blouse.

We ran motherwell into the ground they were blowing out their arses we still looked full of running. No worries here from me. Game ticked off no ground lost onto what on paper is favourable run of 5/6 games 2 away being hamilton and hibs

We have grown the lead in January. A month where we played the scum the sheep away and still have to go to Hibs. We have done this without Roofe , Jack and Arfield 3 of our most influential players. We are undefeated in 24 league games and dropped 6 points so far. We are the only team that can stop us winning the title.

After the last 9 years we are all desperate to end the misery and when a result like today comes along nervousness can lead to an overreaction but let’s get back to the one game at a time philosophy and be patient. It should be worth the wait.

I think it was more confidence that we could turn it around, rather than complacency.

Maybe too confident, in the end, given we had so many players clearly off form? Anyway, we remain unbeaten, nothing to worry about.

I know, one wonders how we managed to scrape a 21 point lead together.

Hagi changed the game against Motherwell at Ibrox
I think Hagi is more suited to 20-30 minute appearances at the moment. Arfield, Roofe and Jack’s injuries are necessitating him and Aribo starting right now. Neither is meriting a start every game on current form.

Maybe the pitch was shit for a start resulting in having to take an extra touch just an observation :rolleyes:

Problem is we wi

Problem is we will and we do.

Psychology plays a huge role in sport, especially football. 23 points ahead today would have been the final nail in the Peasant coffin. They were never coming back from that. To drop points to a bottom of the table team without a win from October should be unacceptable. Make no mistake, another slow start like that at Easter Road and we will lose.

last january & February were pointers to what happens when we get complacent and turn up but don't impact our game.

Back to getting it out wide and crossing.

The attitude continued on from the last half hour against the sheep.

Lack of options due to injuries beginning to show as well.

And that's exactly how we scored. And how Defoe was a bawhair away from getting the winner. Very difficult to play your way through a bank of 10 players.

Back